• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2 Regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I've noticed how a lot of people are saying "Going to all the regions in one game would be so awesome" or "2nd gen was the best because you went to Jhoto and Kanto!" But I've never felt the same way. I've always loved Jhoto the most, but the one thing that I couldn't stand about Jhoto was that you went to 2 regions. The Pokemon of your foes were always so low a level compared to the other gens. And it just annoyed me. Plus, if you wanted to play Johto, you had to play Kanto as well. I played G/S/C to play Johto.

And I don't want to hear that they made the Kanto portion to make Johto longer. Because honestly, if they didn't add Kanto, they could have expanded Johto's portion, therefore, making Johto longer WITHOUT Kanto. So that's not the reason.

Am I the only one that feels that Jhoto would have been better with out Kanto? Or are there others? This has really been bothering me.

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I agree, i think they should have left it with one region, because in my opinion the Johto gym leaders were fine on their own, every other game has just gone with one region so why did they have to change it.

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
well, I used to be one of those people who thought 'Going to all the regions in one game would be so awesome', until the other day; I played through the Johto portion of Gold, and realized that it was far too short... Had Kanto not been there, they could have made the Johto portion twice as long.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
I did enjoy the Kanto portion; it was a nice little post-game activity to kill an hour or two. I would have preferred Johto was extended, though, because Johto was an awesome region, absolutely awesome, and all the trainers in Kanto were too weak. It was just walk from one gym to the other knocking everything down in your path. >P

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Meh. I'd rather have Kanto in Gen II then having to go through a huge region with (Possibly) 16 gyms. Even though I would of sort of liked it if Johto was extended, I'd rather fight the original Gym Leaders with weak Pokemon than fighting (possibly) 8 randomly created Gym Leaders that it feels like no one's heard of.

Wilkimania

I like the idea of leaving your pokemon in the first gen, you know you could go on like a research mission, and use new pokemon.

Blurrz

Oil Country 4 Life
Kanto was fine.. It just made the game last even longer.

Now.. if you do... Kanto + Johto + Hoenn + Sinnoh... i really can't find that working, cause the Hoenn + Sinnoh Gym Leaders would be at like 50-70 Lvls, while Elite 4 being at like Lvl.90.. Yeah.. way too much time in one game.

Andywoo

Banned
Kanto was fine. The Johto storyline was just too short. Kanto could've used a decent one as well now that I think about it...........

The Johto part of the game was fantastic. Sure, it didn't need Kanto, but it was a nice addition.

Kanto provided a nice little ending to the game, as well as a visit to the region where it all began.
Plus it gave us the foreigner Rocket. Sweet zombie Jesus, I love that guy. T wT

The Johto part of the game was fantastic. Sure, it didn't need Kanto, but it was a nice addition.

Kanto provided a nice little ending to the game, as well as a visit to the region where it all began.
Plus it gave us the foreigner Rocket. Sweet zombie Jesus, I love that guy. T wT

Korshar

Gotta Catch 'em all!
I liked that there were 2 regions. The only thing was that the storyline wasn't that good in both of them.

Casimir

Good boy.
I still am one of the mess of people who wish there was a game with all the regions.
I only see it working in a online-esque game, Being sort of segmented off from the hand held games. You know, in order to get ahold of all the pokemon.

This is where I sorta go against myself, though.

I thought the Kanto part of G/S/C was good in terms of extra gameplay... But I honestly thought they bull crap'd it for lack of better words.
It seems like they just threw something together and put it in the game for something extra.

They could have done a little better with Kanto in G/S/C, in my opinion.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
They added Kanto as a bonus. You bought the game to play Johto, not Kanto. If you want kanto, at the time, you played R/B/Y.

Casimir

Good boy.
They ran out of room, dude. GBC cartridge memory isn't as large as DS.

They added Kanto as a bonus. You bought the game to play Johto, not Kanto. If you want kanto, at the time, you played R/B/Y.

Still not that great of an explaination as to why they would add such a lame extra addition to the game.
If you're going to place Kanto into a game as an extra, make it good.

It filled in for extra time, yeah.... but it wasn't that interesting.

They could've done much better with it.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Kanto was fine. The Johto storyline was just too short. Kanto could've used a decent one as well now that I think about it...........

The Johto story line was short BECAUSE of Kanto. They definately could have expanded Johto if they didn't add Kanto. That's why I think Johto had so much more potential.

Exactly. Plain and simple. I had R/B/Y and I wanted to stay in Johto, NOT Kanto.

I loved having Kanto in the game to be honest, and I found Jhoto easier than Kanto anyway. All that really bugged me was how Kanto trainers somehow got weaker after 3 years, such as Bruno, Koga, Lance, Sabrina and Blaine.

Luxray101

i hated that! but on the bright side, at least game freak probably won't put kanto in a remake. evidence:
if the whole "two regions in one game" thing had proven popular, they would've done it again and again, but since they didn't, it kind of signifies that they didn't think it was a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.