• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2008 Fanfiction Awards - Results Are In!

EonMaster One

saeculum harmonia
As much as it would have been nice to get a couple of other awards, I'm especially glad that I got the one I did. I always told everyone that I might not ever be the best writer on this forum, but it'll be good for me if I was known as the one who stuck to his guns and finished what he started. I placed well in a bunch of different categories, which is cool, too. Big props to all of the winners and nominees.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Wow. O__o" I fell two shy of tying with Air Dragon for Best Setting. Who would've thought. XDD

Not me. That was unexpected...

Congrats to all nominees. May we all strive to improve the quality of our works of which we are so proud to gain such recognition...

L@er!

katiekitten

The Compromise
x3 Congratulations! *scatters cookies* I am very proud of you all - well deserved indeed!

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
You are kidding me.

I never thought for a moment that Lost Evolution would end up winning/tying for such big awards that it did. As far as I was aware, there are better fics than it out there, and those better fics have a larger following than mine. This came as a total surprise to me.

It also makes me feel rather guilty for the fact that I haven't written anything since Christmas and very likely won't until another month has passed and I've shaken off my current fandom obsession.

Damn.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone else who won or tied for these awards. I don't read most of the fics so I can't say how well-deserved they were, but one that I was pleased to see was Jeff's Treecko winning Best Pokémon Supporting Character for NITWOMP.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Big thanks to everyone who nominated and/or voted for me, and big thanks to everyone whose work I've read and replied to, as well--I couldn't have made those replies to your work if you had never written and shared it, after all. ^^ Congrats to the winners and to everyone who was nominated, and big thanks to Dragonfree for making this whole thing happen! ^^

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
*grins*

Thanks all for voting and congrats to the other winners, especially to the much deserve-ed Aussie, Bobandbill. And I'll definately be sure to read more of your fic when I actually get the time. :p

Psychic

Really and truly
o.o Raikou won two character awards? And came in second for Best One-Shot? Wow, I go a year or two without winning a single thing to suddenly having a character who just takes the cake. Even if it's a lie, that's really something for a dying legendary.

Particular congratulatory shout-outs go to purple_drake for beating the thunder beast (if you're going to win anything, it might as well be Best Pokémon One-Shot), elyvorg whose fic I know is great even though I'm just twenty chapters behind (I will review you someday ><, also Archopy), the often under-appreciated Silawen and deserving Sike, Bay, and of course Dragonfree for hosting these awards and doing such a neat, elegant job (very sexily, might I add).

I don't know the rest of you too well, but congrats to all the winners and nominees, and anyone who wrote any fic at all over the course of 2008. Better luck to you in the future, and just keep working at it - practice, and you're sure to improve. ^^

~Psychic

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
I'm fairly surprised that my fic was even mentioned, but to get in second place? Thanks to all who voted and congrats to all who placed.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow. Kinda surprised that I won all those... O_O. And for something I started randomly for the heck of it too.

Thanks all for reading and voting and all, I suppose.

And congrats to all the other people as well, many more deserving than me, no doubt. ^^

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
Thanks to everyone who voted for me - I'm a bit overwhelmed that I managed to win Best Pokemon Centric - and for a fic that can go for pages and pages without dialogue! It...it really does mean a lot to me! :)

And to everyone else who won something, or was merely nominated - congrats! It was your passion, hard work, dedication, and skill that got you here - be proud and take a bow! :)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Wow. Kinda surprised that I won all those... O_O. And for something I started randomly for the heck of it too.

Heck, you earned it.

And I'm in the same boat with Obsession. I dashed off two chapters on index cards in between customers at the video store (a preview for P2000's video release playing overhead at times), then thought "hey, I kinda want to see where this takes me".

And now I have all this.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Wow... I won something, w00t! :D
I was originally gob-smacked by the amount of nominations JAJ and The DSC got, but to actully win one... Out of all of them, I didn't think I'd win Best Fic Quote. I mean, for something that doesn't even make much sense out of context, a whole lot of people sure thought it was funny. ^_^

Anyway, thanks to everyone who voted for me in all the categories, especially my faithful readers who nominated me in the first place, and my sincerest congratulations to all you winners!

whit19

Fire boy
I ain't gon lie, I did feel a little disappointed at first when I saw that I was in last place in best non-pokemon, even if i knew i wouldn't win from the start, but like everyone else has said, bein nominated is a gift in itself. I even got 2 votes, meanin 2 people actually do like what I write. It's betta than the zero count I expected. ^_^

Congratulations to Chris, (thanks for the comment) joshlol, and the rest of the nominees and winners.

And for those who neva got nominated, don't you dare stop writin. Someone will find you eventually, and even so, online forum awards ain't everythin, so don't let it get ya down.

Last edited: