1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Fanfiction Awards - RESULTS

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Dragonfree, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me Staff Member Moderator

The results are in! I would like to thank all 39 users who submitted legit votes in the awards.

Overall Fiction Awards

Best Pokémon Chaptered Fic
    1: 8 votes: [thread=18056]Hoenn League: A Brendan and May Adventure[/thread] by Breezy
    2-3: 6 votes: [thread=374968]Pokémon Ranger and the Gardener of Gratitude[/thread] by The Great Butler
    2-3: 6 votes: [thread=427130]Anima Ex Machina[/thread] by JX Valentine
    4-5: 5 votes: [thread=263312]Pokémon Crusade[/thread] by Pkmn Breeder Jack
    4-5: 5 votes: [thread=273148]Lost Evolution[/thread] by elyvorg
    6: 4 votes: [thread=207042]Pokémon Revolution: Advent Phoenix[/thread] by EonMaster One
    7: 3 votes: [thread=382076]Three: H/Rt-314[/thread] by Synthetic

Best Pokémon One-Shot
    1: 12 votes: [thread=432183]Curse[/thread] by Dragonfree
    2: 11 votes: [thread=411715]Cheater[/thread] by Mrs. Lovett
    3: 6 votes: [thread=375889]Perish: Fire[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
    4: 3 votes: [thread=374537]I Understand[/thread] by Synthetic

Best Non-Pokémon Chaptered Fic
    1: 9 votes: [thread=430827]The Ripple Effect[/thread] by Zadros
    2: 5 votes: [thread=429138]Digimon Guardians[/thread] by Hotshot
    3-4: 4 votes: [thread=392920]Firefly's Folly[/thread] by Haunter
    3-4: 4 votes: [thread=390056]Above[/thread] by Yonowaru in Chaos

Best Non-Pokémon One-Shot
    1: 13 votes: [thread=398721]How to Lose Everything and Gain Nothing[/thread] by DarkScyther1010
    2: 3 votes: [thread=414699]The Fire[/thread] by Torchibusken

Other Fic Awards

Best Plot
    1: 22 votes: [thread=276744]Nothing, Everything[/thread] by Bay
    2: 7 votes: [thread=427130]Anima Ex Machina[/thread] by JX Valentine
    3: 5 votes: [thread=360248]Pokémon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness[/thread] by Shadow Lucario

Most Original Overall
    1: 14 votes: [thread=382076]Three: H/Rt-314[/thread] by Synthetic
    2: 7 votes: [thread=397247]j_m_lee[/thread] by Blivsey
    3: 5 votes: [thread=432349]Power[/thread] by LampShade

Best Writing Style
    1: 10 votes: [thread=424901]The Limits of Kindness[/thread] by Chozo
    2: 7 votes: [thread=296380]Visions of Fate[/thread] by Gardevoir Girl
    3: 6 votes: [thread=421538]Not[/thread] by Seijiro Mafuné

Best Setting
    1: 12 votes: [thread=216749]The Sevii Islands Saga[/thread] by Manaphyman
    2: 9 votes: [thread=111162]The Corei Quest[/thread] by Air Dragon
    3: 7 votes: [thread=323222]Trinity[/thread] by Shrike Flamestar
    4: 4 votes: [thread=432349]Power[/thread] by LampShade
    5: 2 votes: [thread=427394]What I've Lost[/thread] by Umbreon Ruler

Best Expansion of Canon
    1-2: 10 votes: [thread=364756]Travels of the Trifecta[/thread] by Shinneth
    1-2: 10 votes: [thread=420378]The Rookie's Handbook to Conspiracy Theory[/thread] by purple_drake
    3: 5 votes: [thread=408963]Sixth[/thread] by solovino
    4: 4 votes: [thread=387289]Angel of Mercy[/thread] by Diddy
    5: 2 votes: [thread=424901]The Limits of Kindness[/thread] by Chozo

Best Character Development
    1: 12 votes: [thread=126628]Obsession[/thread] by Blackjack Gabbiani
    2: 8 votes: [thread=185032]Pokémon XD^3: Waves of Truth[/thread] by The Great Butler
    3-4: 5 votes: [thread=319986]Stars[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
    3-4: 5 votes: [thread=268560]Never in the Wrong Time or Wrong Place[/thread] by Griff4815
    5: 3 votes: [thread=282557]The Saga of Team Supernova[/thread] by FocusPresenceEndurance

Best Characterization in a Short Story
    1: 12 votes: [thread=420378]The Rookie's Handbook to Conspiracy Theory[/thread] by purple_drake
    2: 10 votes: [thread=405015]Chasing Railroad Tracks[/thread] by lilbluecorsola

Best Original Species
    1: 17 votes: XP-494, [thread=427130]Anima Ex Machina[/thread] by JX Valentine
    2: 13 votes: Archopy, [thread=273148]Lost Evolution[/thread] by elyvorg

Funniest Fic
    1: 24 votes: [thread=246389]The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum[/thread] by bobandbill
    2: 9 votes: [thread=410132]The Adventure of Adventureness[/thread] by Missingno. Master
    3: 2 votes: [thread=407050]Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core[/thread] by GalladeRocks

Most Frightening Fic
    1: 29 votes out of 38: [thread=416099]A Rose by Any Other Name[/thread] by Diddy

Most Heartbreaking Fic
    1: 29 votes out of 39: [thread=424938]A Broken Trinity[/thread] by Koridojo Blaziken

Most Heartwarming Fic
    1: 14 votes: [thread=337927]Pokédex One-Shots: Houndoom[/thread] by Ysavvryl
    2: 9 votes: [thread=424938]A Broken Trinity[/thread] by Koridojo Blaziken
    3: 8 votes: [thread=399479]One Day[/thread] by Breezy

Most Suspenseful Fic
    1: 13 votes: [thread=263312]Pokémon Crusade[/thread] by Pkmn Breeder Jack
    2: 8 votes: [thread=292633]Shattered Pieces[/thread] by Divinity_123
    3: 4 votes: [thread=434502]A Haunting at the Old Chateau[/thread] by Shrike Flamestar
    4: 3 votes: [thread=429097]Clipping[/thread] by Act
    5: 2 votes: [thread=382248]Stitches[/thread] by Breezy
    6: 1 votes: [thread=422635]Deeds of Darkness[/thread] by Mrs. Lovett

Pokémon Genre Awards

Best Trainer Fic
    1-3: 6 votes: [thread=422317]Delta Species[/thread] by Giratina!
    1-3: 6 votes: [thread=370107]The Sapphire Story[/thread] by Buraddo_Aipom
    1-3: 6 votes: [thread=263312]Pokémon Crusade[/thread] by Pkmn Breeder Jack
    4-5: 5 votes: [thread=111162]The Corei Quest[/thread] by Air Dragon
    4-5: 5 votes: [thread=207042]Pokémon Revolution: Advent Phoenix[/thread] by EonMaster One
    6: 3 votes: [thread=382844]Winds of the Past[/thread] by palkia1
    7: 2 votes: [thread=216749]The Sevii Islands Saga[/thread] by Manaphyman

Best Pokémon-Centric
    1: 29 votes: [thread=337927]Pokédex One-Shots[/thread] by Ysavvryl
    2: 5 votes: [thread=408963]Sixth[/thread] by solovino

Best Canon Character-Centric
    1: 26 votes out of 39: [thread=364756]Travels of the Trifecta[/thread] by Shinneth

Character Awards

Best Human Main Character
    1: 15 votes: Bunny, [thread=276744]Nothing, Everything[/thread] by Bay
    2: 9 votes: The "devilishly handsome" narrator, [thread=410132]The Adventure of Adventureness[/thread] by Missingno. Master
    3: 6 votes: Gary, [thread=405015]Chasing Railroad Tracks[/thread] by lilbluecorsola
    4: 4 votes: Damus, [thread=432241]Heart of the Sea[/thread] by Bay

Best Non-Human Main Character
    1: 18 votes: Giratina, [thread=422317]Delta Species[/thread] by Giratina!
    2: 10 votes: Siyu the Larvitar, [thread=376714]Black Pathogenesis[/thread] by Koridojo Blaziken

Best Human Supporting Character
    1: 17 votes: Agena Star, [thread=319986]Stars[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
    2: 11 votes: Conway, [thread=364756]Travels of the Trifecta[/thread] by Shinneth

Best Non-Human Supporting Character
    1: 27 votes out of 39: The Sentret, [thread=427394]What I've Lost[/thread] by Umbreon Ruler

Best Human Villain
    1: 11 votes: Jacob, [thread=276744]Nothing, Everything[/thread] by Bay
    2-3: 7 votes: Count Fernando VIII, [thread=374968]Pokémon Ranger and the Gardener of Gratitude[/thread] by The Great Butler
    2-3: 7 votes: Sirius, [thread=319986]Stars[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
    4-5: 5 votes: The Church of Holy Truth, [thread=228940]Morphic[/thread] by Dragonfree
    4-5: 5 votes: Wallace, [thread=411715]Cheater[/thread] by Mrs. Lovett

Best Non-Human Villain
    1: 29 votes out of 38: Daggerback, [thread=268560]Never in the Wrong Time or Wrong Place[/thread] by Griff4815

Best Minor Character
    1: 27 votes out of 39: Paco the Lombre, [thread=371313]The Light in the Darkness[/thread] by PokemonHero

Funniest Character
    1: 19 votes: Miror B., [thread=246389]The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum[/thread] by bobandbill
    2: 8 votes: Corphish, [thread=268560]Never in the Wrong Time or Wrong Place[/thread] by Griff4815
    3: 7 votes: Tom, [thread=246389]The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum[/thread] by bobandbill

Fic Moments Awards

Funniest Scene
    1: 21 votes: Dialga and Palkia decide on the chosen hero, [thread=429252]PMD: Loopholes[/thread] by Ysavvryl
    2: 14 votes:
    [thread=111162]The Corei Quest[/thread] by Air Dragon

Best Action Scene
    1: 16 votes: Travis, Nate and Katrina versus Gorba, [thread=207042]Pokémon Revolution: Advent Phoenix[/thread] by EonMaster One
    2: 5 votes: Street brawl (chapter 3), [thread=393317]A Step to Redemption[/thread] by daveshan

Best Plot Twist
    1: 24 votes out of 38: Howard's true alliances, [thread=374968]Pokémon Ranger and the Gardener of Gratitude[/thread] by The Great Butler

Best Fic Quote
    1: 29 votes out of 39:
    [thread=410132]The Adventure of Adventureness[/thread] by Missingno. Master

Author Awards

Best Established Writer
    1: 18 votes: Breezy
    2: 13 votes: Ysavvryl
    3: 6 votes: //Mix\\

Best New Writer
    1: 15 votes: JX Valentine
    2: 11 votes: Giratina!
    3: 4 votes: Venomfrog

Most Dedicated Writer
    1: 20 votes: Ysavvryl
    2: 10 votes: The Great Butler
    3-4: 3 votes: Yonowaru in Chaos
    3-4: 3 votes: Shadow Lucario
    5: 2 votes: chosen_one386

Most Improved Writer
    1: 13 votes: Manaphyman
    2: 9 votes: Gardevoir Girl
    3: 2 votes: Medicate
    4: 1 votes: Mickis96

Reviewer Awards

Most Helpful Reviewer
    1: 14 votes: Breezy
    2: 9 votes: JX Valentine
    3-4: 4 votes: Sike Saner
    3-4: 4 votes: Diddy
    5: 3 votes: Luphinid Silnaek

Most Dedicated Reviewer
    1: 15 votes: Bay
    2: 13 votes: bobandbill
    3: 6 votes: Sike Saner

Congratulations to all the winners!

2. Air Dragon

Air Dragon Ha, ha... not.

So, the moment of truth has arrived.

2nd in two categories unless you count the one I tied with EM1 for (OMG I tied with EM1?!) I'm still stunned I pulled that off.

Congratulations to all winners and nominees! Each person who won certainly deserved it! Looks like i have to step up my game this year... :p

Let's give the 2010 Awards something to really raise the roof about, people! :D

L@er!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  3. Griff4815

Griff4815 No. 1 Grovyle Fan

Congrats, everyone. I'm happy Daggerback got at least one vote when running against himself. That could have been embarrassing. =P

4. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

Well I don't think first/second/third is too bad for me for my first year being in these ^^

Nice to see the people I like winning or coming close to it. Congrats to the people who didn't quite get what they wanted, but obviously everyone here is pretty good since they were nominated in the first place ;D

BA~

5. Bay

Bay YEAHHHHHHH

Last yeah I'm surprised I won for Best Established Writer.

This time, NE got all the awards it was nominated for. I'm also surprised I tied with the most awards with Ysavvyrl. D:

Well, just want to say thanks everyone who voted for NE! I'm glad everyone that enjoyed the story believed it should be awarded those categories the story was in. ^^ Also, I'm so glad Jacob won best villain. Seriously, I suck at antagonist characters. XD

Also, congrats to everyone who won and those that were nominated! Cheers! *raises up her wine glass*

6. LightingKimba

LightingKimba Listenin' t'Dragons!

Things like these always slip past my radar~

Congrats to all the winners, and I wish I could've voted when the time came but obviously, I ran waay too late for that.

7. Shinneth

Shinneth Fail-Leader!

pppffff. Wow. Tying with Best Expansion of Canon. That's exciting. This is the first time since I started writing fics on the 'net (which was, what... 11 years ago?) that I've ever been nominated for anything like this, so this has been a very amazing experience for me. Not that I can say much about winning in the category where I had no competition, but tying for Best Expansion of Canon is just exciting me like nuts. ♥ I'm immensely grateful for everyone who voted for Trifecta~ for once I feel like I can genuinely be proud of something I wrote after all these years.

Congrats to everyone else who won and got nominated as well! This has totally made my day. :D

8. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

Holy crap, best character development? I have to say I'm a bit surprised given that not even a year has passed in Obsession yet. I was thinking maybe closer to the end of the fic, but now? Amazing!

9. Shadow Lucario

Shadow Lucario Well-Known Member

I was surprised when I saw that I was nominated for Most Dedicated Writer and now I see that I've tied for third/fourth. Despite not winning anything I would like to thank anyone who nominated me and voted for me. This year is going to be an improvement and I'll be aiming to make my writing that much better.

10. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

WAIT GUYS! GUYS I SURPRISED TOO. D:

Rly! I'm usually never here/not active enough to actually win the categories I'm nominated in, or, you know, get nominated period, so I'm pleasantly pleasant and surprised. Especially winning best pokemon chaptered fic. Are we all reading the same story that I'm reading? XP Established writer was excitingly surprising to see, too. =)

Also, I'm glad that ... *looks up* eighteen of you think I'm helpful in reviewing, even though I go off on tangents. ^^

Anyway, thanks for the nominations and the votes and everything! <3

too many symbols and smilies, too little time.

11. Chozo

Chozo My Serebii face

1. Ten people actually read my story? =O

2. I won?

oh god

i am so sorry

12. Venia Silente

Venia Silente [](int x){return x;}

Well it can't be that bad, I mean it was friggin' Ysavvryl* who I was going against! I was pretty surprised to be nominated and I am even more surprised --one can't vote for themself after all :D -- and grateful, for the people who have voted me.

Not meaning to offend or anything -- I'm mostly trying to clearly declare I'm surprised...

As for Best Expansion of Canon, that was a pretty hard battle to begin with. I soehow concur with the resulting tie -- Travels of the Trifecta is an awesome fic and the very little bit of ...Handbook I have read has paid off well. I can only say writerr's ability to expand and extrapolate is incredible and well received here.

I'm taking the hint then: to continue working in my story. Which is good because I have enjoyed a lot getting back to work in it (and I have gained a sort of respect-admiration for Cradily). Who knows, get 6 votes next time? :D

Also, I'm happy that Most Heartwarming Fic nomination paid off -- Somehow I managed to nail it down. Or is it that people essentially voted One-Shots as a whole...?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  13. GalladeRocks

GalladeRocks Son of a Beach

Wow, I can't believe that I actually got two votes, given the professionals I was up against. To that pair who voted for me, thank you greatly! And congratulations to all the winners out there!

14. Pkmn Breeder Jack

Pkmn Breeder Jack Static owns you.

Awesome job everyone! There were some pleasant surprises and I'm happy for everyone who won. Thanks to everyone who voted for me as well! :)

15. Mrs. Lovett

Mrs. Lovett Rolling writer

Wow, I haven't been active here for a while... it's a good thing I came back in time to see the results.

Anyways, congrats to all winners and nominees! I'm surprised my Cheater story made it so far. I'm glad people enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it :)
    Here's to a successful Fic Awards, and many more in the future.

16. Umbreon Ruler

Umbreon Ruler Swim for your life.

I just found out I was even nominated for anything. ^^; Thank you, and congratulations to all the winners.