• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2009 Fanfiction Awards - RESULTS

Dragonfree

Just me
The results are in! I would like to thank all 39 users who submitted legit votes in the awards.

Overall Fiction Awards

Best Pokémon Chaptered Fic
1: 8 votes: [thread=18056]Hoenn League: A Brendan and May Adventure[/thread] by Breezy
2-3: 6 votes: [thread=374968]Pokémon Ranger and the Gardener of Gratitude[/thread] by The Great Butler
2-3: 6 votes: [thread=427130]Anima Ex Machina[/thread] by JX Valentine
4-5: 5 votes: [thread=263312]Pokémon Crusade[/thread] by Pkmn Breeder Jack
4-5: 5 votes: [thread=273148]Lost Evolution[/thread] by elyvorg
6: 4 votes: [thread=207042]Pokémon Revolution: Advent Phoenix[/thread] by EonMaster One
7: 3 votes: [thread=382076]Three: H/Rt-314[/thread] by Synthetic

Best Pokémon One-Shot
1: 12 votes: [thread=432183]Curse[/thread] by Dragonfree
2: 11 votes: [thread=411715]Cheater[/thread] by Mrs. Lovett
3: 6 votes: [thread=375889]Perish: Fire[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
4: 3 votes: [thread=374537]I Understand[/thread] by Synthetic

Best Non-Pokémon Chaptered Fic
1: 9 votes: [thread=430827]The Ripple Effect[/thread] by Zadros
2: 5 votes: [thread=429138]Digimon Guardians[/thread] by Hotshot
3-4: 4 votes: [thread=392920]Firefly's Folly[/thread] by Haunter
3-4: 4 votes: [thread=390056]Above[/thread] by Yonowaru in Chaos

Best Non-Pokémon One-Shot
1: 13 votes: [thread=398721]How to Lose Everything and Gain Nothing[/thread] by DarkScyther1010
2: 3 votes: [thread=414699]The Fire[/thread] by Torchibusken

Other Fic Awards

Best Plot
1: 22 votes: [thread=276744]Nothing, Everything[/thread] by Bay
2: 7 votes: [thread=427130]Anima Ex Machina[/thread] by JX Valentine
3: 5 votes: [thread=360248]Pokémon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness[/thread] by Shadow Lucario

Most Original Overall
1: 14 votes: [thread=382076]Three: H/Rt-314[/thread] by Synthetic
2: 7 votes: [thread=397247]j_m_lee[/thread] by Blivsey
3: 5 votes: [thread=432349]Power[/thread] by LampShade

Best Writing Style
1: 10 votes: [thread=424901]The Limits of Kindness[/thread] by Chozo
2: 7 votes: [thread=296380]Visions of Fate[/thread] by Gardevoir Girl
3: 6 votes: [thread=421538]Not[/thread] by Seijiro Mafuné

Best Setting
1: 12 votes: [thread=216749]The Sevii Islands Saga[/thread] by Manaphyman
2: 9 votes: [thread=111162]The Corei Quest[/thread] by Air Dragon
3: 7 votes: [thread=323222]Trinity[/thread] by Shrike Flamestar
4: 4 votes: [thread=432349]Power[/thread] by LampShade
5: 2 votes: [thread=427394]What I've Lost[/thread] by Umbreon Ruler

Best Expansion of Canon
1-2: 10 votes: [thread=364756]Travels of the Trifecta[/thread] by Shinneth
1-2: 10 votes: [thread=420378]The Rookie's Handbook to Conspiracy Theory[/thread] by purple_drake
3: 5 votes: [thread=408963]Sixth[/thread] by solovino
4: 4 votes: [thread=387289]Angel of Mercy[/thread] by Diddy
5: 2 votes: [thread=424901]The Limits of Kindness[/thread] by Chozo

Best Character Development
1: 12 votes: [thread=126628]Obsession[/thread] by Blackjack Gabbiani
2: 8 votes: [thread=185032]Pokémon XD^3: Waves of Truth[/thread] by The Great Butler
3-4: 5 votes: [thread=319986]Stars[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
3-4: 5 votes: [thread=268560]Never in the Wrong Time or Wrong Place[/thread] by Griff4815
5: 3 votes: [thread=282557]The Saga of Team Supernova[/thread] by FocusPresenceEndurance

Best Characterization in a Short Story
1: 12 votes: [thread=420378]The Rookie's Handbook to Conspiracy Theory[/thread] by purple_drake
2: 10 votes: [thread=405015]Chasing Railroad Tracks[/thread] by lilbluecorsola

Best Original Species
1: 17 votes: XP-494, [thread=427130]Anima Ex Machina[/thread] by JX Valentine
2: 13 votes: Archopy, [thread=273148]Lost Evolution[/thread] by elyvorg

Funniest Fic
1: 24 votes: [thread=246389]The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum[/thread] by bobandbill
2: 9 votes: [thread=410132]The Adventure of Adventureness[/thread] by Missingno. Master
3: 2 votes: [thread=407050]Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core[/thread] by GalladeRocks

Most Frightening Fic
1: 29 votes out of 38: [thread=416099]A Rose by Any Other Name[/thread] by Diddy

Most Heartbreaking Fic
1: 29 votes out of 39: [thread=424938]A Broken Trinity[/thread] by Koridojo Blaziken

Most Heartwarming Fic
1: 14 votes: [thread=337927]Pokédex One-Shots: Houndoom[/thread] by Ysavvryl
2: 9 votes: [thread=424938]A Broken Trinity[/thread] by Koridojo Blaziken
3: 8 votes: [thread=399479]One Day[/thread] by Breezy

Most Suspenseful Fic
1: 13 votes: [thread=263312]Pokémon Crusade[/thread] by Pkmn Breeder Jack
2: 8 votes: [thread=292633]Shattered Pieces[/thread] by Divinity_123
3: 4 votes: [thread=434502]A Haunting at the Old Chateau[/thread] by Shrike Flamestar
4: 3 votes: [thread=429097]Clipping[/thread] by Act
5: 2 votes: [thread=382248]Stitches[/thread] by Breezy
6: 1 votes: [thread=422635]Deeds of Darkness[/thread] by Mrs. Lovett

Pokémon Genre Awards

Best Trainer Fic
1-3: 6 votes: [thread=422317]Delta Species[/thread] by Giratina!
1-3: 6 votes: [thread=370107]The Sapphire Story[/thread] by Buraddo_Aipom
1-3: 6 votes: [thread=263312]Pokémon Crusade[/thread] by Pkmn Breeder Jack
4-5: 5 votes: [thread=111162]The Corei Quest[/thread] by Air Dragon
4-5: 5 votes: [thread=207042]Pokémon Revolution: Advent Phoenix[/thread] by EonMaster One
6: 3 votes: [thread=382844]Winds of the Past[/thread] by palkia1
7: 2 votes: [thread=216749]The Sevii Islands Saga[/thread] by Manaphyman

Best Pokémon-Centric
1: 29 votes: [thread=337927]Pokédex One-Shots[/thread] by Ysavvryl
2: 5 votes: [thread=408963]Sixth[/thread] by solovino

Best Canon Character-Centric
1: 26 votes out of 39: [thread=364756]Travels of the Trifecta[/thread] by Shinneth

Character Awards

Best Human Main Character
1: 15 votes: Bunny, [thread=276744]Nothing, Everything[/thread] by Bay
2: 9 votes: The "devilishly handsome" narrator, [thread=410132]The Adventure of Adventureness[/thread] by Missingno. Master
3: 6 votes: Gary, [thread=405015]Chasing Railroad Tracks[/thread] by lilbluecorsola
4: 4 votes: Damus, [thread=432241]Heart of the Sea[/thread] by Bay

Best Non-Human Main Character
1: 18 votes: Giratina, [thread=422317]Delta Species[/thread] by Giratina!
2: 10 votes: Siyu the Larvitar, [thread=376714]Black Pathogenesis[/thread] by Koridojo Blaziken

Best Human Supporting Character
1: 17 votes: Agena Star, [thread=319986]Stars[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
2: 11 votes: Conway, [thread=364756]Travels of the Trifecta[/thread] by Shinneth

Best Non-Human Supporting Character
1: 27 votes out of 39: The Sentret, [thread=427394]What I've Lost[/thread] by Umbreon Ruler

Best Human Villain
1: 11 votes: Jacob, [thread=276744]Nothing, Everything[/thread] by Bay
2-3: 7 votes: Count Fernando VIII, [thread=374968]Pokémon Ranger and the Gardener of Gratitude[/thread] by The Great Butler
2-3: 7 votes: Sirius, [thread=319986]Stars[/thread] by Dramatic Melody
4-5: 5 votes: The Church of Holy Truth, [thread=228940]Morphic[/thread] by Dragonfree
4-5: 5 votes: Wallace, [thread=411715]Cheater[/thread] by Mrs. Lovett

Best Non-Human Villain
1: 29 votes out of 38: Daggerback, [thread=268560]Never in the Wrong Time or Wrong Place[/thread] by Griff4815

Best Minor Character
1: 27 votes out of 39: Paco the Lombre, [thread=371313]The Light in the Darkness[/thread] by PokemonHero

Funniest Character
1: 19 votes: Miror B., [thread=246389]The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum[/thread] by bobandbill
2: 8 votes: Corphish, [thread=268560]Never in the Wrong Time or Wrong Place[/thread] by Griff4815
3: 7 votes: Tom, [thread=246389]The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum[/thread] by bobandbill

Fic Moments Awards

Funniest Scene
1: 21 votes: Dialga and Palkia decide on the chosen hero, [thread=429252]PMD: Loopholes[/thread] by Ysavvryl
2: 14 votes:
A few nights later, an elderly lady walked down the tranquil street towards her new modest two storey home. A large shopping bag hung from the crook of her left arm as she marched briskly on, the large brown trench coat masking her short frame effectively.

A couple of thickset thugs stepped out of a side street and barred her way onward. One of the thugs, with a shiny pate and a large yellow heart-shaped tattoo stepped forward, his many heavy chains clinking and gleaming in the lamp light.

"Good evening, Mum," the second one leered in a northern city accent not unlike cockney, revealing a glint of silver as he moved his lips. "How's about a fiver for 'e pub, eh?"

"I'm sorry," the woman replied haltingly, her pale blue eyes flashing dangerously. "But I must be getting home-"

"Aw, don't say that, Granny," the first thug wheedled, grabbing her by the crook of her arm tightly. "We jus' wanna afiver..."

"Please unhand me at once," the old lady said with a grizzled smile, "or I'm afraid I will have to harm you."

"Wot was 'zat?" The first thug yelled, evidently angered by the elderly lady's spunk, his bright green punk mohawk seemingly standing straighter than usual in his rage. Pulling out a solitary pokeball, he threw it forward and yelled, "Go, Charmeleon!"

A medium sized (by which I mean a three foot plus) reptile appeared before their victim, its long dirty claws and vicious fangs bared as the flame on its long tail burned with great intensity. a single horn grew out from in between and above its indigo-shaded irises, which were narrowed in anger or bloodlust, its crimson complexion made it hard to tell.

"Well, so much for playin' nice," the cueball sighed. "Come out, Wombeal!"

A small, dirty grey creature appeared on the ground in a flash of light, rubbing its thick blue knuckles menacingly as it leered at the old woman. It knew what it had to do, and was rather looking forward to it.

"Oh, dear," the seemingly defenseless woman sighed. Fishing in her shopping bag, she puled out a red and white or and splitting it open with the press of a button, commanded, "Petal, be a dear and use Petal Dance, would you?"

A whirl of petals, a series of loud smacks and yells later, all four assailants were tied to the lamp post by a number of thick, thorny green vines, out cold. Picking up her broad-rimmed hat, she dusted it off and said scoldingly, "Youth of today. So ill-mannered, most of them. Come along, Petal," she called to her Bouquet Pokemon, retracting it in a fash of red light. "We must get home now."

And without a backwards glance, Rosa Saunders moved off towards the corner amidst a shower of sapphire rose petals, muttering, "Let that be a lesson to you punks. Nobody messes with G."
[thread=111162]The Corei Quest[/thread] by Air Dragon

Best Action Scene
1: 16 votes: Travis, Nate and Katrina versus Gorba, [thread=207042]Pokémon Revolution: Advent Phoenix[/thread] by EonMaster One
2: 5 votes: Street brawl (chapter 3), [thread=393317]A Step to Redemption[/thread] by daveshan

Best Plot Twist
1: 24 votes out of 38: Howard's true alliances, [thread=374968]Pokémon Ranger and the Gardener of Gratitude[/thread] by The Great Butler

Best Fic Quote
1: 29 votes out of 39:
"What's wrong with the story?" the incredibly handsome narrator asked incredulously.

"There you go again! Will you PLEASE stop praising yourself in your own narration?!" yelled Jack, clearly at his wit's end. "And what's wrong with the story?! Did you not see that story?! It STUNK, that's what's wrong with it! Two lines! Two lines of text! I go down the road, I catch a shiny Rayquaza with a Master Ball that seems to appear out of nowhere?! Where's the plot?! Where's the depth?! The description! For all the readers know, I could be a two-headed cheeseburger with a hundred-and-seven tentacles!"
[thread=410132]The Adventure of Adventureness[/thread] by Missingno. Master

Author Awards

Best Established Writer
1: 18 votes: Breezy
2: 13 votes: Ysavvryl
3: 6 votes: //Mix\\

Best New Writer
1: 15 votes: JX Valentine
2: 11 votes: Giratina!
3: 4 votes: Venomfrog

Most Dedicated Writer
1: 20 votes: Ysavvryl
2: 10 votes: The Great Butler
3-4: 3 votes: Yonowaru in Chaos
3-4: 3 votes: Shadow Lucario
5: 2 votes: chosen_one386

Most Improved Writer
1: 13 votes: Manaphyman
2: 9 votes: Gardevoir Girl
3: 2 votes: Medicate
4: 1 votes: Mickis96

Reviewer Awards

Most Helpful Reviewer
1: 14 votes: Breezy
2: 9 votes: JX Valentine
3-4: 4 votes: Sike Saner
3-4: 4 votes: Diddy
5: 3 votes: Luphinid Silnaek

Most Dedicated Reviewer
1: 15 votes: Bay
2: 13 votes: bobandbill
3: 6 votes: Sike Saner

Congratulations to all the winners!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
So, the moment of truth has arrived.

2nd in two categories unless you count the one I tied with EM1 for (OMG I tied with EM1?!) I'm still stunned I pulled that off.

Congratulations to all winners and nominees! Each person who won certainly deserved it! Looks like i have to step up my game this year... :p

Let's give the 2010 Awards something to really raise the roof about, people! :D

L@er!

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
Well I don't think first/second/third is too bad for me for my first year being in these ^^

Nice to see the people I like winning or coming close to it. Congrats to the people who didn't quite get what they wanted, but obviously everyone here is pretty good since they were nominated in the first place ;D

BA~

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Last yeah I'm surprised I won for Best Established Writer.

This time, NE got all the awards it was nominated for. I'm also surprised I tied with the most awards with Ysavvyrl. D:

Well, just want to say thanks everyone who voted for NE! I'm glad everyone that enjoyed the story believed it should be awarded those categories the story was in. ^^ Also, I'm so glad Jacob won best villain. Seriously, I suck at antagonist characters. XD

Also, congrats to everyone who won and those that were nominated! Cheers! *raises up her wine glass*

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
pppffff. Wow. Tying with Best Expansion of Canon. That's exciting. This is the first time since I started writing fics on the 'net (which was, what... 11 years ago?) that I've ever been nominated for anything like this, so this has been a very amazing experience for me. Not that I can say much about winning in the category where I had no competition, but tying for Best Expansion of Canon is just exciting me like nuts. ♥ I'm immensely grateful for everyone who voted for Trifecta~ for once I feel like I can genuinely be proud of something I wrote after all these years.

Congrats to everyone else who won and got nominated as well! This has totally made my day. :D

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Holy crap, best character development? I have to say I'm a bit surprised given that not even a year has passed in Obsession yet. I was thinking maybe closer to the end of the fic, but now? Amazing!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I was surprised when I saw that I was nominated for Most Dedicated Writer and now I see that I've tied for third/fourth. Despite not winning anything I would like to thank anyone who nominated me and voted for me. This year is going to be an improvement and I'll be aiming to make my writing that much better.

Breezy

WAIT GUYS! GUYS I SURPRISED TOO. D:

Rly! I'm usually never here/not active enough to actually win the categories I'm nominated in, or, you know, get nominated period, so I'm pleasantly pleasant and surprised. Especially winning best pokemon chaptered fic. Are we all reading the same story that I'm reading? XP Established writer was excitingly surprising to see, too. =)

Also, I'm glad that ... *looks up* eighteen of you think I'm helpful in reviewing, even though I go off on tangents. ^^

Anyway, thanks for the nominations and the votes and everything! <3

too many symbols and smilies, too little time.

Chozo

My Serebii face
Best Writing Style
1: 10 votes: [thread=424901]The Limits of Kindness[/thread] by Chozo
2: 7 votes: [thread=296380]Visions of Fate[/thread] by Gardevoir Girl
3: 6 votes: [thread=421538]Not[/thread] by Seijiro Mafuné

1. Ten people actually read my story? =O

2. I won?

oh god

i am so sorry

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Best Pokémon-Centric
1: 29 votes: Pokédex One-Shots by Ysavvryl
2: 5 votes: Sixth by solovino
Well it can't be that bad, I mean it was friggin' Ysavvryl* who I was going against! I was pretty surprised to be nominated and I am even more surprised --one can't vote for themself after all :D -- and grateful, for the people who have voted me.

Not meaning to offend or anything -- I'm mostly trying to clearly declare I'm surprised...

As for Best Expansion of Canon, that was a pretty hard battle to begin with. I soehow concur with the resulting tie -- Travels of the Trifecta is an awesome fic and the very little bit of ...Handbook I have read has paid off well. I can only say writerr's ability to expand and extrapolate is incredible and well received here.

I'm taking the hint then: to continue working in my story. Which is good because I have enjoyed a lot getting back to work in it (and I have gained a sort of respect-admiration for Cradily). Who knows, get 6 votes next time? :D

Also, I'm happy that Most Heartwarming Fic nomination paid off -- Somehow I managed to nail it down. Or is it that people essentially voted One-Shots as a whole...?

Last edited:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Wow, I can't believe that I actually got two votes, given the professionals I was up against. To that pair who voted for me, thank you greatly! And congratulations to all the winners out there!

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Awesome job everyone! There were some pleasant surprises and I'm happy for everyone who won. Thanks to everyone who voted for me as well! :)

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
Wow, I haven't been active here for a while... it's a good thing I came back in time to see the results.

Anyways, congrats to all winners and nominees! I'm surprised my Cheater story made it so far. I'm glad people enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it :)
Here's to a successful Fic Awards, and many more in the future.