• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2009 Fanfiction Awards?

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Are there any plans on having them again this year? We've done them for at least the last two years, and they generate a lot activity with authors trying to get stuff written so they can be nominated. I'm not suggesting myself as the organizer because my time online is very irregular, but I'd certainly be interested in nominating people.

So, anyone else interested? Discuss.

Dragonfree

Just me
There's no reason I couldn't do it again, I suppose; I've still got the voting system from last year, after all, which people seemed to generally like. If there are particular suggestions, I'm all ears.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I'd be up for it. Hopefully I'll have Obsession 20 out by the end of the year.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Hmm, if the fanfic awards were to happen I believe they would end up finishing next year? Can't say I'd see it finishing up within this month voting and all. =/ But doesn't mean they can't start happening now though (after all the last one - 2008 - finished in February this year) so it doesn't matter much at all. XD Depends if there's enough interest and whatnot, I suppose.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well I think it's meant to be covering all of the previous year, like the Oscars.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Yeah, I'm game for this. An awards ceremony for authors? If it was Stickied at the top of the Fan Fiction section, the people writing fanfics could strive to make them better, knowing what is considered "Best".

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I'm game. :3 I thought the last two awards went smoothly, so it shouldn't be bad to do it again. This might make me get to writing again since I haven't written anything since I finished Nothing, Everything. D:

Support Nothing, Everything when the awards come! :p

PokemonHero

I can see the future
It'd be great to start them up again. Hopefully, I could get some nominees...Yeah, when I haven't updated a story in months.

Vote The Light in the Darkness

Last edited:

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
I'd like to see this happen. There are some specific fics I want to nominate. I'd be in to try get an award or even help organize this stuff, but right now I'm quite lacking in terms of time. If the awards extend to Jan-Feb 2010, on the other hand... I'll be content if I can actually finish my fic soon, since I'm only one chapter away... yet I can barely find the time to write those precious last words...

Support Sixth when the awards come! Yes I'm shamelessly imitating Bay! :p

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
I'd be up fir it, especially since I had the guts to actually post something this year. xD

Dragonfree

Just me
So... am I hosting it? Act? Both of us?

In any case, a good starting point would be for people to look over [thread=351256]the system and categories for the 2008 awards[/thread] and comment here on possible changes.

Llama_Guy

Awesomely awesome
Hmm, it seems pretty solid. All I can think of is adding a "Best AU fic" category. Like, how well does an author actually incorporate Pokémon into a world that's essentially, not the world of Pokémon, at least as we know it. Or something like that. To me it's a big thing in itself to do that decently and interesting.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
So basically we're providing a Pokéfic-exclusive award for 'Best Innovation in Canon'? I think that would be more suitable, because 'AU' means Alternate Universe and would also entail things like 'Misty and Ash hooking up in a boarding school with Paul being the jealous melodramatic rival and Zoey the whiny dog they 'are' and trying to ruin their relationship. WILL THEIR LOVE SURVIVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?' or stuff like that.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Whatever you'd prefer, Dragonfree! (I have over a month 'til my classes start back up, so I have way too much free time and wouldn't have any issues doing it alone, if you'd rather.)

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
^ If you need any additional help I can also lend a hand, but two is probably already fine. XD But if not I'm willing.

Something else besides voting categories would also be the limit one can be nominated for, btw - would last time's limit remain the same?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Maybe "best expansion of canon"--ie, fics based off scenes that we know happened. Especially useful for game-based fics, since the storytelling in the games is fairly bare-bones.

Hmm. "Best fic under 1000 words"?