• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2009 Review of the PokéYear!

rocky505

I went to three events (Shaymin, Gigas, Arceus) all at Toys'R' Us. Was hyped up about HGSS all year and got HG in october. Bought my first Poke plush in a very long time (Ralts). Caught my first platinum shiny (timid zapdos) got all the Lv. X's from Stormfront. Finished my Legendary Pokemon TCG collection in July. Thats all I can think of right now.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Got Platinum, and discovered this site.

Illusione-Tempus

- Got PMD Time (I'm so slow ._.)
- Got Platinum and finished the whole storyline
- Hyped up for HG/SS release
- Got Japanese HG and finished the whole storyline
- Got PMD Sky and finished the whole storyline
- Frantically waiting for HG/SS release when the release date was announced.

And my 1 year anniversary in Sppf

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The event with HGSS was great, and of course i got my Platinum and the D/S game.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I thought 2009 was a great year for pokemon. So many new things were announced and 2010 will be even better because everything that was announced will be coming out this year.

after not playing pokemon for several years i got back into it, bought a ds with ruby, saphire, pearl, diamond and platinum.

completed all of them except for platinum and saphire, got loads and loads of different legendaries which makes me happy even though im that type of person that doesnt use them in my party.

also found out about hg/ss and i joined this site.

and i did all that from the beggining in december :)

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

I'd say it was an "interesting" year of Pokemon for me:

- This was the year that I finally got my own DS as a Birthday Present, so (of course) I had to get some games to go with it. So I bought all Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum all within the span of a few months.

- This is also the year of me getting my wireless router for my Laptop. This meant that I would be able to take part in the Wireless events of the year. (Darkrai and Shaymin) I didn't do the "Change Rotom's form" one, I just didn't get the router in time. I did get a TRU Arceus, over a trade, since I was unable to make the TRU event.

- HGSS. The biggest news of the year was definitely the news of Pokemon Gold and Silver getting a remake on the DS, ala FireRed and LeafGreen on the GBA. I had a feeling that a remake was going to the DS! As this being when I got my DS, I could actually get it when it came to the states! :D

- This year was when I heard of KeyHole TV, a program that enables you to view Japanese TV live. This means I could watch the new Pokemon episode when it came on Wednesday night (Thursday morning for Japan) so that made me more in-tune with the Japanese version! :D

Chimchar15

I'd say it was an "interesting" year of Pokemon for me:

- This was the year that I finally got my own DS as a Birthday Present, so (of course) I had to get some games to go with it. So I bought all Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum all within the span of a few months.

- This is also the year of me getting my wireless router for my Laptop. This meant that I would be able to take part in the Wireless events of the year. (Darkrai and Shaymin) I didn't do the "Change Rotom's form" one, I just didn't get the router in time. I did get a TRU Arceus, over a trade, since I was unable to make the TRU event.

- HGSS. The biggest news of the year was definitely the news of Pokemon Gold and Silver getting a remake on the DS, ala FireRed and LeafGreen on the GBA. I had a feeling that a remake was going to the DS! As this being when I got my DS, I could actually get it when it came to the states! :D

- This year was when I heard of KeyHole TV, a program that enables you to view Japanese TV live. This means I could watch the new Pokemon episode when it came on Wednesday night (Thursday morning for Japan) so that made me more in-tune with the Japanese version! :D

Dude you just made my day. I have been looking for a way to watch Japanese shows live since FOREVER!!!!! Thank you!!!

mrfatcat

Ace Trainer
What'd I do? Nothing really except my event deoxys, though I got quite a bit of pokemon in my pokedex this year. Though I did buy My Pokemon Ranch and Pokemon Rumble. I also restarted sapphire to get more copies of legendaries and trecko.

mrfatcat

Ace Trainer
What'd I do? Nothing really except my event deoxys, though I got quite a bit of pokemon in my pokedex this year. Though I did buy My Pokemon Ranch and Pokemon Rumble. I also restarted sapphire to get more copies of legendaries and trecko.

mrfatcat

Ace Trainer

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Review:

1. Went to a couple events (TRU Shaymin & TRU Arceus)
2. Got my first shinys (A flock of Swellow, a shiny Buneary, Shellos (East sied), and a Wurmple)
3. Got Platinum, beat it at least 3 times
4. Got the new PMD game, I haven't touched it.
5. Got SoulSilver, beat it twice.

yey?