• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2010 DS Game of the Year

What is the 2010 DS Game of the Year?

• Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Super Scribblenauts

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Sands of Destruction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 8 9.2%

• Total voters

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Pokemon bias aside, just wondering what your thoughts on best DS game of the year is, and why?

Again, try to be as objective as possible on a Pokemon forum. ;)

Kabuto

little punks!
I picked HeartGold/SoulSilver, only because nothing else has quite hit that level of entertainment for me. Hell, I didn't even buy any other DS games this year, though Sonic Colors DS and Layton look like fun.

And Pokemon Black and White will be the DS games of next year >_>.

SmartD

Pokemon Heartgold. It's a really great game.

Dattebayo

Banned
HG/SS, even if it's not as good as Platinum for obvious reasons.

Cobalt_Latios

TWEWY.

*waits for BCVM to come in just like last year and ask me if that joke has tired yet*
Maybe you could eventually substitute TWEWY for TWEWY2 if it ever happens.

C_L

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I'd say Dragon Quest IX, BUT I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

And so, in its stead, I go with HG/SS. [/generic]

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Hard to say, there were no real good ones. Oh well...

Tie bewteen SoulSilver/HeartGold and Sonic Colors...

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Yeah, I think this may actually be the year where Pokemon is the top DS title of the year. A retro-revival of course, but it was handled extremely well.

I haven't played DQ9, but it looks interesting as does Sonic Colors, but even then, I may put HGSS above those two.

Super Scribblenauts is interesting but may be too similar to last year's edition to really justify a GOTY award.

Really a shallow year for the DS. Surprising considering Nintendo's usually stellar lineup, and if they don't produce, usually third parties do.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really think that Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, took the cake this year. I know it's the generic answer, but I really think that they were the most enjoyable DS games of the year. I played some of the other big DS titles like Ace Attorney and Golden Sun, but I wasn't as addicted to those games as I was to the Pokemon games.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
TWEWY.

*waits for BCVM to come in just like last year and ask me if that joke has tired yet*

Wasn't TWEWY a game from last year?

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Dragon Quest 9. The Dragon Quest series has always been my favorite. Great storylines and dramatic battles. Yes, why don't people play those types of games anymore?