• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2010 DS Game of the Year

What is the 2010 DS Game of the Year?

• Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Super Scribblenauts

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Sands of Destruction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 8 9.2%

• Total voters

Aurath8

I really don't want to choose HGSS because the Platinum I bought in October was so much more enjoyable and I predict Guardian Signs(damn your lateness in the year, Christmas!) will be better too. Sadly, I couldn't get enough game time for a verdict on Ranger and Plat. was released in '09. So I'm forced to choose HeartGold.

AipomTamer

Weren't Black & White released this year?

Dogboy2709

Yami Yugi
The best DS game of this year. For me, it would have to be 999 (9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors). It's not surprising that not a single one of you mentioned it though.

1. this is a pokemon forum. of course most people would say HG/SS

2. 999 is rated M, which already knocks out most of the DS audience, and most of the people at this forum.

but, still 999 is QUITE addicting. I am hooked on that game. I seriously can't put it down!

Munchlax66

Platinum is becoming the new Melee. A game used to bash another. (HGSS ~ Brawl, Platinum ~ Melee)

I vote HeartGold because it's pretty much the best Pokemon Game to Date and if you are offended by this post then deal with it.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Pokemon Heartgold. A remake of one of my favorite generations with really gorgeous graphics for the DS? It doesn't get much better than that, imo.

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
The best DS game of this year. For me, it would have to be 999 (9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors). It's not surprising that not a single one of you mentioned it though.

1. this is a pokemon forum. of course most people would say HG/SS

2. 999 is rated M, which already knocks out most of the DS audience, and most of the people at this forum.

but, still 999 is QUITE addicting. I am hooked on that game. I seriously can't put it down!

I saw this in the store but didn't know enough about it to justify getting it. What makes it so addicting? I've heard it's gotten fairly decent critical acclaim so far.

ForeverFlame

There weren't very many memorable games this year, so I'm going with HGSS. :/

The 2011 3DS GOTY should be intriguing, however.

Which is better, Dragon Quest IX or Golden Sun Dark Dawn?
I'd say Golden Sun: Dark Dawn! I've never played Dragon Quest IX, though, to be honest. ^^;; But the game is fun so far, although I'm still towards the beginning...

Anyway, I voted for HeartGold/SoulSilver, since it was quite fun to play and have. I'm currently playing HeartGold and I currently finished SoulSilver. :)

I would've also voted for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, but it hasn't been out for a long time yet. But it's still interesting to see that the original Golden Sun series had continued with a sequel.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Now that I HAVE played (or am playing, as is the case) Dragon Quest IX, I can say with certainty that it is my favorite DS game of the year. : D

Thankfully, I held off on voting.

Last edited:

^.^

Banned
Eventhough I haven't played HG/SS yet, I still chose it since it seemed the best choice for ME out of the variety of the games for 2010

Armando Payne

I voted for AAI, 'cause let's face it, AA is the best gaming series. (No offence Pokemon fans.)

Shadow XD001

I vote for Dragon Quest: IX. It was just a great game overall, with an awesome plot, and it seems pretty long, which I kind of like because then you would be playing that game for awhile.

I like HeartGold, but it's pretty hard to train because the plot sucks (Platinum is the best, and I haven't played BW), so that was a major letdown, and it made your Pokemon really weak, so you would have to train extra hard to catch up to the E4's level (or even Clair's since the plot ends around the 7th Gym)

Skydra

The best DS game I played was The World Ends With You, but that was a 2008 release, I think. The best I played that was released this year was HGSS (give both mentioned games a 29/30).

Ivy the Kiwi and Sonic Colors were decent platformers, but definitely not as good as those previously mentioned.

woot21

super noob
TWEWY.

*waits for BCVM to come in just like last year and ask me if that joke has tired yet*
That jokes older than my obsession with Jr. Troopa. Get a new.

On-topic: I'd say Golden Sun hands down. Only thing that kept it from being nearly perfect was the points of no return. Now
we wait seven years for the sequel.
:(

woot21 out dawgz