• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2010 NCAA March Madness thread

5wamp3rt

So, with March Madness really starting tommorrow, I thought I'd make a thread about the NCAA tourney. This thread is meant to be for the men's, but if you follow it, I guess you can discuss the women's, too. Anything about them, like picks, teams that should have been in/out but weren't, but NO GAMBLING ALLOWED! That would probably be frowned upon majorly by the mods. So, anyway, I guess I'll start. I'm doing a complete bracket at the start, not round-by-round, for the first time ever. My main Cinderella is Siena to the Sweet 16, my Final Four is Kansas/Kansas State/Kentucky/Duke. My championship pick is Kansas over Kentucky. And finally, one question: Do you think that a 16 seed will ever beat a 1 seed? Enjoy!

woot21

super noob
So, with March Madness really starting tommorrow, I thought I'd make a thread about the NCAA tourney. This thread is meant to be for the men's, but if you follow it, I guess you can discuss the women's, too. Anything about them, like picks, teams that should have been in/out but weren't, but NO GAMBLING ALLOWED! That would probably be frowned upon majorly by the mods. So, anyway, I guess I'll start. I'm doing a complete bracket at the start, not round-by-round, for the first time ever. My main Cinderella is Siena to the Sweet 16, my Final Four is Kansas/Kansas State/Kentucky/Duke. My championship pick is Kansas over Kentucky. And finally, one question: Do you think that a 16 seed will ever beat a 1 seed? Enjoy!
I'm sorry but Duke is the most overrated team in the country, and I can see them not making the elite 8, or the Sweet Sixteen, depending on how the rest of their bracket goes.

woot21 out dawgs

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
My Final Four is Ohio State/Syracuse and WV/Nova. Then WV over Ohio State, No real cinderalla, I have Temple in the Elite 8 but they got shafted by getting a 5 seed. It always seems to be Duke who makes out because their side of the bracket is incredibly weak, especially compared to the Kansas side.

theforgottensoldier

divide and conquer!
The lowest seed I've got reaching the sweet sixteen is 10 seed Georgia Tech. My final four is 1 seed Kansas/3 seed Pittsburgh and 2 seed West Virginia/3 seed Baylor with Pittsburgh winning it all.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Just as long as Purdue kicks the crap out of Siena I could care less. I've never really been a Bracket kind of guy.

Anyway, the CollegeInsider.com Tournament is what I want to see. This may be a shameless plug, but that first round has the BIGGEST COMEBACK in Division I postseason history. I really wish I could've watched that game.

Vernikova

Champion
Last time I checked, I had BYU beating Florida, and Villa advancing. Notre dame, who I had going to the Final Four, got eliminated in the first round. Ouch. Anyway, I have Kansas and Kentucky losing in the Elite Eight (I can dream). In my Final Four are West Virginia, Ohio State, and Syracuse. And Notre Dame. I have Ohio St. and West Virginia in the Championship game with West Virginia winning it all this year. I also have Duke losing in the Elite Eight as well. It wasn't so chalk-y before Notre Dame lost though.

I'm sorry but Duke is the most overrated team in the country
This

The lowest seed I've got reaching the sweet sixteen is 10 seed Georgia Tech. My final four is 1 seed Kansas/3 seed Pittsburgh and 2 seed West Virginia/3 seed Baylor with Pittsburgh winning it all.
...Are you shitting me?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'm dissapointed that Texaslost out so early.

They seemed to fall apart after they became #1 in the polls through out the country.

eh.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm happy that Kansas lost but I had them going out in the Elite Eight. Really, I should stop picking teams since I'm ranked in the four millions right now.

theforgottensoldier

divide and conquer!
Well now that my brackets destroyed it's time to root for the underdogs. Go Cornell, Washington, and St. Mary's! Yeah, watch them all lose in the next round...

Vernikova

Champion
I'm honestly surprised that I still have a chance to have my tournament winner actually win because of all of these upsets. I really want Butler to win right now but I chose West Virginia so I'm going to have to stick with them at this point.