• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2010's Fashion

Ethan

Banned
We are no longer talking about the OP's band in this topic, which all of you managed to spam the hell out of.

I want Farah Fawcett hair to come back. ;_;

Profesco

gone gently

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I want those pants D:

I hope to see flannel die again.

-Mr. J

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
How about Mop Top Haircuts for me and my rock band? Our hair is going to be like the Beatles, except the mop tops are a little longer.

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
There's one more difference. We will try to be less popular than Jesus Christ by Fall 2016 and we hope not to be banned from touring for good.

SmartD

I think it won't change much, maybe a few accessories here and there.

ForeverFlame

I noticed that one of the major trends at my school is having jeans (mainly skinny jeans) that are a lighter shade than your top. Not pure white skinnies, but a light gray almost. Black, gray, and white are all major colors right now. Colored skinnies just look tacky now, and they're so 2008/2009.

Flannel shirts are definitely the in-thing right now. Doesn't matter which color.

Converse. Once again, it doesn't matter which color, but the more attention-grabbing the better.

Peacoats have made a fascinating comeback as well.

Basically, 2010s fashion is like 1990s, but reversed. Everything else is the same, but tight-fitting > baggy, and clean and sophisticated > gross and grungy.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Oh, jeans. I've seen plenty of lifetimes' worth of jeans. Too many jeans.

During a recent trip to the mall, my cousin and I were in Aeropostale, I think (I don't keep track of what all these posh name-brand store thingumajigs are called), and I saw: boot-cut jeans, wide boot-cut jeans, slim boot-cut jeans, original boot-cut jeans, and more types of boot-cut jeans. And that didn't even count all the trillions of shelves of jeans that didn't have "boot-cut" in their titles. :mad:

I know jeans are something rather trivial to feel strongly about, but this overwhelming surge of the denim disaster disturbs me. I am quite adamantly opposed to jeans.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I know jeans are something rather trivial to feel strongly about, but this overwhelming surge of the denim disaster disturbs me. I am quite adamantly opposed to jeans.

I honestly think it beats the cuss out of Cargo Pants; at least you can attempt to look classy with the right shirt and a pair of jeans. I just usually make sure my jeans are Relaxed Fit, so I have a little breathing room. Also, the whole lighter shade is bogus; I like a good pair of blue jeans just to keep it simple.

Interestingly enough, I would say flashy sneakers are another major fashion choice. It's shocking how many neon pair of sneakers I've seen, ranging from in-store to custom made pairs.

Given that I go to "J. Crew U", most of my peers are usually on the cutting end of fashion.

Tee_bird

Considering the Spring 2010 Fashion Week, the trends look to be...

- Colors appear to be white and pastels. (Hmm... like every spring?)
- More ripped jeans.
- Ruffles
- Drapey shirts and blazers.

Profesco

gone gently
I honestly think it beats the cuss out of Cargo Pants; at least you can attempt to look classy with the right shirt and a pair of jeans. I just usually make sure my jeans are Relaxed Fit, so I have a little breathing room. Also, the whole lighter shade is bogus; I like a good pair of blue jeans just to keep it simple.

Cargo pants are meant to just be cargo pants, though; no flash or overproduction. Having five different kinds of "boot-cut" jeans is just overkill, especially when all jeans are just jeans! I swear, one pair of jeans is completely identical to the next as far as I'm concerned. It's like that breakfast quote where every one of the umpteen items is some combination of spam and eggs - comically superfluous.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Cargo pants are meant to just be cargo pants, though; no flash or overproduction. Having five different kinds of "boot-cut" jeans is just overkill, especially when all jeans are just jeans! I swear, one pair of jeans is completely identical to the next as far as I'm concerned. It's like that breakfast quote where every one of the umpteen items is some combination of spam and eggs - comically superfluous.

Well, I would say there are 2 types of jeans: the less costly, nice pair of jeans (which people have categorized into multiple compartments of cargo jeans, relaxed jeans, original jeans for god knows what reason); and the overpriced, ripped pair of jeans that look ratty. If I want ripped jeans, I'll rip them myself!

Scratch that, I don't want to look like a bum. Seriously though they make different types to sell more.

Djevelsk

Fabled Sex God
For girls, it's pastel colours and western clothing, ooh, distressed western clothing :)

Unfortunately I have a girlfriend. So therefore I more or less know the latest issue of vogue back to front.