• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2011 DS/3DS Game of the Year

What is the DS/3DS game of 2011?

• Okamiden (DS)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kirby Mass Attack (DS)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pokemon Black/White (DS)

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Professor Layton and the Last Specter (DS)

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (3DS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)

• Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Other (specify)

• Total voters

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Hey guys, as always, I'm interested in your thoughts on GOTY. Pokemon bias aside, what is it and why? Could be your favourite or the one you think is "best".

It was a rather weak year for the dying DS so I included the 3DS titles. Try to not just pick the 3DS titles because the games have better hardware to work with.

Again, try to be as objective as possible on a Pokemon forum.

Last edited:

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
I'm a huge fan of Kirby, Pokémon and Mario games, but this year's applauses have been given to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

I've never played any Zelda game before, but I bought it because there weren't enough great games for the 3DS when it was released. It was wonderful, a great game with a marvelous story, great challenges, etc. My vote is for this wonderful remake.

abrar14

Statter Master
^ I agree. I've been a fan of the series for quite a bit but i wasn't born when ocarina of time came out so it was great to be able to play it

Torpoleon

Of the games on the list that I've played (BW, 3D Land, MK7, OoT 3D & Mass Attack), my pick goes to Super Mario 3D Land. Great 3D and I had fun playing as Mario & Luigi trying to get through all the levels. If I had to pick a favorite DS game though, it goes to BW. Awesome start to a new generation of Pokémon.

MK7 for me, the build up was fantastic and lived up to my expectations, 100% score. But pokemon bias put back in, definately B&W.

Last edited:

Romeo32

Ocarina of Time, I don't have a 3ds but from what I understand it's exactly the same as the original, which I loved

BlazingCold

Super Mario 3D Land. Talk about living up to hype! It's a wonderful game that works magically with the 3-D affect, and it's for both audiences as the younger players can play the normal world, while us, the more intense mario players can play the special world and that type of stuff. I have a feeling Ocarina of Time will win, though. I admire it much, but I don't have it, don't want it, and.. yeah. Starfox 64 is great too. My rankings:
1. Super Mario 3D Land
2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
3. Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Blazios

If you're including games that were released in 2010 in Japan, why no Ghost Trick? It was better than Okamiden, even if Okamiden was good.

Deserves to be on the poll more than SSFIV, at least.

Tbh I didn't like much of the handheld games this year. The only one that I really liked was Black, which may be my second favourite game of the year next to Skyward Sword.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well seeing how I don't Own Mario Kart7 at the moment but I do have other titles That I'm playing through Pokemon Black and White BARELY get my vote I mean looking at this list there are plenty of game that are indeed better than Black/White are but since I don't own half of them but have played a few my vote goes to Pokemon with Zelda and mario close to 2nd-3rd.

natie

Mr. F
Wasn't Okamiden released November last year? If not, that's DS GOTY.

3DS would go out to Cave Story 3D. Wonderful, wonderful game, made even better with the terrific 3D.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
It was a rather weak year for the dying DS so I included the 3DS titles. Try to not just pick the 3DS titles because the games have better hardware to work with.

You mean it was a weak year for the 3DS rather than the DS as there was some good game released for the DS.

And quite honestly its shameful that people are willing to vote for ports as game of the year.

That is because the 3DS doesn't really have a wide choice of game plus people are really stupid some time.

natie

Mr. F
You mean it was a weak year for the 3DS rather than the DS as there was some good game released for the DS.
There were more quality titles for the 3DS than there were for the DS.

Larry

I've only played 2 on that list but I voted for Black/White becuase they brought me back into Pokemon.