1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

2011 Fall Season

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by RLinksoul, Aug 23, 2011.

1. RLinksoul

RLinksoul Well-Known Member

It's that time again, the black grid of new anime titles.

So far the only thing I'm excited for is Ika Musume season 2. Higurashi Kira needs to work hard to regain my interest after that first episode.

This should totally be season 2's OP.

2. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Was last year's Shinryaku! Ika Musume any good? Also what's with Hunter X Hunter? I've heard of it, but never seen/read it. I'm guessing it's some sort of reboot?

That said, I'll definitely be checking out the next part of Bakuman, and maybe Persona 4 and Lupin III. I don't know how busy I'll be with school since I'm starting in a new college this fall so I'm trying to limit myself a little.

Do you know if the team that did this summer preview has/will have one for fall? I don't frequent their blog, but I found last season's preview very helpful and informative.

3. Wardek

Wardek U & I

Woah! Fall is nearing already?!

Anyways, I'm only looking forward into Fate/Zero and Persona 4 The Animation.
    For OVAs obviously Deadman Wonderland; and Higurashi Kira file.02 and file.03.

If any further information about Un-Go comes available, I might go for it.

Will be watching the retelling of Hunter X Hunter after I finish the Green Island arc or whatever it was called. A new B-Daman? I'll pass if It's 3D.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  4. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Gundam Age will probably be no good, but I just can't resist watching anything to do with Gundam so I will definitely be watching that.

It wasn't just good, it was pretty awesome, new episodes should be just as awesome.

Deadman Wonderland OVA should be pretty awesome as well.

5. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Fall shows Summer was terrible. Just look at all them anime.

-Bakuman Season 2
    -Persona 4
    -Fate/Zero
    -Squid Girl Season 2
    -Hunter X Hunter reboot
    -Future Diary
    -Lupin III
    -Shakugan no Shana Season 3
    -The World God Only Knows OVA
    -Ah! My Goddess OVA
    -Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA
    -sCRYed Movie

Suck it, Summer.

6. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

My God, what an amazing season.

Hunter x Hunter
    Guilty Crown
    Persona 4
    Bakuman S2
    Future Diary

And those are just my must-sees!

7. RLinksoul

RLinksoul Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Sir Jolteon up there. It wasn't emmy winning gold, but it was far greater than the concept makes it sound.

As for That-blog over there I'm not sure. That was the first one I've seen since I started observing their blog.

8. Whimsicott

Whimsicott Well-Known Member

Bakuman S2
    Shakugan no Shana S3
    Working!!
    Shinryaku? Ika Masume
    Guilty Crown
    Persona 4
    World God Only Knows OVA
    Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kira OVA

9. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

They're bringing back B-Daman? I use to love Battle B-Daman as a kid (and it had a surprisingly good dub) but I doubt I'll get hooked again so I'll pass (unless it's dubbed properly, put on television and my little brother watches it).

Hunter X Hunter is based off a manga of the same name from the creator of Yuyu Hakusho. Not into his works so I'll pass.

A new Gundam series? I still think I'll pass.

Squid Girl season 2? Dropped it since it had a similar formula to SGT. Frog but wasn't as funny (but it's still a good anime).

Bakuman season 2? Still haven't watched much of season 1 so unless I start it, I think I'll pass.

There's a new Lupin III series but I'm not a fan of that series so I'll pass.

Higurashi OVAs, not into it so I'll pass.

A Queen's Blade OVA for the fanboys to masturbate. I don't masturbate so I'll pass.

A the World God Only Knows OVA but I haven't caught up with that anime so, like Bakuman, I'll pass for now.

Gundam Unicorn movie? I heard great things about that series but again the only concept of Gundam that I've been into lately are the models so unless I pick it up, I'll pass.

Everything else doesn't spark my attention so I'll pass on those.

[IMG200]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090322083727/souleater/images/2/24/Cronakid.png[/IMG200]

Yeah...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  10. Crimsonlink

Crimsonlink Crimson Champion

Hmm a decent selection of anime, way better than the summer choices at least.

Gundam AGE - I loved Gundam 00 and I don't think Sunrise will disappoint with AGE. Especially if the visuals are as good as Gundam 00's was back in 2010s

HunterXHunter reboot - I need to catch up to the manga but I'll start on this as well.

Guilty Crown - I'm interested in this anime so I'll give it a chance.

Gundam Unicorn - I watched the first 3 and they were all awesome. So part 4 shouldn't disappoint.

Persona 4 - Very interested in it and should be a good show regardless whether or not its based on the game.

11. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

I swear Ah! My Goddess needs another season, I'm looking forward to Kira and TWOGK. Still not as good as spring 11 and Winter 10 but better than summer.

12. MuffinPaula

MuffinPaula 。Haru~Desu。

I actually look foward to fall.

- Guilty Crown
    - Fate/Zero
    - Shakugan No Shana
    - Persona 4 (maybe)

Actually I might watch others due to the cool looking pictures.

Also most of the summer anime 2011 sucks. Fall is gonna be a lot more better than this

13. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

I'm looking forward to a few:

Bakuman S2
    Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi S2
    Hunter x Hunter Reboot
    C^3
    and PErsona 4 Anime

14. Kikas123

Kikas123 What 'bout My Star?

I'm looking forward to the Infinite Stratos OAV. IS was silly and just plain fun to watch.
    The next season of Squid Girl is another thing I'll defiantly watch. I really enjoyed the style of the first season.
    Ben-To and Maji de Watashi ni Shinasai both look silly, so I may give them a shot.
    Pretty stoked about the Gundam Unicorn movie, not sure what to think about AGE though.

15. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

I almost never thought I'd see Hunter X Hunter again. I can't wait till they reanimate Hisoka vs Gon.
    I'll be watching a few things like Bakuman and Future Dairy.

16. Satoshi

Satoshi リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー

Hopefully Shakugan no Shana III won't be a complete letdown like II. That season had way too much filler and disregard for the story in the novels that it became laughable.

17. pancakeninja

pancakeninja Fanfic Obsessed

I want an Ultimo anime T-T

18. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

the recent Hidan no Aria leaves me feeling as though JC Staff thinks everyone wants nothing more than to see Rie Kugimiya's character act like a spoiled bitch... oh, and hey, what do you know? A Zero no Tsukaima 4 just got announced. -_-

19. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Indeed, though I do believe it's also because ZnT recently ended, so they might want to actually properly finish it.

Still find it incredibly odd that a series about familiars...seemed to forget all about them and only kept "two" around.

20. kuzronk

kuzronk 1 Reputation Comment

Some of these looks good

.B - Daman is comming back
    .Tekken Movie *if it based on the games*:)
    .I think i saw Battle Spirits cards in a cheap shop where you can get bandi cards for cheap
    One of the movies looks like a sailor moon rip off
    .Boys in girl schools look cool *not bothered to copy the name*
    and Maken-Ki seems like a mew mew power/tokyo mew mew copy