• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2011 music.

wait why does this thread not exist yet.

first off, a place to go to for some 2011 releases (metal only for the most part): http://www.metalstorm.net/events/new_releases.php?upcoming=1

so yeah basically just discuss 2011 music itt. make lists, discuss releases; whatever is on topic works. no bashing or whatever though; save that for the metalheads thread.

what i am personally looking forward to:
opeth - idk
meshuggah - idk
nemesea - idk
tool - idk
lunatica - idk
gojira - idk
stream of passion - idk
cynic - idk
nightwish - imaginarium
lacuna coil - idk
jesu - idk
dredg - chuckles and mr. squeezy
khuda - idk
leaves' eyes - meredead
krypteria - all beauty must die
a storm of light - as the valley of death becomes us, our silver memories fade
oomph! - idk
mastodon - idk
queens of the stone age - idk
foo fighters - idk
them crooked vultures - idk
nine inch nails - idk
amorphis - idk
moonspell - idk
delain - idk
merkabah - a lament for the lamb
dream theater - idk

what i have:
earth - angels of darkness, demons of light i
merkabah - lyonesse
acid witch - stoned
sirenia - the enigma of life
radiohead - the king of limbs
turmion kätilöt - perstechnique
within temptation - the unforgiving
tesseract - one
explosions in the sky - take care, take care, take care
van der graaf generator - a grounding in numbers
blackfield - welcome to my dna

top 5 releases:
1. radiohead - the king of limbs
2. merkabah - lyonesse
3. acid witch - stoned
4. tesseract - one
5. within temptation - the unforgiving

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i'm hoping A Perfect Circle and TOOL come up with new material, also looking forward to new Dream Theater album (and rush? is that coming this year?)

oh, and definitely primus :eek::eek:

don't really know what else, though, as porcupine tree is doubtful (but i guess i will check out blackfield's new release in march)

Last edited:
tool have an album scheduled for june according to metalstorm. not sure about apc, and am doubtful about porcupine tree (maybe a new ep? idk). i didn't know that dream theater have a new album coming out though. o:

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
So far all I have from this year is
Falkenbach - Tiurida
While Heaven Wept - The Arcane Unearthed

Though the WHW album is a compilation so probably shouldn't count.

Albums I have pre ordered are:
Blood Ceremony - Living With The Ancients
Fen - Epoch
Lupe Fiasco - Lasers
Turisas - Stand up and Fight

In the popst at the moment I have
Darkest Era - The Last Caress of Light
Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa

Albums I'm Looking forwards to that are confirmed
Alcest - Le Secret (re recording)
Battle Dagorath - Ancient Wraith
Burzum - Fallen
Lantlos - Agape
Lord Vicar - Sign's of Osiris
Orpheus - The Mind's Exotica
Primordial - Redemption at the Puritans hand
While Heaven Wept - Fear Of Infinity
40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room
Wintersun - Time (lol)

Bands I know are due an album/EP this year:
Alcest
Annwn
Astra
Cnoc An Tursa
Dark forest
Dream Theater
Forefather
Les Discrets
Old Corpse Road
Opeth
Tenhi
Ulver
Vàli
Wodensthrone

Albums I've just found through metal storm
Stormwarrior - Heathen Warrior
Rhapsody Of Fire - From Chaos To Eternity
Pentagram - Last Rites
Cruachan - Blood On The Black Robe
Freedom Call - TBA
Dragonforce - TBA
Cynic - TBA
Satyricon - TBA

i could have sworn Fallen leaked? w/e i don't like Burzum anyway

only heard Acid Witch - Stoned

looking forward to:
The Faceless
Amon Amarth
Deceased
Gorguts
Autopsy
Vektor
Morbid Angel
Meshuggah
Vader
Converge
Pig Destroyer
Wintersun
Cynic
Testament
Asphyx
Jesu
Eyehategod
Alestorm
Insomnium
Triptykon

yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Let's see...the only new albums I've listened to are James Blake's self-titled and Cage the Elephant's Thank You, Happy Birthday. I tried to listen to PJ Harvey's latest effort that was released on the 15th, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Oh, and Ride's Nowhere recently got a 20th anniversary reissue that's supposed to be pretty solid.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
The new Asva record is sounding amazing (based on the one song that they put out anyway). New Radiohead should be good too and doubtless Nadja and Jesu will each put out around fifteen albums and collabs by the end of the year.

New Opeth and Cynic would be nice as well.

As a fan of pop-rock/punk, there's a lot to forward to in 2011. I won't list all of the albums/EPs, but it seems like every day that I find out a band I like is going to be releasing something this year. It all starts on March 1st, when Go Radio will be releasing their first full-length. Then, seven days later, Mayday Parade releases an acoustic EP, and it just keeps going from there. Can't wait. :]

Because we have individual threads for different genres of music.
uh k?
New Radiohead should be good too
new radiohead was released yesterday, but apparently it's only half of it or something. so far it's kinda disappointing; it doesn't have that "omg this song is amazing" song that all other radiohead albums have. hopefully the second half (if it's not just a rumour) fixes that.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'm really looking forward to All Time Low's new album, Dirty Work. And Drive A's album The World in Shambles. I still don't have a release date for either, though :(

Because we have individual threads for different genres of music.

doesn't mean we shouldn't have one big thread for general 2011 music

besides, the only threads that have survived are metal and pop

i never cared for Radiohead aside from some of the catchy songs off The Bends when i'm not in the mood for something heavier, so i won't bother with this new one

new Autopsy and Vektor seem so far awayyyyyyyyyy

Grei

not the color
I'm really anticipating All Time Low's new album Dirty Work. It's supposed to be released post-March 2011... on some date.

Stupid Interscope, restructuring and causing Dirty Work to be pushed back.

Alas, I eagerly await it.

I'm also excited for Vices and Virtues by Panic! at the Disco. I hated Pretty. Odd., but I'm hoping that Vices and Virtues redeems P!atD.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
i know what you mean evan. it seems most of the good releases are from october to december this year. :/

Go on Pitchfork or another music review site regularly for about a week or so; there's bound to be something you find interesting that you hadn't even heard of before. New stuff comes out everyday and doesn't get noticed. But it's fine if you want to wait until the latter part of the year for some new music.

i wasn't implying that the good music is exclusively at the end of the year, just that most of the big releases that i'm looking forward to are. :U pitchfork is a good idea though so i may do that.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
tool have an album scheduled for june according to metalstorm. not sure about apc, and am doubtful about porcupine tree (maybe a new ep? idk). i didn't know that dream theater have a new album coming out though. o:

dream theater have been in the studio for about a month

also, just got mogwai's new album, it's great

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Go on Pitchfork or another music review site regularly for about a week or so; there's bound to be something you find interesting that you hadn't even heard of before. New stuff comes out everyday and doesn't get noticed. But it's fine if you want to wait until the latter part of the year for some new music.
I dont know why but Pitchfork seems to have something of a reputation of being a hipster site. But they do seem to review some decent stuff, so I don't really care.