• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 DS/3DS Game of the Year

2012 DS/3DS Game of the Year

• Resident Evil: Revelations

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tales of the Abyss

• Kid Icarus: Uprising

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Mario Tennis Open

• New Super Mario Bros. 2

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Pokémon Conquest

• Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

• Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

Torpoleon

It's been a big year for the 3DS and the DS even had a couple of good games, thanks to Pokémon. What was your favorite?

Of the ones I've played (Uprising, Mario Tennis Open, NSMB 2, Sticker Star & B2W2), I'd have to say B2W2. Really great sequels to BW, with tons of content.

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

Of the ones I've played (B2W2, Miracle Mask, Sticker Star, NSMB2), I can't decide between B2W2 and Miracle Mask. The former had tons of various content, including really cool new features like Join Avenue and PokeStar Studios, as well as more of a variety in Pokemon and no roaming legendaries for once, but the plot was three steps backwards from BW; the latter, on the other hand, had a great plot, funny dialogue, and fun puzzles (not to mention, you can get daily ones for free), but was pretty short, and the plot has a few plot holes you can spot in a second walkthrough, though it's not quite as bad as the previous titles.

I think I'll go with Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. and besides no one else is going to vote for it so

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Black and White 2. It's incredible with all the features.

Being a hardcore Pokemon fan, I'd say conquest comes 2nd.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Conquest. Easily one of the best games ever released on the DS, and probably better than just about any 3DS game out right now.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Because I'm not blinded by Pokemon fanboyism in regards to this.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Not a shock Pokemon is winning due to were on a site dedicated to it. KH 3D is fun but really could of been better.

Waittt how is Stick Star not even with one vote? THat game is fun

TheEliteEmpoleon

Those are all pretty good games, but I really think B/W 2 deserves it with all the content, features, and being a great sequel.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I think Super Mario 3D Land deserved its place on the list far more than New Super Mario Bros. 2, but there you go.

I suppose...... Black 2 and White 2. But this wasn't exactly a dynamite year for the handheld gaming market, to be totally honest.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Pokemon B/W2 for DS. The best pokemon games so far.

Kid Icarus Uprising for 3DS. That game is great and I wanted a new Kid Icarus game for a long time. It's still pretty fun to play now and then even though I've beaten it a few times.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

Flame Mistress

Clearly you don't, or else you wouldn't like it. It's got damn good music, and that's about it.

I have to agree with this, really. It's fun at the beginning, then it gets pretty boring later on. I don't have the willpower to carry on after two worlds.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I have to go with KH3D. Despite it being a bit short, they did have a good reason in the story for it, plus there were a couple scenes that almost made me cry. That sorta sets it in for me.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Kid Icarus: Uprising without a doubt. Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are nice, I'd say better than Black and White but not better than Kid Icarus. However I don't like that DS games get lumped in with 3DS games anyway, why not just have separate categories?