• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 DS/3DS Game of the Year

2012 DS/3DS Game of the Year

• Resident Evil: Revelations

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tales of the Abyss

• Kid Icarus: Uprising

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Mario Tennis Open

• New Super Mario Bros. 2

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • Pokémon Conquest

• Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

• Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

BCVM22

I did say a degree.

And is it at all possible that it might be deserving of the votes, or are we forced to discount the lead because of sample size and responder bias?

sceptile33

I think that B2W2 is completely eligible for this poll. People here vote for it because they legitimately think it is a great game, and worthy of GOTY. I mean, if this was 2006 in a Sonic forum, nobody would be voting Sonic '06 as GOTY because it is mostly regarded as a terrible game. And honestly, this is Nintendo discussion, so most of the people who hang around here probably play other games besides Pokemon, so there wouldn't be many people who voted B2W2 because it was the only game they played.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
But the fact that they think BW2 is great is part of the problem, really. It is a good game, but that means you're basically only polling people who've you know probably already like BW2.

You're literally asking Pokemon fans what the best game of the year is, and nobody else. It's downright silly to think that the many of them don't think that BW2 is GOTY material, so why even ask? Just don't include it, because it's a given answer.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
I just got my 3Ds like 8 days ago, and I love KI:U, and W2. Conquest ain't half bad, but can be boring after a while... unless you have friends at your own school who also plays Conquest. Ki:U is like my most favorite, IMO.

All the multiplayer, where you get to ravage the fields in a blitzing fire..... yeah, totally love KI:U :D

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The game I like best is Pokemon Black/White 2. It is more fun and has hours of possible playtime

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
I voted sticker star I love black/white 2 but its winning by way too much and Paper mario sticker star exceded my expectations.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Kid Icarus: Uprising is an awesome game. The awesome story mode and all the unloackables as well as the multiplayer, it EASILY gets my vote :D

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
I love kid Icarus. The multiplayer is awesome!!!! I will take on anyone in light vs. dark. If only I could find my game!!! =_=

725roy

ambivolent
The only reason KI doesnt get my vote is that I never did get used to the controls, that being said, KI has some amazing writing behind it, and such humor could only come from any game with Fawful. I digress, B2W2 got my vote for the fact that it got practically everything right. Gym Leader and Champion rematches? Check. A Puzzle battle side quest That DOESN'T suck? Check. Gat region ex? Check. It's got actually creativity (unlike certain Mario entries this year) and extensive content that was the most enjoyable for me.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'll be honest, the gameplay in KH:3D was good, but I find Uprising to be the better 3DS title.
As for a DS game, I'd say Pokemon B2/W2. Not because I'm a Pokemon fan, but because it did more than I honestly thought the DS was capable of.

Last edited:

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
KID ICARUS UPRISING.

Not only the best 3ds game I've ever played, but the best video game I've ever played, period. By a long shot.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Saying anything other then KI:U would be a disgrace. Such content in a game, a good acheivment system, a great weapon system, and a plot that hits all the right notes.

mjjfan10

Pokemon Trader
I liked BW2 the best, KI was fun, and KH3D was too.
But as a matter of Personal opinion...
BW2 was the best of the year in my opinion.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The only one of those I've played was BW2, so it wins by default. I think I might enjoy Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, but I haven't gotten the opportunity to play it, nor have I ever played a Professor Layton game before, so it's hard to say, really. I couldn't really care less for most of the rest of those games.