• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 International Challenge

Are you going to participate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellsterCartier

I think I'm going to sit this one out... but the door is open. I need to get a better handle at competitive gaming (which I know little about... but I'm learning). I'm going to redesign my main team, see what comments I get about it... and if I feel confident enough I'll give it a try.

TheFox

Expert EV'er
Quick question, what happens if someone disconnects in the middle of a battle? Does the other person get credited with a victory? I'd be really annoyed if it was like random matchup where players can just quit and avoid a loss.

in the autumn tourney it was meant to count as a loss but some people did it so often that their rank was increased also some nations i found DC'd more than others espcially eurozone countries

i shall participate since my prospects of getting to the UK VGC are low plus i've got a great team that seems to do well

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Anyone completely ready for the tourney yet? I'm about done, just need to finish breeding one Pokemon and then EV train it and another.

I think I'm ready. I'm going to rearrange the moveset for one of my pokemon, but after that I think it'll just be a matter of practicing and getting used to using the team.

Zachmac

Oh darnnit, I better get to work if I want to enter it...

Lets see, I have Bouffalant, Carrocosta and Serperior ready, so that's half of them, then I need to train Bronzong, Gyarados, and *insert bulky attacker here*.

Ugh, I even procrastinate when it comes to my video games. I had all of these pokemon before the tournament was announced.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I think I'm going to sit this one out... but the door is open. I need to get a better handle at competitive gaming (which I know little about... but I'm learning). I'm going to redesign my main team, see what comments I get about it... and if I feel confident enough I'll give it a try.
If you feel shaky about your team even after the podcast went through it, you could always post it in the RMT section and see what people say. :)

I think I'm ready. I'm going to rearrange the moveset for one of my pokemon, but after that I think it'll just be a matter of practicing and getting used to using the team.
Yup! Pretty much at that point right now. Finally! Hahaha :)

Oh darnnit, I better get to work if I want to enter it...

Lets see, I have Bouffalant, Carrocosta and Serperior ready, so that's half of them, then I need to train Bronzong, Gyarados, and #insert bulky attacker here#.

Ugh, I even procrastinate when it comes to my video games. I had all of these pokemon before the tournament was announced.
I knoooow. I took my sweet time with this too, so I'm really pressed for checking to see if I want to switch in/out any members of the team. XD

2 weeks everyone!

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Well, the Ferrothorn I switched the moves around on wasn't working out as well as I planned, too many Hitmontops are out there ready to take'em down. Switched him out for my old Scizor, who survives better and wipes out all the Lati@s everyone seems to be using. Still have one pokemon I'm on the fence about keeping on the team, but I'm pretty much ready to go.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Well, the Ferrothorn I switched the moves around on wasn't working out as well as I planned, too many Hitmontops are out there ready to take'em down. Switched him out for my old Scizor, who survives better and wipes out all the Lati@s everyone seems to be using. Still have one pokemon I'm on the fence about keeping on the team, but I'm pretty much ready to go.
Same reason I switched a Scizor onto my team. :)

I want to join but I can't. I only have my in-game team to use and 2 of my team is banned (Victini and Zekrom).
Sad day. :( I'm sorry to hear that.

Anyways, the event is drawing near! How are you all? Are you ready for this thing?

Personally, I had everything all ready. FINALLY finished breeding/EV Training/Level Grinding my Scizor, only to realize how useless my Grumpig has been. So now, I'm caught in between switching Pig out for my old Musharna, my old Druddigon, or breeding a Rhyhorn to become a Rhyperior and use him instead. And registration is tomorrow. :/

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

I'll be partcipating, my only issue is that fact that I won't be able to use legendaries - getting them in a good competitive state with natures and stuff is too hard.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I'll be partcipating, my only issue is that fact that I won't be able to use legendaries - getting them in a good competitive state with natures and stuff is too hard.

I don't use legendaries either, and I don't see it as an issue.

My team is completely ready now. After a good amount of practice matches on Random Matchup, and making the necessary moveset tweaks, I think I've really got a good team ready for action. For those of you who faced me in the Autumn Friendly, be warned that my team will be completely unlike the Trick Room team I used there. The only Pokemon I used there that I'm using here is Zweilous.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
You can use Legendaries that aren't the main ones though. Or, the trios are all useable, plus the Kamis and Latis. Do you use the other ones?

I thought it wasn't till the 14th/15th?
My bad. I got too excited. XD

I don't use legendaries either, and I don't see it as an issue.

My team is completely ready now. After a good amount of practice matches on Random Matchup, and making the necessary moveset tweaks, I think I've really got a good team ready for action. For those of you who faced me in the Autumn Friendly, be warned that my team will be completely unlike the Trick Room team I used there. The only Pokemon I used there that I'm using here is Zweilous.
Nice! Good luck then! I'm just about finished myself; just level grinding for a specific move on my Rhyperior and I'll be set. :)

Prison Mike

Muppet of a man
I think I'll enter if I can. I'll probably end up losing my first match, though, since I'm not a big competitive battler. I want a Kingdra on my team, but I can't ask for it on the GTS because I haven't seen one, and I can't find any on negotiations. I've been experimenting with random matchup and switching out pokemon/changing movesets. I'm gonna post in the RMT section before I actually compete, though.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I think I'll enter if I can. I'll probably end up losing my first match, though, since I'm not a big competitive battler. I want a Kingdra on my team, but I can't ask for it on the GTS because I haven't seen one, and I can't find any on negotiations. I've been experimenting with random matchup and switching out pokemon/changing movesets. I'm gonna post in the RMT section before I actually compete, though.

You can find Kingdras by fishing around Route 17, 18, and the P2 Laboratory. It might take a while though, I just looked it up, and it's like a 5% encounter ratio.

Casty

I'll be entering this of course. I had a blast with Autumn Friendly despite all the ragequitters, which, looking back, weren't that many at all. I already made a team, practiced a bit on randoms... I should be fine. :p My personal aim is to break my previous AF record (1759). Good luck to you all!

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Oh. You should try to catch some Horsea, and then just level it up. I'll happily help you trade to evolve it if you need. :)
Also, it's not by elimination. It's a culmination of your Lose-Win Ratio. :)

I'll be entering this of course. I had a blast with Autumn Friendly despite all the ragequitters, which, looking back, weren't that many at all. I already made a team, practiced a bit on randoms... I should be fine. :p My personal aim is to break my previous AF record (1759). Good luck to you all!
Same! My team is honestly just the newest version of my AF team. :)

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
Im so entering. I still need to train 2 pokemon to lv 100 and a few items, as Im trying to copy my PO team

Zachmac

Ugh, I still haven't trained my Bronzer. :/ I might not enter after all...Or maybe I could just use Beheeyem, but I think that'll suck. Maybe Musharna....? It's not EVed, but it's already a good level....

Prison Mike

Muppet of a man
I'm getting my team ready. I think I might win a battle or two with this one. How exactly do you enter, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.