• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 International Challenge

Are you going to participate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman_no2

NZ Trainer
Good Luck to Everybody. I am looking forward to my first Tournament too.
Ill probably be the only Entrant using Ampharos-Plus Manetric-Minus as my first pokemon out.
I get hammered by Earthquake - Levitate teams but if you dont see it coming (wish there was no preview screen) or dont have your earthquake pokemon out, It can be a little bit of a shock seeing my Thunderbolt OHKO your Pokemon. (Pun totally Intended).

danburite3

Just Poketransferred the last of my team this morning and registered my Battle Box. I'm running a Trick Room team with some slow, bulky sweepers. MUA HA HA.

EDIT: Just battled some kid using all unevolved Pokemon (Cyndaquil, Swinub etc). What was he thinking!?

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Tweaked my team as i said earlier, and it's won over 30 battles.(Lati@s never see it coming :D)
A LandDos combo works pretty well, try it out sometime.
Good luck to all tommorow.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
My Forretress and my Dusclops aren't doing well. My sweepers however are except for my Gyarados, not as well as the others... Oh well. Lesson learned, walls cannot use Rest well and you need mroe than one ghost wall if you're gonna do an explosion. And something better than a Forretress for Entry hazards.
HA! I BEAT A RAIN TEAM WITH MY SWEEPER HALF TR TEAM! I need to think more when I make teams instead of a whole bunch

lokistarwind

Let's Player
Just won first victory against someone called Black with some good pokes. I think he was noob cause my poke survived an icy wind by a large margin even though it should have been a 1hko from a weaville and his lucario did not use extreme speed when it should have. Also his thunderous used thunder wave when my poke was clearly going for the protect.

Arande

5-1 tonight, first match was o_O, rest went fairly well. Will probably battle all day, or until I run into a bad luck streak :p

And just throwing this out there to the above. Weavile's sp att is only 45, with icy winds BP bieng 55, ~42 when you include the 25% penalty from multi target moves. Just mentioning that, one game earlier someone used thunderbolt from their aggron o_O

danburite3

So many hacked Pokemon.

SOOOOO MANY HACKS. :'(

Also, you know what sucks? Landorus and Tornadus and the other one. THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE! And , when the other player's got a different language, I've got no hope of figuring out which is which. Pain in the ***.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
So many hacked Pokemon.

Also, you know what sucks? Landorus and Tornadus and the other one. THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE! And , when the other player's got a different language, I've got no hope of figuring out which is which. Pain in the ***.

Can't you just look at the Pokemon? o_O

Anyways, good luck guys! I'm at work for the next 6 hours and 40 minutes, so I can't really do anything. You're all soo lucky!

danburite3

Can't you just look at the Pokemon? o_O

Like I said, they look more or less identical. Landorus is easy enough, because it's brown like dirt, but the other two? Blue and green? Can't really guess from that.

Their names are easy enough to tell by, but try figuring that out when the other player's Japanese or Korean.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Total battles: 10
Rating: 1540
W/6 L/3 Disconnections: 1

I got in ten battles before I had to recharge my DS. I lost my first battle to a Eviolite Chansey who poisoned my team while I swept the rest of the their team, and then toxi-stalled me by spamming Softboiled, Substitute, and Protect, reminescent of a Clefable set I used to use in 3rd Gen for Colloseum double battles. My next battle my opponent disconnected as soon as it started. After that I got a few wins bringing my rating up to 1542, then got two losses in a row dropping it to 1510. Two more wins brought me back up to 1540. I'll try to get a few more battles in before I go to sleep. What types of teams have the rest of you seen so far? I've only ran into a couple of Sand and Rain teams, the rest have consisted of a seemingly random assortment of pokemon.

Edit: Oh, and if any of you run into a Jeremy from Washington, with a pokemon breeder avatar, the quote: "I have no trouble dealing with surprise", and a Murkrow in his team; that's me.

So many hacked Pokemon.

How can you tell? What hacks have you run into so far?

They're all color coded: Landorous=Brown, Thundurus=blue, Tornadus=green; it's not too hard. When in doubt, just kill'em with ice.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Like I said, they look more or less identical. Landorus is easy enough, because it's brown like dirt, but the other two? Blue and green? Can't really guess from that.

Their names are easy enough to tell by, but try figuring that out when the other player's Japanese or Korean.

Well, one's blue, one's green, the other's orange. But if you're not paying attention, then yeah. That can get confusing. I thought you were talking about all their Pokemon, not just the Kami. XD

And I'm pretty sure you can RNG, which isn't TECHNICALLY hacking (Nintendo allows RNG so it's legal), eggs, DW or not, so it's not too much of a stretch for the Politoeds. But if EVERYTHING is in a Luxury Ball, that's a pretty big sign.

lokistarwind

Let's Player
Well there is nothing wrong with rng pokemon and they are allowed. Use what you have.
So far 4 straight victories so far. Would play more but my battery is low and my net can be buggy at night sometimes.
I have not run into typical teams though. One match was close versus a rain team cause I made a bone head move to not use rock slide on a garydos and fall for the intimidate.
Also it is very funny for the opponent to not figure out I have perfect hp moves on some of my members.

Last edited:

Snowman_no2

NZ Trainer
Ive had 19 Battles today, got pretty lucky with my time zone so i was at it from the start.
My rating is 1530 so far, I lose some then win some. Pretty much as soon as i get over 1500 someone knocks me back down.
Ive been having trouble with Amoonguss and Spore.
Also run into alot of Metagross, Latios/Garchomp, Amoonguss, Hitmontop/Meinfoo, Abomasnow, and Chandelure.
Also Battled someone that was using a Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion Team.

Last edited:

King91

I'm all fired up!
I'm not doing well as i expected, getting tortured by asians lol. Every team i face seems to be full of legendaries.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Doing decent, pulling a straight up even 2 wins, 3 losses. Two losses because of first turn Para-hax on my Trick Room set-up. Fricking through the entire game off for me the second time. I got Para'd 3 turns in a row, which led to the KO of two of my Pokemon cos they couldn't take a Heracross' Close Combat with resistance.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Nice to see everyone playing

Well, 19-6 with a 1651 rating after playing yesterday, so everyone continue to have fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.