• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 International Challenge

Are you going to participate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Oh, you know. Shiny Dream World Politoeds with seemingly perfect IV's, the usual stuff.

Oh, you mean like my Politoed?
186f.gif
<- I assure you, she's not hacked.

Though those poke's you've seen in the luxury balls likely are. So far I haven't seen any myself in this tournament.

Got two more wins last night, or would have if the second battler hadn't disconnected as I was about to finish him off. Too bad too, my Murkrow, Caractacus, was doing an outstanding job in that battle. Particularly when using priority Quash to force Bullet Punch to go last, that's always fun. I don't think the rule on disconnections is having much effect, likely because not everyone reads through the rules and terms of the competition. What they need to do is flash a warning about disconnections across the screen everytime someone tries to search for a battle in the tournament. Something in bold letters that gets their attention like: Players who purposely disconnect from matches will be hunted like dogs and have their Pokemon Cart. destroyed. And make no mistake, we will find you!

Last edited:

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
It's started finally! Good luck guys, look out for a guy called "KAI" that's me I'll have an Infernape and Sceptile on my team :)

Let the battles commence!

MSK

Oh, you know. Shiny Dream World Politoeds with seemingly perfect IV's, the usual stuff.

(Oh, and a whole team of Pokemon- including starters- in Luxury Balls).

I have a flawless Shiny DrizzleToed in my team but it took me ages to RNG breed it so not a hack

MSK

Having mixed results so far.

On my White - Sandstorm Team is 3 wins, 7 losses (was hoping for better but have been really unlucky with 3 close battles)
On my Black - Rain team is 6 wins (1 RageQuit), 2 losses (this is my VGC team that got murdered so I have a point to prove)

Hoping to get as many games in as possible as I go away Sunday afternoon so won't be able to play any more.

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
My first battle was a win, so I'm happy with my progress so far! Let's see how the rest of this thing turns out.

Arande

3-1, then 2 DC"s on me. First one my opponent may have had an honest bad connection, since it took like 40 seconds to get past the "select your pokemon" message at the trainer cards. 2nd one was a Korean player that didn't like losing, despite his snarl/intimidate spam. Got one more win after putting me at 9-2, probably going to play more today, only day 2 of 5

lokistarwind

Let's Player
Did two more battles. The first one I lost because I got parahax when I was about to deliver the finishing blow with bullet punch on a mamoswine. The second I won just barely despite losing one of my pokes by critical hit. It was funny cause my poke died after winning by its life orb damage.
So far 5-1 not bad.

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
Done maybe 8 battle so far, with 2 disconnects (one was an actual error, the other was a ragequit), 2 or 3 losses due to crit hax and such, the rest wins. Kind of getting thrown off my game considering I'm fighting some unorthodox teams (fought someone who thought spamming Draco Meteor with a Haxorus was a good idea, won that one), but I haven't made any crazy misplays or anything yet.

Viv

Master Tactician
Anyone else having a hard time getting into a battle? Day 1, and I'm already worried about my internet connection. :/

Viv

Master Tactician
BTW, it's good to see some of you guys from Autumn Friendly/trading buddies. Best of luck to you guys! ^_^

MSK

Having mixed results so far.

On my White - Sandstorm Team is 3 wins, 7 losses (was hoping for better but have been really unlucky with 3 close battles)
On my Black - Rain team is 6 wins (1 RageQuit), 2 losses (this is my VGC team that got murdered so I have a point to prove)

Hoping to get as many games in as possible as I go away Sunday afternoon so won't be able to play any more.

Update - Played a few more now

White - 5 wins, 9 losses (still not great but at least I'm picking up a few wins)
Black - 8 wins (1 RQ), 4 losses.

Funnily enough keep losing on White to other Sandstorm teams :( Seeing as I RNG'd my whole team and EV trained I'm surprised that some people seem to be outspeeding, outdefending me. Can Illegal pokes get into the tournament? Or maybe I'm just rubbish lol

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Update - Played a few more now

White - 5 wins, 9 losses (still not great but at least I'm picking up a few wins)
Black - 8 wins (1 RQ), 4 losses.

Funnily enough keep losing on White to other Sandstorm teams :( Seeing as I RNG'd my whole team and EV trained I'm surprised that some people seem to be outspeeding, outdefending me. Can Illegal pokes get into the tournament? Or maybe I'm just rubbish lol

I think it's just harder to battle same weather teams. The biggest threat I've seen so far to my rain team, is other rain teams. My team doesn't have any Swift Swimmers, so when I come across a team that does, it takes some tricky manuevering to get around them. It's just easier to take on other weathers, once you change the weather to your favor it also usually royally screws over any of their strategies. Although I did see a Gyrados with no Choice Scarf/Tailwind/speed boost of any kind outspeed my Jolly full speed Terrakion (I still won), so it's likely a few hacks slipped in.

Last edited:

Snowman_no2

NZ Trainer
Really enjoying this tournament. (my 1st) But today started off quite bad, 3 battles 1 Loss 1 Ragequit and 1 unexpected DC from me after i won but before it registered... I worked hard for that win too.
Maybe ill try again later, might have some better luck.

BGP_

2 more wins, 1 a D/C so wont count, but sitting at 1548 now, so finally coming back from a rough start
Edit:another win, yet another D/C...

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
2 more wins, 1 a D/C so wont count, but sitting at 1548 now, so finally coming back from a rough start
Edit:another win, yet another D/C...

What team are you using to make people ragequit so much, lol? I've had a few so far, but it sounds you're getting them every other match.

Last edited:

BGP_

What team are you using to make people ragequit so much, lol?
Ironically enough, the team doesn't have much synergy with itself, it just ruins a lot of other strategies lol. I should upload the battle i just had, the guy needs to learn that some moves kinda hit all pokes!

lokistarwind

Let's Player
I was curious about that too. Also I tried to battle now but no opponents. Either everyone is fighting or no one at my point level is available.
I am at 1526

Status
Not open for further replies.