• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys. this is my first time participating in VCG. just to make thing clearer for this newbie. the rules did say a minimum of 10 battles so does it mean that there is no upper limit as to how many battles you can participate within the tournament period?

Lorenzo The Comic

Pokémon Maniac
So is my first time, too.

OT: Artemis
Trainer Sprite: Preschooler
Friend Code: 4256-1689-3703
Message: Default (I forgot to click "Use" on any of my messages)
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Protect
- Flare Blitz

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Latios @ Psychic Gem
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Bold
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Ice Beam

Magnezone @ Salac Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 242 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Staraptor @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature:
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Return
- U-Turn

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
hi guys. this is my first time participating in VCG. just to make thing clearer for this newbie. the rules did say a minimum of 10 battles so does it mean that there is no upper limit as to how many battles you can participate within the tournament period?

10 is only for the berry, but you can do any amount of battle that you wish, so no limit.
If you need anymore help feel free to ask. :)

KuzKan

Im glad so many people from the Autumn Friendly are here xD
I've already regitered, now it time to train my team xD

OT: KuzKan
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Friend Code: 0906 0885 3154
Team: Deciding...

Good luck guys!

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Im glad so many people from the Autumn Friendly are here xD
I've already regitered, now it time to train my team xD

OT: KuzKan
Friend Code: 0906 0885 3154
Team: Politoed; Kabutops; manectric; metagross; breloom; yanmega
Might change this team, idk if it will work or not :/

Good luck guys!

:O i remember you from the friendly,

I can't believe I have met more Marylanders than I thought.

I hope I get to at least battle one of you guys.
\

It happened in the friendly, maybe it might happen to someone again.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
I would like to try, but preparing competitive pokes takes so long and I don't really have time. I have a few, so I might just some together and enter but I've never played doubles competitively (not even in the subway or pwt), so it'll just be a pokemon that were prepared with singles in mind.

BGP_

Now that i have time to post this...

OT: Andrew
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Friend Code: 2323-4368-2348
Message: I never miss WINS. It's part of what I do every day.
Team: N/A

Me and my one friend are doing this, but we both hate teambuilding and basically have no idea what we're doing for now. Guess I gotta figure out something in 4 days huh?

Zachmac

OT: Zachmac
Friend Code: 3826 6350 3103
Team: ;130;;381;:563:;149;;473;
The last member has yet to be decided. To bad I don't have a good ditto to IV breed Bronzong, then I'd definitly be using that over Cofagrigus.

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Now that i have time to post this...

OT: Andrew
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Friend Code: 2323-4368-2348
Message: I never miss WINS. It's part of what I do every day.
Team: N/A

Me and my one friend are doing this, but we both hate teambuilding and basically have no idea what we're doing for now. Guess I gotta figure out something in 4 days huh?

If you need a good team idea try Hydreigon partnered with Meatgross, McDanger told me it does very well, and i tried it, it was a quick team but effective.

The other two members have yet to be decided. To bad I don't have a good ditto to IV breed Bronzong, then I'd definitly be using that over Cofagrigus.
I can provide you with a flawless japanese ditto for free if you want it.

Last edited:

BGP_

If you need a good team idea try Hydreigon partnered with Meatgross, McDanger told me it does very well, and i tried it, it was a quick team but effective.

I can provide you with a flawless japanese ditto for free if you want it.
i can try it, im figuring im more of a goodstuffs person because weather is too boring now and im pretty much straight up offense xD. Thanks for the suggestion!

KuzKan

i cant decide on my team >:
I gotta decide between a Rain team, a sand team, or a sand + tailwind.... i wanted the last one but i cant fit any watter or grass moves in there ><

EDIT: well i've decided i guess... i'm hopping that i'll achieve much with this team since it kinda experimental even with some pretty strong pokes but whatever, i kinda like it so if it doesnt work i'll mess with it after the tournament to improve it

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
i can try it, im figuring im more of a goodstuffs person because weather is too boring now and im pretty much straight up offense xD. Thanks for the suggestion!
You're Welcome!

i cant decide on my team >:
I gotta decide between a Rain team, a sand team, or a sand + tailwind.... i wanted the last one but i cant fit any watter or grass moves in there ><

EDIT: well i've decided i guess... i'm hopping that i'll achieve much with this team since it kinda experimental even with some pretty strong pokes but whatever, i kinda like it so if it doesnt work i'll mess with it after the tournament to improve it
Good luck, speaking of rain i hope i dont see too much rain this tourney, as i can't tell you how much rain i've battled this past month alone. >_<

KuzKan

Good luck, speaking of rain i hope i dont see too much rain this tourney, as i can't tell you how much rain i've battled this past month alone. >_<

Yeah i know the feeling, despite i only played doubles in the last friendly and anywhere else i've played agains a lot of rain too thats why i chose not use one xD i mean i've pondered about it bet meh droped off the idea xD

joej m

Club Double Trouble
rain is usually common because it is easy to use. but against very experienced players they serve no point.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
OT: Marbi Z
Friend Code: Check my sig!
Team: My White 2 Team! (check my sig!)
If you encounter me in this tournament be sure to PM or VM me! :D

BGP_

I think i'm probably going to do the hydreigon/metagross thing, as well as hitmontop since I used him in the last VGC-style tournament held on the GBU. Debating on thunderus-t and other pokes though :/

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I think i'm probably going to do the hydreigon/metagross thing, as well as hitmontop since I used him in the last VGC-style tournament held on the GBU. Debating on thunderus-t and other pokes though :/
You should really try to go in with a rouge team and not just some cheap done to death smogon team...

BGP_

You should really try to go in with a rouge team and not just some cheap done to death smogon team...
I haven't battled all that seriously in forever, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not trying to do much of a cheap team, because I never liked that when i played OU a lot anyways xD. I just need somewhere to start and then i'll be able to tweak from there hopefully, because quite frankly i don't wanna use thundurus all that much D:. Main reason I'm not using rain is because that has been done to death as most of us know xD

Status
Not open for further replies.