• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

You should really try to go in with a rouge team and not just some cheap done to death smogon team...
To be fair, people should really be allowed to use what they want, overdone or not. It's their decision alone, not anyone else's.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I haven't battled all that seriously in forever, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not trying to do much of a cheap team, because I never liked that when i played OU a lot anyways xD. I just need somewhere to start and then i'll be able to tweak from there hopefully, because quite frankly i don't wanna use thundurus all that much D:. Main reason I'm not using rain is because that has been done to death as most of us know xD
Well... Just experiment and see what works for you. That's what I do. :D

BGP_

Well... Just experiment and see what works for you. That's what I do. :D
I used to use hail in OU, but I don't feel entirely safe coming back into battling with a playstyle that's hard enough to use as is. Just gonna use a simple team and hope for the best xD Might try to do some testing and playing around tomorrow

KuzKan

I used to use hail in OU, but I don't feel entirely safe coming back into battling with a playstyle that's hard enough to use as is. Just gonna use a simple team and hope for the best xD Might try to do some testing and playing around tomorrow

If you want we could play a match or so xD
i havent played in doubles since the last friendly so some team testing and practice would be awesome ^^

BGP_

If you want we could play a match or so xD
i havent played in doubles since the last friendly so some team testing and practice would be awesome ^^
I could probably use some practice rounds when i get the team ready, kinda just breezing through the pokedex for ideas now

KuzKan

I could probably use some practice rounds when i get the team ready, kinda just breezing through the pokedex for ideas now

I cant give any advice or even ideas about that since im not good at team building either :/ maybe watch some videos on youtube of VGC matches ant take some ideas from there maybe.
either way if you wanna playtest and all that just pm me x)
ill be here all week

BGP_

I cant give any advice or even ideas about that since im not good at team building either :/ maybe watch some videos on youtube of VGC matches ant take some ideas from there maybe.
either way if you wanna playtest and all that just pm me x)
ill be here all week
alright, maybe tomorrow. The best way i've learned is from failing so that's a good way to work on it i guess :p

Markasdarkas

Shiny Hunter!
OT- Jamie
Male
Sprite- Pokemon Breeder
Friend Code- 1206 4142 8539
Location- Indianapolis, Indiana
Message- That was fun! I hope we can battle again soon!
Team- Check trainer card in sig

This will be my first tourny so very excited! Good luck to you all!

Melkiah

Luxray Lover
This is my first time competing. I'm kind of an older fellow (25yo). I just got back into pokemon ^-^. I'm gonna do a sand team and than some random **** to throw people off.

All signed up and ready to go

OT: Melky
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Friend Code: 2108-6550-5795
Team:
Tyranitar/Excadrill
Luxray/Arcanine
Gengar/Forretress.

Last edited:

KuzKan

This is my first time competing. I'm kind of an older fellow (25yo). I just got back into pokemon ^-^. I'm gonna do a sand team and than some random **** to throw people off.

All signed up and ready to go

OT: Melky
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Friend Code: 2108-6550-5795
Team:
Tyranitar/Excadrill
Luxray/Arcanine
Gengar/Forretress.

thats quite a tricky team to handle since we cant deduce your moves very well , nicely done x)
Good luck in the tournament ^^

Chingchar

I've fought in the Birmingham VGC before so I'm not new to the VGC ;)

OT: Ching
Trainer Sprite: Pkmn breeder
Friend Code: 1593-3069-5095
Team:
Thundurus-I/ Heatran
Abomasnow/ Terrakion
Garchomp/ Ludicolo

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Finally got all the registrations up, and contacted the people who didn't post one to try and get their info. Thanks for the posts guys!

I'm currently breeding my last member. I decided on sticking with a more familiar team, and just adding this last member. Hopefully it all turns alright; the team handled well before.

GC7

This War Is Ours!
I decided what Team I'll be using,
Kangaskhan, Butterfree,Mamoswine,Latios,Rotom-W and Chandelure

Zachmac

That's certainly an... Odd team but I bet you'll do well! Good Luck everyone!
I'll bet you Butterfree is for compound eyes sleep powder.

Kind of gimmicky, because Butterfree's stats, typing, and moves suck, but in a battle with no sleep clause, it's also very dangerous.

KuzKan

I decided what Team I'll be using,
Kangaskhan, Butterfree,Mamoswine,Latios,Rotom-W and Chandelure

i didnt expect seeing you here o-o
i just hope your eeveelution team isnt as badass as that one xD
i wish you the best of luck ^^

OT: Brian
Trainer Sprite: Ace trainer
Friend Code: 2967 6468 9106
Team: Arcanine, Scizor, Espeon, Golurk, Hydregon, Blastoise

GC7

This War Is Ours!
That's certainly an... Odd team but I bet you'll do well! Good Luck everyone!
Yes a bit odd but fortunately it has worked pretty good, good luck to you as well!

I'll bet you Butterfree is for compound eyes sleep powder.

Kind of gimmicky, because Butterfree's stats, typing, and moves suck, but in a battle with no sleep clause, it's also very dangerous.
Yes butterfree is pretty dangerous with out sleep clause especially with resisting 4x fighting moves and not getting hit by earthquake

i didnt expect seeing you here o-o
i just hope your eeveelution team isnt as badass as that one xD
i wish you the best of luck ^^

haha hey there, Ah well Unlike this team the eevolution teams are usually very predictable due to only being 8 pokes and not having much problem with memorizing their abilities or move pools :p
Good luck to you as well and hope we can have our battle later on tonight :)

KuzKan

haha hey there, Ah well Unlike this team the eevolution teams are usually very predictable due to only being 8 pokes and not having much problem with memorizing their abilities or move pools :p
Good luck to you as well and hope we can have our battle later on tonight :)

Thank you ^^
yeah i hope too, feel free to drop a pm whenever you're free x)

Status
Not open for further replies.