• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGP_

I messed around on the free random matchup last night, and I was having issues with cress, top, and a little bit with trick room (because 90% of people don't use 1 of those 3 in some way...). Other than that seems like the team is doing alright...might have to change my random last slot to help me against those

KuzKan

I messed around on the free random matchup last night, and I was having issues with cress, top, and a little bit with trick room (because 90% of people don't use 1 of those 3 in some way...). Other than that seems like the team is doing alright...might have to change my random last slot to help me against those

One thing i like to counter trick room is a chandelure with imprison, i used one in the last friendly and it was pretty good

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
OT: Bobyjoe
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Friend Code: 0047 0978 3613
Team: Politoed, Scizor, Landorus, Lucario, Vaporeon, Dragonite

Last edited:

lostsoldier

OT: (CRYSTAL)
Trainer Sprite: (Scientist)
Friend Code: (2838 8400 6190)
Team: (suicune, jolteon, togekiss, metagross samurott, arcanine)

First time im a comp like this, should be very interesting lets see how i do :p good luck to everyone

Chingchar

Just been testing my team this is what happened:
Thundurus used taunt!
Reuniclus can't use trick room after the taunt!
>:3 mwhahaha!

Ribemba

Garchomp Trainer
OT: Ribemba
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Friend Code: 3225 3463 3847
Team: Garchomp, Thundurus, Tornadus, Zapdos, Tyranitar, Scizor

zozo

SLIMED!
Okay, I think I've got my team finalized, and I'm just putting the finishing touches on some EV training.
My team consists of Dusknoir, Slowking, Lickilicky, Gastrodon, Gliscor, and Sableye.

Don't know how much time I'll have to practice, so it will be interesting to see how this combo does!

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
4 hours to the beggining of the tournament and i dont have my team ready yet...
nice one kuzkan xD
4 hours? THANK GOD
i haent finished my ev training yet..for most of them,lol

BGP_

with only a few hours left, i guess my team is final
Team: Hydreigon, Metagross, Mamoswine, Hitmontop, Rotom-W, Crobat

unless there's suggestions or I have a panic attack, that's probably what's getting locked in at 7:00

GC7

This War Is Ours!
LOL I thought that the tourney would start when the 14th start on Australia or one of those places who are way ahead of the US time xD
Ive been trying to battle for a while now with the game telling me battle competition isn't going on at the moment lol :p

KuzKan

LOL I thought that the tourney would start when the 14th start on Australia or one of those places who are way ahead of the US time xD
Ive been trying to battle for a while now with the game telling me battle competition isn't going on at the moment lol :p

Yeah it only starts at 00.00 UST xD

BGP_

trying to get battles on random matchup just for a few rounds of practice and barely getting anything D:
Anyways, i guess good luck in advance people! Might post where I'm at later tonight if it's not too embarrassing. Not that I'll be home this weekend anyways but still...

zozo

SLIMED!
Bleh, it's times like these that I wish I didn't have to work. x)
Still working on EVing that last 'mon before I can trade them over to my White 2 cartridge. I doubt I'll be ready for when the tournament starts, but I should be ready for tonight. Good luck and have fun everyone! Hope to match up against some of you! n_n

Melkiah

Luxray Lover
So ready to rock. Finished EV training my team and had to BP another Air Balloon (somehow I traded my other away) lmao.

I think I'm going to open with forretress gengar, substitute, painsplit/shadowball etc and drop spikes with foretress. Volt switch with luxray and foretress as needed.

Tyranitar and Excadrill are kind of a bait for team preview. I probably won't use them very much. Arcanine will be a good revenge killer with extreme speed when lux or foretress gets wiped.

I can only hope for the best, using luxray and arcanine of all pokes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, we start in 20 minutes :D

Last edited:

KuzKan

you are right Melkiah it will start in 20 minutes.
IDK if its a good choice using an attack slot for spikes since there isnt many switches but if it works for you then go ahead x)

Good luck everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.