• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkiah

Luxray Lover
What do you mean? Please help me! This is my first time trying to compete and I know it's hard ;_;

KuzKan

What do you mean? Please help me! This is my first time trying to compete and I know it's hard ;_;

I think you should take your team off the battle box for now,
In VGC there arent many switch outs, so attacks like those wont have effect at all pratically :/ maybe you should give it a thaught about your team a bit more before you register a team s:

if you enter late half an hour or so it wont do you any harm and you can register a improved team. but its my opinion :/ you can go with that one if you have fun with it ^^
but yeah... those kind of attacks dont have much use in VGC, maybe other support attacks or an damage dealing one would be better :/

Melkiah

Luxray Lover
Well I was going to use him to rapid spin threats away and lay spikes and be an all around wall.

This year will be a learning experience for me overall. I'm going to see what people are using and what kind of strategies are employed at the competitive level, that way I can be prepared for next year.

Yes, I want to use my favorite pokes, yes I know that's not going to get me very far.

But I figured if I could at least make my mark with a scarfed luxray, I'd be happy. I really wish Nin gave him more speed.

Melkiah

Luxray Lover
It's nice to see other luxray users.
I love starmie, such a beast that spinning star. Good luck in the tournament!

KuzKan

Well I was going to use him to rapid spin threats away and lay spikes and be an all around wall.

i think you still could use him but not for that reason, VGC has a pretty fast pace, it is pretty hard to keep some pokies alive since most of them will be targered by the 2 oponent pokemons. and because of that almost anyone uses hazards, maybe use them to break a multiscale (tealth rocks scenario) would be cool but since there are only 2 switch ins in almost every match they dont dont do much :/

Melkiah

Luxray Lover
I'm gonna hafta join your double trouble club ^^

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Well... Looks Like the tournament is about to begin!!! Good Luck everyone! :D

Ribemba

Garchomp Trainer
it just started!!!

GC7

This War Is Ours!
Good luck to everyone!!
Great so I started with the right foot a 4-0 win nice :)

KuzKan

Oh god --'
i just froze staring at my card in the competition... im kinda of afraid i wont do better than the past friendly O_O

Nicely done BestGamePearl ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.