1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Wii/Wii U Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Torpoleon, Dec 28, 2012.

?

2012 Wii/Wii U Game of the Year

1. Nintendo Land

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. New Super Mario Bros. U

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. ZombiU

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  5. The Last Story

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Mario Party 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

With the launch of the Wii U, many great games came out for it. The Wii also had some good games come out as well. What's your favorite?

Of the ones I've played (Nintendo Land, Mario Party 9 & PokéPark 2), my vote goes to Nintendo Land. It's such a fun and addicting game.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Xenoblade Chronicles, definitely.

It's been loved by pretty much everyone ever, and what it represents for the JRPG genre is far greater than, say, what NSMBU represents for platformers. It really is the Wii's last great hurrah, and given the tepid reception to the Wii U titles out there, I'd recommend it for anyone with either system.

3. sceptile33

sceptile33 Well-Known Member

It's easily Xenoblade. Anyone who didn't vote for it clearly didn't play the game.

4. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

What about those of us who refused to play it out of spite for those spoiled little kids behind Project Rainfall?

5. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

why

is that relevant at all to anyone besides you, and your misguided belief that games that are good enough to warrant a massive fan operation to localize are not worth playing

6. Aura Of Twilight

Aura Of Twilight Forever Clueless

Due to the fact I haven't played Xenoblade, I'm going to have to go with the Last Story. Awesome plot, funny characters, beautiful music, and terrifying enemies. That game had it all. :D

7. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Those people are idiots then and missed out on the best game of the year.

8. Shneak

Shneak totem lurantis is the hardest boss

Xenoblade, easily, though it technically came out last year. However, most of us got it this year, and you're sincerely missing out on something good if you haven't played it. It's practically the Wii's Swan Song, besides The Last Story.

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

PokePark 2 is the best. I played Mario Party 9 but Pokepark2 was more exciting for me

10. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

You mean of 2 years ago?

Voted with haste! Can't decide as there wasn't much that was great that was released on Nintendo's home consoles during the year 2012. Meh, might as well stick with my hasty vote of Xenoblade but I don't think it deserves the spot since it was released a while back in Japan.

11. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

None of these games scream "Game of the Year" to me. Except maybe Xenoblade Chronicles or Zombi U or something, but I don't care about those games enough to want to play them.

12. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Nope, this year.

Only America matters.

13. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Whoever voted Nintendo Land has obviously never played Xenoblade.

14. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Xenoblade got my vote.

And I think anyone who didn't vote for it probably just hasn't played it yet.

15. Josef Stylin

Josef Stylin I want to die

Definitely Xenoblade.

I feel bad for the people who are voting for Nintendo Land because they are obviously missing out on such a great game.

e: lmao, just noticed this is the third post in a row to say this

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  16. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Damn, you've rumbled me.

I did contemplate buying the game at launch, but decided against it. Is it really that good?

17. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

18. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

It's easily the best RPG on the Wii, and one of the best RPGs this generation.

19. sceptile33

sceptile33 Well-Known Member

Your fault. If you're going to complain about no good games, you should at least attempt to play the good games that are available, especially Xenoblade.

20. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Well excuse me for not liking those genres. I mainly play platformers, and there sure as hell haven't been very many good platformers this year.