• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 advent calander disscusion

What pokemon would you give santa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mewtwo78

pokemon master
hello folks its that time of year again for the annual advent calander use this thread to get help on the crossword puzzles or to discuss any errors , or anything else about the advent calander people have find this thread very helpful in past years so I hope its just as successful this year as well, as usual I will post the solutions to all the crossword puzzles on this post so have fun folks:)

Solutions
PvfjuFK.jpg
VQnaMxs.jpg
YsWj5it.jpg
905Bsz7.jpg
wIKAozR.jpg
ouLfeAg.jpg
KpNSe4c.jpg
RXimnm0.jpg

Last edited:

HostileKangaroo

Pokemon Coordinator
In the first crossword puzzle, I believe the answer to "Found in the Lake of Rage" could also be [spoil]REDFLUTE (found there in HGSS)[/spoil] but it is not accepted as correct.

Stymie

powered by insanity
Man, that first crossword was tough, I spent an hour on it and still got three wrong. Thanks to those who organise the advent calendar, it is quite enjoyable, and something that has unfortunately escaped me in prior years. :)

Illusione-Tempus

Wow, it took me three days to actually realize the advent calendar's up already xD

This year I'm finally getting beautiful Kalos wallpapers. Been following since 2008. Can't believe it's been 5 years xD

I had to look at the solution to get 2 numbers right. Tomorrow, I shall try to solve with my ability. xD

flygon459

Hey, I have a bit of a complaint about the answer keys. Mainly, I had to create a forum account to even see the answer key. I mean, it's a quick and painless process, but that could be problematic for people who don't want to create a forum account just to solve the crosswords.
However, I also want to thank you for giving the answer keys too, as they greatly helped last year. Keep up the good work, man.

Illusione-Tempus

Hi peeps, just dropping off today's crossword solution~

Cab9uJV.png

Makes me miss the days when I had to solve it using paint. But Serebii stop doing that 3 years ago, when he starts to make interactive ones. xD

By the way, I used to be the one posting answer keys back when it wasn't interactible. :3

EDIT Dec 7, 2013:

Apparently no one's posting, and since it'll break the rules if I double post, here's the third crossword's solution:

B2Ydde9.png

By the way, mewtwo78, feel free to put the solutions in the first post as well. It will really help the others in case if they're looking for them. :3

Last edited:

mewtwo78

pokemon master
sorry I didn't update the solutions post this weekend with the solution to 3 ,I was out of town away from my computer so yea ,anyways I will be posting the solutions again on tues with xword 4 :) I will be posting them via the format I used last year rather then the way I attempted this year since people were compliang about needing to log in to view the post which I didn't want, I will also go ahead and post my solutions even if a solution exists on the forums ,instead of me directing people to that post ,as this was a suggestion by someone so look forward to these updates with crossword 4:)

mewtwo78

pokemon master
changed the format on the orginal post with all the solutions to last years format, meaning you no longer need to log in to view the solutions:)

Illusione-Tempus

In that case, I'll just put in the early solution before you update your posts :3

M3BN1Dw.png

Damn, it took me looking through the whole Kalos Dex to actually kind out that Gorebyss is catchable in Y. Makes me wonder why I have two Deep Sea Scales. :/

Haha, now I remember why I was the one posting solutions. Because... well... no one does it at the computer like me. xD

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
In that case, I'll just put in the early solution before you update your posts :3

M3BN1Dw.png

Damn, it took me looking through the whole Kalos Dex to actually kind out that Gorebyss is catchable in Y. Makes me wonder why I have two Deep Sea Scales. :/

Haha, now I remember why I was the one posting solutions. Because... well... no one does it at the computer like me. xD

I knew that clue would stump a few people. It's one of my more evil clues

mewtwo78

pokemon master
@tempus: 5:00am... of course I wouldn't have updated em yet, as the sun isn't even up i wouldn't have even started the xword yet and i also do them at the computer as well :)
@serebii: whatever happened to the new puzzle types for this years advent calander? on December 13 of last year you said "I'm going to be looking for new puzzle types for next year. I for one have grown weary of rotating the three...I'd rather rotate 5 four times (2 crosswords in each rotation of six). I'll get hunting!" I guess you couldn't find any new types.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
@tempus: 5:00am... of course I wouldn't have updated em yet, as the sun isn't even up i wouldn't have even started the xword yet and i also do them at the computer as well :)
@serebii: whatever happened to the new puzzle types for this years advent calander? on December 13 of last year you said "I'm going to be looking for new puzzle types for next year. I for one have grown weary of rotating the three...I'd rather rotate 5 four times (2 crosswords in each rotation of six). I'll get hunting!" I guess you couldn't find any new types.

X & Y got in the way

Illusione-Tempus

I knew that clue would stump a few people. It's one of my more evil clues

Yeah, real evil, I should've expected that.

Athough nothing will beat that wordfit puzzle back at 2009. Pure evil. <_<

Speaking of which, I want to finally complete that thing, but I lost the list of words to put in. Do you still happen to have it on you, Serebii? ;w;

Haha, blame the 12-hour timezone difference P:

Oh right, I kinda expected something new since I'm tired as well with the same old three. xD

Spinner

Pokemon Breeder
I just wanted to let people know I am doing all the puzzles and love them as much as ever, but the google search engine has (so far) gotten advanced enough I have had no need for the forums or solutions. Especially useful on things like 'weighs 419.5 lbs'. Happy Holidays to all, and Thank you!

mewtwo78

pokemon master
its still here just in case people need it ;0 as there have been times on these crosswords where Google has not helped

Illusione-Tempus

I just wanted to let people know I am doing all the puzzles and love them as much as ever, but the google search engine has (so far) gotten advanced enough I have had no need for the forums or solutions. Especially useful on things like 'weighs 419.5 lbs'. Happy Holidays to all, and Thank you!

its still here just in case people need it ;0 as there have been times on these crosswords where Google has not helped

Funny, I've been relying on SPP and Bulbapedia to answer the crossword questions instead of Google. P:

Will edit with solution as soon as I finished answering it.

EDIT:
5hf9AL8.png

Maractus' location was tricky. It might be because I never paid any attention to the spin offs other than Conquest since I didn't have anything other than a DSL at the time they were released. xD

Last edited:

mewtwo78

pokemon master
i always check the serebii site first for the answers and if the answers cant be found because they are too vaguely wordly then i google search which helps me however sometimes the questions are very vague that neither the serebii site nor google can help which is where these solutions on this thread come to play:)

I think the 13th's wallpaper is sideways,because that art is in the guidebook and the moon is at the top.