• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Competitive Forum Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus™

Banned
- Make the rmt section work like the competitive discussion sub-forum, where threads need to be approved by mods. yeah, it'll make the mods jobs a little harder, but it would definitely clean up the rmt section. and it might put the mods more in touch with the common folk by having to pm reasons why there thread didnt get approved. i.e. BH just sending a link of the rules to a poor noob xD

- I like duranteater's your boss's idea. we could even do a VGC section, as i know im tired of seeing a new rmt to rate only to find its for double battles.

- I ran out of ideas. Serebii tiering? Serebii tier council?

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
The tutoring program was dumb because people would sign up to be tutored and then never actually respond the their tutors or just never come online.

DL for cert

Trace★

Banned
A tier council would be a bad idea, that would put serebii in direct competition with smogon and make us look like fools

Also, as an alternative to tutoring, maybe there could be a battling class thing? Basically the best trainers here would hold a class on PO or some medium [maybe a clan xat] and basically hold a seminar, it seems like a nice way to learn and isn't as exasperating as tutoring.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
As things have slowed down here, I am going to be bringing up new stuff for the competitive section.

First thing I want to bring up is how many of you are interested in the VGC meta-game? If I receive enough feedback I can possibly look at supporting that meta-game a bit more (which could result in a new sub-forum for it, more tournaments and challenges etc).

Shreyas

As things have slowed down here, I am going to be bringing up new stuff for the competitive section.

First thing I want to bring up is how many of you are interested in the VGC meta-game? If I receive enough feedback I can possibly look at supporting that meta-game a bit more (which could result in a new sub-forum for it, more tournaments and challenges etc).

Not quite sure why the VGCs community on this site didn't respond to this sooner.

Anywho, I personally am very interested in the VGC metagame. I pretty much don't play OU anymore because of it. If you are still thinking about this, I can try to get this out to others who play VGCs to get their input as well.

jstinftw!

hey trainer

THIS!!!!!!!

I am so down for this! We have a decent flow of VGC/Double Battlers here on Serebii, and giving VGC its own forum would be really great, both for us already playing in VGC as well as for those who don't really know what it is and might want to learn more about it. It would serve as a way to both give us our own outlet, as well as serve as advertisement for the metagame as a whole!

I honestly don't even competitively battle in a metagame other than VGC. I've been wanting a VGC Subforum since 2011; this is great news! I hope it pulls through! :D

zozo

SLIMED!
I'd love to see a VGC forum added here! Generally when I battle, it's in the VGC format. That's how I learned to battle and it's been the style I'm most comfortable with ever since. It'd be great to have a forum dedicated to it on Serebii!

*Kyurem*

I'm a little surprised that a VGC subforum wasn't already on this site yet, but I support one! I almost only battle VGC in the metagame so I'm glad they're considering the idea!

philzone

Ready for trumpets
VGC fan myself here... Would love a sub-forum specifically for VGC, since many people don't know what it is. Got back into Ubers, but VGC is way more fun than singles. The strategies, the team work, the unexpected. So much can be great in doubles, since unloved pokes can have a new lease of life (Vanilluxe is great in VGC!).

So yeah, a VGC sub forum would be great =]

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So this is getting some more support then? Well count me in. I'm not too competitive now, but I'd say that the vast differences from standard singles and VGC rules are enough to warrant a new sub-forum. Especially when VGC rules are an official set of rules used in tournaments, Wi-Fi and VGC itself.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!

Get on it! Maybe if we get more people informed on the VGC meta, we can actually get some decent rates on VGC RMT's instead of having them ignored or, worse, commented on by clueless people saying the team sucks and asking why there's no Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin support.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I'd love to see a VGC subforum. It could even bring some new interest to the metagame.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Get on it! Maybe if we get more people informed on the VGC meta, we can actually get some decent rates on VGC RMT's instead of having them ignored or, worse, commented on by clueless people saying the team sucks and asking why there's no Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin support.

This is very important hahah. If VGC got its own subforum, the quality of rates would probably go up, since the Single Battlers would finally realize that it's actually for a metagame other than Singles. xD I had like 4 Single Battlers rate my VGC team and they called me a horrible team builder and that I should go back to the drawing board. But they didn't even have anything to say about the Doubles metagame, just that it wasn't Singles worthy and that I didn't know what i was doing. :p

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Totally for the VGC subforum idea. sounds interesting, and im curious to see how it'll carried out.

Shreyas

To be fair the RMT problem is actually universal, not only VGCs. I've not really seen too many quality rates for a while now (even for singles). It would be nice to have a little bit more activity in the RMT section in general. But, I feel the problem comes with the team themselves. Personally, I tend to avoid even reading the thread if the descriptions are lacking or if it's purely text. Pictures tend to make it easier to understand and read, as well as rate.

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
I <3 this idea~! :D I've been a VGC battler since my first VGC in 2011 :) I've been waiting for this moment and i've been really excited for 6th gen VGC and how things spice up~* :D I am in favor of this idea fully~* :)

Status
Not open for further replies.