• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Fanfiction Awards: VOTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Nominations are finally over, so it's time to vote. Not much has changed since last year, so I can keep much of Dragonfree's post from last year's voting topic.

>>>The voting form<<<
Click the link to go to the voting form page!

To cast your votes, please fill out the form as instructed there, picking a non-"No Vote" option in at least half of the available categories. You may not vote for yourself in any category. At the bottom, you will be required to enter your Serebii.net forums username; this must be entered verbatim, including capitalization, spaces, punctuation, etc. Once you have cast your votes and received confirmation that they went through, you must then post in this thread to verify that it is indeed you who has just cast votes under your name.

Voting will end on May 1st, 0:00 GMT unless extensions are widely requested. Hopefully this is enough time to allow voters to read at least parts of the stories nominated in the various categories and make an informed decision.

Let the voting begin!

Any questions, concerns or errors should be posted here. If you notice any missing nominations or ineligible nominations that slipped through the cracks onto the form, please let us know right away.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Okay! Got all my votes in! As well as write, um, type my exact username. I wish luck to everyone!

CC out!

ShadedSkies

I strongly object to the thoughtless story-ruining spoiler in the "Most Heartbreaking Scene" bracket. Why can't it get a (Show Details) like the rest?

Subzero Dragon

Resident Muse
I cast my votes! Good luck everyone! Oh, and thanks for the nominations! Even if I don't win, just being in the running is pretty dang sweet. ;D
I gotta agree with SS though...spoiler much??

Dragonfree

Just me
(Show details) is not there for spoilers; it's for when the nomination details are longer than a hundred characters, so half of the voting form won't be taken up by lengthy scenes. I don't think a (Show details) would help much here - the people voting would have to hover over it and get spoiled anyway in order to even know what they should be reading to make an informed vote. I agree it sounds like a huge spoiler and I should have checked with ShadedSkies before entering it in the system, and for that I apologize.

For now I'll change the nomination to omit who actually dies. Tell me if you have a better idea for how to present that nomination that still makes it clear what scene it's referring to.

Last edited:
Voted! Best of luck to all who entered!

ShadedSkies

(Show details) is not there for spoilers; it's for when the nomination details are longer than a hundred characters, so half of the voting form won't be taken up by lengthy scenes. I don't think a (Show details) would help much here - the people voting would have to hover over it and get spoiled anyway in order to even know what they should be reading to make an informed vote. I agree it sounds like a huge spoiler and I should have checked with ShadedSkies before entering it in the system, and for that I apologize.

For now I'll change the nomination to omit who actually dies. Tell me if you have a better idea for how to present that nomination that still makes it clear what scene it's referring to.

(Show Details) is a necessity, so it's a tricky one. I'm thinking about replacing the character names in a manner which delivers the scene properly yet still doesn't reveal too much. How about this?

"… I…" Juliet started, Romeo focusing his ears.

"… Love…" Juliet continued, Romeo's breath getting caught in his throat.

"… You…" Juliet finished. She beheld his face as it remained in perpetual paralysis. Mouth unmoving, eyes never wavering, it felt as if time had stopped. She knew this to not be the case as slowly but surely, she felt her life begin to slip away. Desperately clinging on to it just a little longer to hear his response, her words were too weak.

"What're you saying…?" Romeo whispered, unable to comprehend what he had just heard, "You… What…?"

He gazed at Juliet in shock as her lips barely moved, as if trying to say something. In a last attempt to reach him, she lifted her two arms towards him, her vision of Romeo obscured by darkness. Too stunned to properly react, Romeo continued staring at her crying, smiling face as her arms and eyelids slowly fell.

"Juliet… D-Don't…" Romeo stammered as he felt himself quiver, "No, you can't…!"

Hoping, begging for any sort of response from Juliet, he was left sitting in silence. She was still, only shaking slightly from Romeo's trembling. Mind fogging up with panic, he began shaking her harder, vehement to see her stir again.

"Juliet…?" Romeo whispered before screaming, "JULIET!"

There was no response. Something sucked the air out of Romeo's lungs as he stared at Juliet, her beautiful face lifeless and static. Desperately checking for a pulse, he gripped her brittle wrist so hard it felt like it would break off. Pressing against her chest until her ribcage bent, her lungs refused to reactivate. He had thought her dead before, only now recognizing how wrong he had been. Her body was cold. Her breathing was gone. None of this was a fabrication or an illusion – It was reality. Not a single shred of life remained within the empty husk of Juliet.

His mind went blank. His body went limp, a bottomless depth opening and swallowing his insides. Alone with her remains he sat on his knees, no one hearing his helpless wails echoing through the rage of a hateful blizzard.

Looks good to me, including the part where Romeo follows up this event by drinking poison, and Juliet... No, wait, she was just pretending to be dead. Well, close enough!

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Posted my votes, good luck to all!

Negrek

Lost but Seeking

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I have just placed my votes. Good luck to everyone. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.