• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Global Showdown + XY Test Competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Yo, been a while SerebiiForums. I have decided to put this up as it hasn't already been put up yet. Anyways, I'm pretty sure jstin is going to kick on this bandwagon soon enough, just here to put this in. Anyways, this is for people who plan to participate in the tournament and discuss it, and as long as Serebii + mods allow it, to also discuss about the extra package that comes along with this and everybody's interpretation of "XY Test Competition", whether it being another BW2 competition, or an actual competition on some limited download application of Pokemon X and Y. So cheerio~ ;D

(P.S. The dragon is in the house again people!! XD)

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Well, registrations have started, so for now I'll put this in.

JUNIORS

SENIORS

MASTERS
051.gif

OT: Andy
Friend Code: 5029-2675-2910
Team:
649.gif
382.gif
230.gif
383.gif
003.gif
493.gif

051.gif

OT: BOB
Friend Code: In the Sig
Team:
382.gif
646-black.gif
491.gif
487-origin.gif
386-attack.gif
235.gif

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
MASTERS #2

Well, here's to the competition, good luck everyone in this finale to gen V Wi-Fi competitions ;D

I'll be entering this. Last Wi-Fi tournament of gen 5, with the opportunity of competing in the first test tournament for gen 6 as thanks for participating. I'm 108% fine with that.

Borrowing jstinftw!'s trainer template from the June International Challenge...

OT: Andy
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 5029-2675-2910
Team:

649.gif
382.gif
230.gif
383.gif
003.gif
493.gif

Genesect | Kyogre | キングドラ | Groudon | フシギバナ | Arceus​

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Awesome I'm gonna join, I've been far to lazy building my teams here lately so I'm just gonna do a team of legendaries ;)
I'll post it later.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah! College? Don't remind me, I still have a whole month before I start the semester. :p
Anyway, I'll get my stuff up, since I've decided to use an old team I made that isn't quite as standard as I remember it being. A rain team without heavy reliance on rain, so that should pull me through, hopefully. Had to shuffle some items around, since Dark Void is banned, though that shouldn't be too problematic.

OT: Gustavo
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Friend Code: 3654 9501 9964
Message: I never miss POKEMON. It's part of what I do every day.
Team:
484.gif
384.gif
382.gif
212.gif
386-attack.gif
150.gif

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The biggest reason I'm joining is because of the X&Y tournament entry for participating ^_^

Anyway, I'm gonna break my Uber code seeing as this is the last tournament and because it's gonna be swarmed with them.

EDIT: Only two members I know thus far (still in honor of the now smudged Mewtwo vs Genesect movie) are indeed Mewtwo and Genesect. Planning around them isn't hard...but I wanna be careful with this.

Last edited:

GoshinX03

Pride & Power
Team is officially set and signed in! I missed out on the last two competitions, but I'm definitely making time out to play in this one.

OT: Willie
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Friend Code: 5115-2505-1887
Team: *Ditto, Darkrai, Dialga, Kyogre, Arceus-Ghost, *Mewtwo

* = Shiny

Zachmac

I decided I'd join as well. I haven't been playing pokemon much lately, and my team consist of mostly pokemon I already had, so I'm guessing I won't get a good score...but, who knows? I may surprise myself.

OT: Zach
Team: Genesect, Gorebyss, Reshiram, Kyurem-B, Magneton, and Ditto.

I'll add other details later.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Ok I finally got my Mewtwo to Lv 100 to learn Psystrike. I've got to admit though I was worried that I would run into the same problem as the last competition I tried entering. There must have been some problems with the registration at the time since I tried doing it right after it opened, cause I couldn't register my Team with an I thought it was because of my Kyurem-B. This time I didn't run into any problems. I can't wait to see what the testing competition for X and Y will be like, so exciting :)

OT: Zyon
Trainer Sprite: Pokemon Ranger
Friend Code: In my Sig
Team: Deoxys | Kyurem-B | Mewtwo | Reshiram | Rayquaza | Arceus

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
OT: Outrage
Trainer Sprite: Pokemon Ranger
Age Division: Seniors
Friend Code:

Team:

382.gif
230.gif
640.gif

637.gif
386-attack.gif
376.gif

After coming in 5th/6th last tourney with similar ruleset and play styles I am hoping to get a top 5 placing this time :D

(I changed my post from scizor to metagross because metagross is a more defensive choice for the team which is necessary after I looked at it again and also changed breloom to virizion for the same exact reason)

Last edited:

drizzleboy12

OT: Cameron
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Seniors
Friend Code:
103.gif
383.gif
038.gif
493.gif
483.gif
642.gif

philzone

Ready for trumpets
OT: phil
Gender male
Trainer sprite: pokemon ranger
Age division: masters
Team: keldeo, mewtwo, ferrothorn, genesect, groudon, cloyster

Gl and HF all. Feel sorry for the darkrai fans as dark void is banned.

Last edited:

Growlie19

OT: Jared
Pkmn Ranger
Masters Division
FC: 1163-7548-2751
Team: Weavile, Tangrowth, Jumpluff, Gengar, Garchomp, Toxicroak (all shinies)

I'm pretty much in this only for the X and Y competition and the BP, so I just put together this for fun team. Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
OT: Schala
Parasol Lady
Masters Division
FC: 0390 6638 6817
Team: Scolipede, Gengar, Weezing, Vileplume, Tentacruel, Swampert

Yeah... I'm in this for some lols. I'm trying to win maybe 1 out of 10 battles? Maybe. That's a little on the optimistic side. But anyway, what can I lose? As long as I don't get a bunch of jerkwads DCing on me, I'll have a chance for this test competition which sounds like fun. n_n

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Dammit, totally forgot about the Dark Void ban. I just EVd a Specially Defensive Normal Arceus. The thing has superb synergy with Giratina.

It's a good thing you remembered now. I'm sure a number of people are going to go in with a Darkrai unaware that Dark Void is banned. Honestly, Darkrai isn't going to get too much use with that ban on Dark Void.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah. It does get Hypnosis though. I was too lazy at first, but then I realized that this is the last competition, so I went through with the Arceus. I was looking for an Iron Plate and a Griseous Orb, so Arceus and Giratina could have even better synergy, but that wouldn't allow Arceus to use Leftovers.

As true as that is, I personally wouldn't trust the accuracy of Hypnosis. I'd say Arceus and Giratina is probably going to be the better choice there, though I wouldn't know for sure. I should have trained Arceus for this, but with an Adamant nature, I'm better of with the Rayquaza I already have. That, and I was too lazy to train anything new.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.

Astral
Male
PKMN Breeder
Seniors
3440 1035 0248
Viriginia, USA
When it comes to DOUBLE TEAM, my choice is always STRATEGY!
Team:
382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
642.gif
141.gif
493-ghost.gif

Should be fun. Haven't done a singles wifi tourny before though, so should be interesting as well.

Last edited:

MSK

Hiker ASH (MSK)
Masters Division
5243 9963 2462
From South East, England.
"Hello! I am Trainer. Pleased to meet you!"
ASH's Team

Keldeo, Jirachi, Deoxys-A, Arceus, Genesect, Mewtwo

Bit late but only just got back from holiday lol, did manage to find some wifi to register while I was away though :)
As for my team, just finished RNG and EV training all of these so why the hell not lol, probably no synergy whatsoever but this final tournament is just for laughs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.