• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Global Showdown + XY Test Competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old man

On Guard!!!
This tourney was very very bad for me as I said before... but good thing was I saw a lot of interesting playstyles the best one was a prankster liepard that kept using assist and getting spire. Which means the team concept is all in the starter... if I remember how assist works...

Found out v-create Rayquasia is very frail. Chomp is better

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This tourney was very very bad for me as I said before... but good thing was I saw a lot of interesting playstyles the best one was a prankster liepard that kept using assist and getting spire. Which means the team concept is all in the starter... if I remember how assist works...

Found out v-create Rayquasia is very frail. Chomp is better

I found out Rayquaza is less effective in 3v3 in general. Still a monster to fight if it gets even one boost, but otherwise, I'd rather use it in a 6v6, because that power is amazing. To think it doesn't even have a signature move, though...

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I didn't prepare too much for the tourney, haha. I think I had 6 battles, won 3. 2 against in-game teams so that's nothing to even boast about haha.

My WiFi here in the Philippines sucks depending on the day, so I tried to play on Saturday and Sunday but on both days, my WiFi disrupted and I was prompted the one hour wait BEFORE I EVEN LOCKED IN MY TEAM. The hour wait was enough for me to not be able to play due to college obligations. I played on the very last day, and I was struggling to find good internet connection. I was literally one game away from getting ranked and either I wouldn't find anyone for thirty minutes no matter how many times I got on and off the Nintendo WiFi, or I would connect to someone and one of us would just have crappy internet.

But in the end, it went through. I actually want to play more Singles battles now. I made a lot of really bad plays against some of my (3) better opponents, and I saw what was coming but didn't know how to respond in a 3v3 Singles format. I'm just glad I'm going to be able to play in the XY Tournament hahah (hopefully. If they don't DQ me. D:)

old man

On Guard!!!
There not out yet????? Wasn't gonna check till this weekend

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Who know's what the deal is with the rankings. Perhaps due to the website closing down, or their busy working on the new PGL for X and Y?
It's hard to say exactly what is keeping them but all we can do is wait.

Shinzan

I'm itching to know too.

MSK

RANKINGS ARE OUT!!!!! Finally they're on the website :)

418th for me 1705pts (54 wins, 26 losses)

Bring on the X&Y tournament :)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's about time. I've started to lose interest in the results after watching my rating drop so much at the end. Ranked 2161, which isn't very accurate considering there are like 20+ people with the 1568 as a rating. Kinda hurts that I'd be at rank 1427 if I stopped after my first session, but it wouldn't make a difference either way. I had fun with it, and I hope X/Y tournaments are just as fun.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I know I said before I wasn't really trying, mainly just doing it for the x/y test competition. So I didn't really care how many wins or losses I got.
Well my 6 wins and 19 losses gave me a rating of 1,394, and a ranking of 10,996. I just laughed when I saw it, but I definitely wasn't the worst.

Shinzan

8909 for me. I didn't do too bad considering I didn't use legendaries, but I definitely need to compose a better team. I scored 1439 in terms of ratings.

Daisukereds

I would be very interested in getting more details on the Rankings message :
http://en.pokemon-gl.com/#/information/752. I wonder (as it is an interesting topic, that of trainers creating mons with applications) on what did Nintendo see being cheats. From what I understand, you are not able to use those that don't have proper attacks or abilities.. but could it check those pokes that are legit-looking as cheating?

This would mean that there is still something unknown that we can use to verify those legendaries that have been traded to us from Wi-Fi/unknown sources.

Any one that didn't rank and got the message? What kind of modifications did you do?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I would be very interested in getting more details on the Rankings message :
http://en.pokemon-gl.com/#/information/752. I wonder (as it is an interesting topic, that of trainers creating mons with applications) on what did Nintendo see being cheats. From what I understand, you are not able to use those that don't have proper attacks or abilities.. but could it check those pokes that are legit-looking as cheating?

This would mean that there is still something unknown that we can use to verify those legendaries that have been traded to us from Wi-Fi/unknown sources.

Any one that didn't rank and got the message? What kind of modifications did you do?

Whoa, that explains the delay, at least. It would definitely be interesting to know if it could catch legit-looking hacks. That would definitely be an improvement in the hack-checking. Well, I guess it's safe to say the Deoxys I used (which came from a GTS trade long ago) was legit, then. The rest, I caught myself.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Oh wow, so the reason for the delay was that people were using illegal pokemon(meaning hacked pokemon since legendaries were allowed). Hackers honestly ruin the fun for everything -_-
Oh well serves them right for doing it in the first place, no test competition for them :)

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Hmm because Nintendo or Game Freak(who's ever in control of the PGL), is dealing with hacked Pokemon for this competition. Perhaps what they had said about dealing with future hackers on X and Y in the few news articles earlier this year will come true. Meaning they'll actually be cracking down hard on anyone that hacks their pokemon or game.
They said the consequences of hacking your game on X and Y, if the game found it would resolute in erasing your saved data completely.

MSK

This is very good news, no more cheating hackers and fingers crossed a crack down on RQers and I'm gonna be getting on it big style for next years VGC :) I'd have had far more Championship points this year if it wasn't for those unscrupulous people lol.

I bet all those Shiny Kyogre users got banned, that thing was a menace outspeeding everything, having more bulk than a Sumo Wrestler and generally annoying me lol

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
While I couldn't get the chance to play in this tournement (dang it Bermuda), I'm glad that they're doing so much better at detecting hacks. Plus XY will nearly have no Ragequitters at all since if one disconnects, that automatically counts as a lose, making those dastardly players think twice on leaving the battle in the middle of the match.

old man

On Guard!!!
there out. 1569 for me. Worst number for me since these tournys have started.
WOW I just read why it took so long and MAN!!!!!! That would explain alot of things. I thought the filters wouldnt let hack pokes in. I guess not. And where is the new Gobal link at?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.