• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 International Challenge - April (Official Play! Pokémon Wi-Fi Tournament)

Are you participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
2013 International Challenge - April (Official Play! Pokémon Wi-Fi Tournament)

news_top_pgl_2013_int_challenge_april_en.jpg

The 2013 International Challenge - April

tumblr_me00y27R5h1raj8vdo1_500.gif

BATTLES ARE NOW OVER!
Rankings have been posted on the Global Link!

Good job, trainers! You fought well!

The 2013 International Challenge - April is a Wi-Fi tournament held by The Pokemon Company, International, or TCPi.
Trainers from all over the world will be able to battle each other from the comforts of their own home, or wherever Wi-Fi is available.
And our prize for participating in this tournament?
Salac_Berry.png

The Salac Berry!
Raises holder's Speed stat by 1 when its HP is low.

What's this? There's another prize?

Liechi_Berry.png

The Leichi Berry!
Raises holder's Attack stat by 1 when its HP is low.

Also, if you are participating in the official Play! Pokemon VGC Events, you can earn Championship Points to play at Worlds if you rank well!
Be sure to sign up on the official Pokemon.com website, as well as on the Global Link to ensure that you can participate!​

Use this thread as your way to discuss whatever you need with your fellow trainers in relation to the tournament.
Feel like talking about the current GBU Metagame, and what that could mean in the competition?
Or maybe you want to discuss possible teams, or Pokemon you may be using?
Maybe you just want to get a few practice battles in?
Could it be that you have a question?
Feel free to do so here!

Rules for this Competition:
• This competition will use Double Battle format.
• The Wonder Launcher will not be used.
• Players must use a copy of Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 .
• Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 National Pokédex, from No. 001–
649. However, the following Pokémon cannot be used: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza,
Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo,
Meloetta, Genesect.
• Register 4–6 of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
• Pokémon Level 51 or higher will automatically become Level 50 during battles.
• Nicknames you have given to your Pokémon will not be displayed.
• A 30-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome
has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have two minutes to select four Pokémon to battle with.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have one minute to select moves for both Pokémon, or change the Active Pokémon.
If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.

Age Divisions:
Players competing in the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle will be divided into two age divisions:
• Junior/Senior Division: Born 1998 or later
• Masters Division: Born 1997 or earlier

Battles and Result Tracking:
• Players may battle as often as they like during the Wi-Fi Competition.
• Competition results will be tracked separately from GBU Random Matchups, and the competition ranking will be displayed in the
Competition Info section.

Useable Pokemon:
• All Pokémon Level 51 or higher will have their level reduced to Level 50 during the battle.
• Pokémon below Level 50 remain at their actual level rather than being raised to Level 50 for the battle.
• A player's team may not contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number.
• Pokémon may use only moves learned by one of these methods:
1) By leveling up
2) By TM or HM
3) As an Egg Move, through breeding
4) From a character in the game
5) Already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
• Pokémon cannot use the move Sky Drop or Dark Void during battle.

Battle Box:
• Before the battle starts, the Pokémon on each player’s team will be displayed briefly to his or her opponent. Moves and held items
are not displayed.
• When you register your Pokémon for the Wi-Fi Competition after receiving the Digital Player ID, your Battle Box will be locked.
You will no longer be able to change your Pokémon’s moves or held items. Do not change the order of moves for Pokémon in your
locked Battle Box during the competition, or errors may occur that prevent you from completing your battles.

Items:
• Each Pokémon on a player’s team may use held items, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item during battle.
• All items must have been acquired in Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2 , Pokémon Black Version , or Pokémon
White Version , through the Pokémon Global Link, or at an offi cial Pokémon event or promotion.

Move Effects:
• The move Nature Power will turn into Earthquake.
• The move Secret Power has a 30% chance of lowering the opponent's accuracy by one stage.
• The move Camoufl age changes the user's type to Ground type.

Winner in Special Cases:
• If a player’s fi nal Pokémon used Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, or Final Gambit, and both players’ fi nal Pokémon faint as
a result, the player who used the move loses that game.
• If a player’s fi nal Pokémon used Double Edge, Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz, Take Down, Submission, Brave Bird, Wood Hammer,
Head Smash, Struggle, or Wild Volt, or was holding Life Orb, and both players’ fi nal Pokémon faint as a result, the player who
used the move wins that game.
• If both players’ final Pokémon faint due to damage from a weather condition, such as Hail or Sandstorm, the player whose
Pokémon faints last wins the game.
• If a Pokémon’s Ability (such as Rough Skin, Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, or Iron Barbs) or held item (such as Rocky Helmet), results
in each player’s fi nal Pokémon fainting, the player whose Pokémon had the Ability or held item wins the game.

Time Limit:
• The tournament timer automatically counts down during your battle. If time runs out before either player causes his or her
opponent’s fi nal Pokémon to faint, the winner of the game will be determined by the criteria below.
1) Remaining Pokémon
a. If one player has more remaining Pokémon than the other, that player wins the game.
b. If both players have the same number of Pokémon remaining, the winner is determined by average
percentage of HP remaining.
2) Average Percentage of HP Remaining
a. If one player’s team has a higher average percentage of HP remaining, that player wins the game.
b. If both players’ teams have the same average HP remaining, the result of the game is determined by total HP remaining.
3) Total HP Remaining
a. If one player’s team has a higher total HP remaining, that player wins the game.
b. If both players’ teams have the same total HP remaining, the game is a tie.

Turn Timer:
• The timer counts down while players are choosing moves.
• If time runs out, a move is automatically chosen for you, so be careful.

Source.

Let us know you'll be playing! Fill up the form below! (note: I will do my very best to actually stay up to date, but it will still depend on my free time and availability. Do trust that all teams will eventually be up.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPPF Registration Form:

OT: (Your in-game character's name)
Trainer Sprite: (Breeder, Scientist, Hiker, Roughneck, Preschooler, Youngster, Ace Trainer, or Ranger)
Age Division: (Junior Division: Born 2002 or later / Senior Division Born 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001 / Masters Division: Born 1997 or earlier)
Friend Code: (check your Pal Pad)
Location: (Where did you register yourself in the game? On the Globe in the Pokemon Centers!)
Message: (What is the message that you put into the bottom of your Trainer Card?)
Team: (What team will you be using? Don't know? Tell us when you figure it out!)
Nicknames: (What are your Pokemon's nicknames? TPCi won't let us know, but we will!)

ex.

091.gif

Sinnoh Champion Cynthia (Cynthia)
Master Division
1439 3451 3712
From Celestic Town, Sinnoh.
"Aww! No matter how fun the battle is, it will always end sometime..."
Cynthia's Team
442.gif
350.gif
468.gif
448.gif
471.gif
445.gif

|Celestic|Waldorf|Selene|Lucas|Victoria|Aldin|

---------------------------------------------

And that's it!
Feel free to discuss anything in relation to the tournament;
your teams, your strategies, your thoughts, practice battles, requests, trades, all of it!

Good luck in the tournament, trainers!
May the battles be ever in your favor!

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Junior Division​

All players born 2002 or later will have their registrations shown here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Senior Division
All players born after 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001 will have their registrations shown here.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Master Division - 1​

All players born after 1997 will have their registrations shown here.

017.gif

PKMN Breeder Justin (jstinftw!)
Masters Division
0175 9162 4631
From the Philippines.
"May GARBODOR safely land on YOU."
Justin’s Team
479-mow.gif
423-east.gif
475.gif
198.gif
637.gif
445.gif

|Cheshire|King Squee|Pitch|Lena|Sol|Radioactiv|

051.gif

Scientist Drake (Quantum1024)
Masters Division
2838 9377 2007
From Singapore.
" I'll show you my BAD MATCHUP strategy!"
Drake's Team
186.gif
272.gif
454.gif
637.gif
596.gif
376.gif

|Frogger|Mr. Pinap|Toxicroak|Mothra|Galvantula|Metagross|

073.gif

Hiker Aaron (Galvazar)
Masters Division
4685 7154 0994
From Mexico.
"Have you heard of STRATEGY?"
Aaron's Team
645.gif
488.gif
272.gif
479-wash.gif
635.gif
212.gif

|Landorus|Cresselia|Ludicolo|Rotom-W|Hydreigon|Scizor|

024.gif

PKMN Ranger Outrage (joej m)
Masters Division
0000 0000 0000
From Maryland, USA.
"Just one moment please."
Outrage's Team
380.gif
423-east.gif
609.gif
645-therian.gif
212.gif
642.gif

|Latias|Gastrodon|Chandelure|Landorus|Scizor|Thundurus|

048.gif

Ace Trainer June (celicus0)
Masters Division
2065 8229 9053
From California, USA.
"I'm pleased to meet you."
June's Team
038.gif
059.gif
637.gif
003.gif
380.gif
121.gif

|Silver|Nine|Volca|Venusaur|Latias|Starmie|

018.gif

PKMN Breeder *Helen* (Heliotrope)
Masters Division
1851 0451 9138
From England.
"Behold my emergency dance!"
*Helen*'s Team
186.gif
230.gif
272.gif
260.gif
145.gif
381.gif

|Politoed|Kingdra|Ludicolo|Chichiri|Storm|ファフナー (Fafner)|

018.gif

PKMN Breeder *Helen* (Heliotrope)
Masters Division
5415 8539 5430
From England.
"The power of anime is awesome! "
*Helen*'s Team
230.gif
468.gif
560.gif
376.gif
635.gif
448.gif

|Kingdra|Zombie|Max|Monster|Lina|Lucario|

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Master Division - 2​

049.gif

Ace Trainer Joseph (Joltik-Kid)
Masters Division
0000 0000 0000
From the United States.
"Hello! Good luck!!"
Joseph's Team
376.gif
479-wash.gif
560.gif
591.gif
488.gif
645-therian.gif

|Metagross|Rotom-W|Scrafty|Amoonguss|Cresselia|Landorus-I|

073.gif

Hiker ASH (MSK)
Masters Division
5243 9963 2462
From South East, England.
"Hello! Tyranitar!!"
ASH's Team
248.gif
530.gif
230.gif
645.gif
202.gif
272.gif

|Tyranitar|Excadrill|Kingdra|Landorus|Wobbuffet|Ludicolo|

017.gif

PKMN Breeder Greg (Ristor)
Masters Division
1679 2226 4735
From California, USA.
"It's all thanks to everyone!"
Greg's Team
461.gif
230.gif
135.gif
212.gif
286.gif
186.gif

|Weavile|Kingdra|Jolteon|Scizor|Breloom|Politoed|

048.gif

Ace Trainer Yuki (Hikatoshi26)
Masters Division
2581 1392 3293
From Maryland, USA.
"Pleased to meet you!"
Yuki's Team
530.gif
398.gif
392.gif
026.gif
395.gif
497.gif

|Excadrill|Staraptor|Hikararu|Raichu|Pochama|Tsuarja|

051.gif

Scientist Shreyas (Shreyas)
Masters Division
3225 4376 5228
From California, USA.
"Hello! I am Trainer. Pleased to meet you!"
Shreyas' Team
381.gif
639.gif
272.gif
237.gif
625.gif
609.gif

|Latios|Terrakion|Ludicolo|Hitmontop|Bisharp|Chandelure|

048.gif

Ace Trainer Derlyn (Shneak)
Masters Division
1206 7047 4548
From Ontario, Canada.
"Now regret begins!"
Derlyn's Team
461.gif
424.gif
130.gif
638.gif
245.gif
381.gif

|Weavile|Ambipom|Gyarados|Cobalion|Suicune|Latios|

003.gif

Lass Michelle (SeiyruKazohu)
Masters Division
33541906 8476
From Ontario, Canada.
"What's your favorite Pokemon?"
Michelle's Team
445.gif
475.gif
254.gif
260.gif
330.gif
059.gif

|Garchomp|Gallade|Sceptile|Swampert|Flygon|Arcanine|

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Master Division - 3​

017.gif

PKMN Breeder Dan (King91)
Masters Division
2838 7994 5622
From the London, England.
"My favorite POKEMON is SNORLAX!"
Dan's Team
423-west.gif
637.gif
534.gif
473.gif
135.gif
196.gif

|Katsuyu|Volcarona|Foreman|Aokiji|Raikiri|Espeon|

024.gif

PKMN Ranger Axel (AxelWolf)
Masters Division
1163 9089 5196
From Virginia, United States.
"My favorite POKEMON is Arcanine!"
Dan's Team
381.gif
472.gif
059.gif
448.gif
598.gif
547.gif

|Latios|Gliscor|Arcanine|Lucario|Ferrothorn|Whimsicott|

051.gif

Scientist Nate (Morpher01)
Masters Division
1249 6879 5631
From Delaware, USA.
"I am STRANGENESS! I'm pleased to meet you."
Nate's Team
510.gif
539.gif
346.gif
144.gif
530.gif
596.gif

|Liepard|Sawk|Cradily|Articuno|Excadrill|Galvantula|

051.gif

Scientist Willie (Morpher01)
Masters Division
5115-2505-1887
From Pennsylvania, USA.
"I am BORED! I'm pleased to meet you."
Nate's Team
302.gif
479-wash.gif
472.gif
637.gif
376.gif
635.gif

|Gismo|Kenmore|DesertPunk|Pandora|Cyrax|Ravager|

024.gif

PKMN Ranger Phil (philzone)
Masters Division
2581 1006 2053
From North West, England.
"In comes ME!"
Phil's Team
381.gif
479-wash.gif
637.gif
286.gif
445.gif
376.gif

|Latios|Rotom-W|Volcarona|Breloom|Garchomp|Metagross|

017.gif

PKMN Breeder Marbi Z (Marbi Z)
Masters Division
2151 5992 5438
From Pennsylvania, USA.
"I Love Lopunny! I Love Gardevoir too!"
Marbi Z's Team
497.gif
571.gif
448.gif
475.gif
059.gif
181.gif

|Hanna|Tricky|Ken|Link|Marcie|Amphy|

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I see you didn't waste much time this time jstinftw XD (10 whole days left; for me anyway)

I'm basically just winging it again, the limited practice I did was promising for the most part though. And by winging, I already made the team ^^ (So I guess I could battle anyone who needs or wants to)

OT: Joseph
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Masters
Team: Metagross, Rotom-W, Scrafty, Amoonguss, Cresselia, Landorus-I

Oddly enough guys, this is a Trick Room counter team. Cresselia is not a Trick Room starter for me, more of a...Helping Hand *sunglasses* ;D
Jokes aside, the team also counters Sand teams and has a bit more syenergy then last time. I wanted to be a bit more serious but not serious enough to rely on weather. Scrafty's a bit underrated compared to Hitmontop, sure the fighting weakness is a bite, but it's better defensively and laughs at Cresselia and Ghost types, unlike Hitmontop who fears Cresselia even with access to Sucker Punch.

MSK

Well as this is probably the last Wifi tournament before the UK VGC and I need to try and get a few more Championship Points to have any hope of getting a bye I'm going to play it safe and stick with my tried and tested Sand Team with maybe 1 change. Will post the details soon.

King91

I'm all fired up!
Looking forward to finally getting some games in on this one, struggled to get between 10-20 in the others but got some free time now :).

OT: Dan
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Age Division: Masters Divison
Friend Code: 2838-7994-5622
Team: West sea Gastrodon, Volcarona, Conkeldurr, Mamoswine, Jolteon and Shiny Espeon.
Nicknames: |Katsuyu|None|Foreman|Aokiji|Raikiri|None|

I need to think of nicknames for the others now, don't want them feeling left out xD.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
I have participated in the earlier March VGC, but my strategy is not even well set up. Heck, I don't even know what to put in or the theme for my team (more like just fling in my best Pokemon and hope for the best). Due to being a clerk, I would most likely be spending the weekend of the competition resting instead of battling. Even worse considering I am in a time zone close to the most formidable of Japanese players.

I may want to try a weather team but as you can see, I am still requesting for them. Maybe I should try a Sandstorm team...

OT: Drake
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: 2838 9377 2007
Team: Politoed, Ludicolo, Toxicroak, Volcarona, Galvantula, Metagross
Nicknames (in order): Frogger, Mr. Pinap (because he looks like a Pinap berry), Toxicroak, Mothra, Galvantula, Metagross.

Frogger will be the weather setter and status inducer. Mr. Pinap follows after as a sweeper, Toxicroak for defensive bulk, Mothra for when sh!t hits the fan (but it ends with Mothra's death anyway), Galvantula as a basic speed demon, and Metagross for entry hazards. Unfortunately, this is a terrible team due to overlapping weaknesses (should have switched out Galvantula and Metagross).

EDIT: My team is now a Rain team. Thanks to macabrecyndaquil, I now have a Politoed to set up a Rain team. However, this Rain team is experimental at this point and as such I have no good strategy here (I once lost a weather war) or even good planning for Pokemon.

Last edited:

MSK

Hey guys, just had an email from Pokémon Customer Support after I emailed them my list of RQer's in the March Tournament:

Hey Matthew,

First, I see you made the rankings in the most recent tournament and placed in the top 70. Congratulations!

Second, thank you for passing on your feedback and for remaining an active player in our Wi-Fi tournaments. We are continually evaluating on how to improve the Wi-Fi tournament environment and knowing when players have difficulty with disconnects helps us improve the system going forward.

-Pokémon Support

In other words, thanks for letting us know but there's nothing we can do about it at the moment . . Sorry!!
Still at least I can 69th in Europe and got another Championship point!!
Gotta put in a real shift in this Tournament to get a few points before the UK VGC in June :)

old man

On Guard!!!
I'm in it. Ill fill out the form once I/someone can tell me where my trainer message is and I finalize my last team slot. Need a ester resistance.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I'm in it. Ill fill out the form once I/someone can tell me where my trainer message is and I finalize my last team slot. Need a ester resistance.
Your Trainer Message should be on your Trainer Card, the menu item that says Your Name. Like, there's your sprite, your money, time, Pokedex, and at the very bottom is the default phrase that says something like, "Hello Trainer, Pleased to meet you." or something like that.

BGP_

I told myself the last 2 times i would participate and i didn't but this time i will force myself to! So yeah signing up, will get back to you on team.

OT: Andrew
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 2323-4368-2348
Message: "I never miss WINS. It's part of what I do every day."
Team: TBA
Nicknames: TBA

MSK

Hiker ASH (MSK)
Masters Division
5243 9963 2462
From SE, England.
"Hello! TYRANITAR!"
ASH's Team

Tyranitar, Excadrill, Kingdra, Landorus, Wobbuffet, Ludiculo (All Shiny)

Gone back to Landorus over Landorus-T, playtested and just didn't like him. But I have tweaked my Landorus ;)

Last edited:

Douchemon

Scientist
Going with a fresh team this challenge,

T-Tar, excadrill, Landorus Normal, Scizor, Swampert, Heatran. With T-tar being the wildcard as it is Special orientated.

However i am still thinking about replacing Swampert with a Swiftswim Omastar.

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Actually decided to do this one, and ill be using the team i'm using in dem georgia regionals.

Joltik-Kid

Just pisses me off that my home state doesn't even host VGC's (regionals; outside of small clubs, we don't get anything good Pokemon related)...I sure don't have the money to take off outta state just to play in a tournament I might not even make it far in XP

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Just pisses me off that my home state doesn't even host VGC's (regionals; outside of small clubs, we don't get anything good Pokemon related)...I sure don't have the money to take off outta state just to play in a tournament I might not even make it far in XP

Hi. I live in Japan and they don't host any live tournaments. I move to the Philippines in May, where they don't have any Pokemon events at all. I'd like to trade locations with you.

Joltik-Kid

Hi. I live in Japan and they don't host any live tournaments. I move to the Philippines in May, where they don't have any Pokemon events at all. I'd like to trade locations with you.
Michigan? Not sure you'd like it here...We don't host tournaments either. Those small clubs I'm taking about aren't VGC related to my knowledge, just places people who play the video game go.

Status
Not open for further replies.