• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 International Challenge - April (Official Play! Pokémon Wi-Fi Tournament)

Are you participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Michigan? Not sure you'd like it here...We don't host tournaments either. Those small clubs I'm taking about aren't VGC related to my knowledge, just places people who play the video game go.

Michigan doesn't, but it's a lot nearer to, say, Indiana than Japan, or the Philippines. Most of them are nice little road trips away, especially if you can split the cost with someone. Not like my situation. Plus, Michigan is also a lot closer to my Pokemon friends in Wisconsin and such. They go to a lot of these Play! Pokemon events, so it'd be worth it.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Michigan doesn't, but it's a lot nearer to, say, Indiana than Japan, or the Philippines. Most of them are nice little road trips away, especially if you can split the cost with someone. Not like my situation. Plus, Michigan is also a lot closer to my Pokemon friends in Wisconsin and such. They go to a lot of these Play! Pokemon events, so it'd be worth it.
I wish I had friends that were serious about playing that lived here :/

AxelWolf

Arcanine lover!
OT: Axel
Trainer Sprite: Ranger
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 1163-9089-5196
Team: Latios, Gliscor, Arcanine, Lucario, Ferrothorn, Whimsicott (All shiny)
Nicknames: None

Last edited:

Galvazar

Im going in again folks! this time no messing around with weathers! i'll change my approach to bruteforce+some technique, hope to see some of you guys there!

OT: Aaron
Trainer Sprite: Hiker
Friend Code: 4685-7154-0994
Team: Landorus-I,Cresselia,Ludicolo, rotom-W,hydreigon,scizor
Nicknames: none

BGP_

Still debating on if i wanna tweak the old team or do something new, but i probably shouldn't wait til last minute again xD

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Still debating on if i wanna tweak the old team or do something new, but i probably shouldn't wait til last minute again xD

Probably not haha. I have this really gimmicky team that I want to try out, but I also feel that I need to just tweak my old team. I'm really just not sure what I want to do this time around, it's so hard. :p

Ristor

OT: Greg
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Age Division: Master
Friend Code: 1679-2226-4735
Team: Weavile, Kingdra, Jolteon, Scizor, Politoed, Breloom.

I've participated in a few tournaments and have yet to get championship points...

SeiyruKazohu

I can haz poffin?
OT: Michelle
Trainer Sprite: Lass
FC: 3354-1906-8476
Team: Swampert, Sceptile, Blaziken, Keldeo, Gallade, and Flygon
Nicknames: Swampert/Sceptile/Cinder/Keldeo/Izo/(idk its a Japanese flygon)

Just a brute-force sweeping team from the different tiers with Swampert for stealth rock and defense and Choice Scarf Flygon. Yes, I'm using Blaziken. Deal with it. It's my favorite Pokémon.

And I just noticed all 3 Hoenn starters are in my party.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!

Just a brute-force sweeping team from the different tiers with Swampert for stealth rock and defense and Choice Scarf Flygon. Yes, I'm using Blaziken. Deal with it. It's my favorite Pokémon.

FYI, Keldeo's banned in this tournament and Stealth Rock doesn't do a lot in doubles.

jstinftw!

hey trainer

Yeah, like Silvershark said, Stealth Rocks isn't really useful in Doubles. Also, Keldeo is not usable in VGC Format, so you're going to need to pick a different Pokemon. Sorry. :(

Galvazar

im actually not sure which pokemon to pick to fill in my last slot im having some doubts there :(.

old man

On Guard!!!

Dude that's what i, thinking about. I need a grass type to fit in with this team. Heck i'll just send you a message

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Bleh...team's not entirely ready yet, but I might as well put it here.

OT: Nate
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Friend Code: 1249 6879 5631
Team (may change before actual tourney): Liepard/Hitmonlee/Cradily/Articuno/Excadrill/Galvantula
Nicknames: N/A. I don't name my Pokémon.

Let me just say that this team is still being worked out. I just threw Articuno in there because I wanted an obscure legendary with access to a decent Ice-type move. I desperately need a Vital Spirit Tyrogue, though...can't seem to find a good one from the PDW, and my attempts at trading for one on Serebii have yet to be successful. Hopefully I can get a good Tyrogue before the tourney starts.

Still, good luck to everyone else! Maybe I'll run into someone from here, like I did last tourney. XD

joej m

Club Double Trouble
i havent posted here yet :(
OT: Outrage
Trainer Sprite: Pkmn ranger
Age Division: Masters (nintnedo isn't very cooperative when i email them to change my age ._.)
Friend Code: this is bound to change before the tourney
Team: Latias, Gastrodon (blue one), chandelure, landorus-T, scizor (shiny), thundurus (shiny)
Nicknames: N/A.

My old team. didn't have enough time to EV train any new team :/
but this team got me 1905 points last time, so i hope i can do as well this time, in the shorter time, because it is only 3 days not 4, meaning sunday is gonna be the DC fest.

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
You just can't keep Scizor out of your line up joej m XD

i gotta have a steel type, and i dont like metagross... i sometimes use ferro but i have ludicolo so why not scizor? :p
scizor is a pokemon that it took me a long time to figure out how to use, but i just love it so much now.
did anyone notice this is one day shorter than usual?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.