• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 International Challenge Discussion Thread

Are you participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
OT: Marbi Z
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Age Division: Masters
Team: Marbi Z's White 2 Team! (Check my sig!)

Arande

OT: Arande
Age Division: masters
Friend Code: 2581 0965 3269
Team: I have no idea (old team: manectric, toxicroak, politoed, ludicolo, breloom, ??)

The problem I have is, do I just adjust the team I've been using the past 5 tourneys that has been working well? or try a whole new team. More importantly, yay, I will finally be able to play day 1 instead of joining mid and getting only a handful of matches. Before you make any comments about rain, I had plenty of videos of matches I never brought my frog. Opponents assuming i needed it cost em. Also I refuse to use kingdra.

edit: yeah, may just use my old team. Just realized how short those 5 days are when you have stuff to do. Still ahven't decided what to replace the milotic with that just couldn't do anything int he tourneys.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
OT: Arande
Age Division: masters
Friend Code: 2581 0965 3269
Team: I have no idea (old team: manectric, toxicroak, politoed, ludicolo, breloom, ??)

The problem I have is, do I just adjust the team I've been using the past 5 tourneys that has been working well? or try a whole new team. More importantly, yay, I will finally be able to play day 1 instead of joining mid and getting only a handful of matches. Before you make any comments about rain, I had plenty of videos of matches I never brought my frog. Opponents assuming i needed it cost em. Also I refuse to use kingdra.

If you think you can have the team bred and ready by this weekend, and get some significant practice in, I'd say go for it, especially if you already have a team in mind. But the best thing about sticking with your old team, is that you are familiar with it, so you'll be ready to face the random teams that will be popping up during the tourney.

But if you're looking to try something new, as I am, then go for it! Try to get some practice on Pokemon Showdown! and Pokemon Online while you breed, that way you can get some practice in as well. It's all about the fun you want to have, and playing with a team you're not having fun with can cause some problems during the tourney.

Shreyas

I finally have the team ready with a few tweaks here and there! :D

@ Arande: I haven't seen anyone use Manectric in ages lol back when I used him on a rain team, I loved him. Rain teams love to attract Thundurus, and switching in to get a lightning rod boost paired up with a Kingdra can pretty much destroy your opponent. :3

As for the team you should use, if you do have time to get the breeding and training done, go ahead and build that new team. It can sometimes get boring to play with the same team over and over again ;)

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
OT: HRRlion
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 3912 6081 4414
Team: Mamoswine, Salamence, Scizor, Latios, Lucario, Breloom

Im just participating for fun, but I'd like to win a few matches.

KuzKan

I'm almost done planning my team for the tournament
i will have to hurry to breed and train them so i wont get any playtest time, but either way i think it can handle some threats... its a bit of a diferent team that i usually use (got some comun pokemons an i usually prefer some pokemons almost no one use like in the last tournament) but i like them so i think i'll have fun :3

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I'm almost done planning my team for the tournament
i will have to hurry to breed and train them so i wont get any playtest time, but either way i think it can handle some threats... its a bit of a diferent team that i usually use (got some comun pokemons an i usually prefer some pokemons almost no one use like in the last tournament) but i like them so i think i'll have fun :3

You could play test on Pokemon Showdown!. Simply build the team with its specs, then play around on the Nugget Bridge subsection. That way, while breeding and training, you can still get some practice.

KuzKan

You could play test on Pokemon Showdown!. Simply build the team with its specs, then play around on the Nugget Bridge subsection. That way, while breeding and training, you can still get some practice.

im kinda scared of testing it actually xD
im afraid all mt effort to put it together will go to waste and the team wont work
but thank you ^^

joej m

Club Double Trouble
hey justin btw you put me in the senior devision but i am actually in the master division. no bigy though :) another thing is i am probably gonna use the blue gastrodon... but that doesn't matter xD

good luck to everyone going to regionals today!!!

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
im kinda scared of testing it actually xD
im afraid all mt effort to put it together will go to waste and the team wont work
but thank you ^^

Hahah No worries, we all know the feels. I was so scared that my current team wouldn't work out, but surprisingly, it does alright. I had to go through some changes after testing a few things out, but testing on Pokemon Showdown and Pokemon Online were really helpful, so that I could make those small changes real fast. :)

hey justin btw you put me in the senior devision but i am actually in the master division. no bigy though :) another thing is i am probably gonna use the blue gastrodon... but that doesn't matter xD

good luck to everyone going to regionals today!!!
Sorry! I could have sworn on your form it said Seniors. My bad! XD

And I can fix Blue Gastro, no worries. :)

KuzKan

Hahah No worries, we all know the feels. I was so scared that my current team wouldn't work out, but surprisingly, it does alright. I had to go through some changes after testing a few things out, but testing on Pokemon Showdown and Pokemon Online were really helpful, so that I could make those small changes real fast. :)

yeah i think i'll give it a try today to see how it goes.
personally it bothers me not having a fighting nor a water move but i think i can manage xD
if it goes well i'll post the team later so you can update the OP ^^

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
OT:Myles
Trainer Sprite:Ace trainer
Age Division:Masters
Friend Code: 3740-7370-7605
Team: Don't know I'll let you know in two days

BGP_

Now that we're coming up on the week of the tournament, guess i should start fixing my team! Anyone have suggestions for last 2 slots of my current team (Hitmontop, crobat, mamo, rotom-w)? Hydreigon and metagross really didnt do anything, and cress and TR were somewhat of a pain to deal with, as well as gastrodon sometimes. Top and crobat are almost always my first 2 out and mamo and rotom have done really well together, so i wouldnt be surprised if I just go with 2 pokemon that dont fit well with the team at all but are just trolly counters to what those 4 cant take. Those 4 basically alone got me to a 1716 rating in the winter tournament and i wasn't home for 2 days so hopefully i can do better now that i'll be home this weekend!

KuzKan

So i was about to test my tean on pokemon showown and it wont let me battle because "Sableye has moves incompatible with its DW ability"
as far as i know fake out, will-o-wisp, sucker punch and recover can be learn in Gen5 normally through breeding and move tutors...
does anyone knows whats wrong?

Shreyas

@ KuzKan I think Sucker Punch + Recover + Prankster is an illegal combination. Since it gets Prankster, you can't tutor it sucker punch in gen 4. Therefore, it says it's incompatible with the Dream World Ability.

@ Bestgamepearl: How about a Ferrothorn? He us pretty viable in Trick Room, and he can destroy Gastrodon and take a lot of hits from non HP Fire Cress.

Last edited:

KuzKan

@ KuzKan I think Sucker Punch + Recover + Prankster is an illegal combination. Since it gets Prankster, you can't tutor it sucker punch in gen 4. Therefore, it says it's incompatible with the Dream World Ability.

yeah but you can teach it as an egg move :/

KuzKan

But, Sucker Punch and Recover are learned by two different groups of Pokemon, so they can't both be passed down through breeding.

in the club im in someone helped me already, i just gotta teach recover as an egg move in 4th gen and then proceed to teach sucker punch as tutor move and then breed that sableye with a DW female in 5th gen
i still dont know why its considered illegal on showdown but no big deal

in the club im in someone helped me already, i just gotta teach recover as an egg move in 4th gen and then proceed to teach sucker punch as tutor move and then breed that sableye with a DW female in 5th gen
i still dont know why its considered illegal on showdown but no big deal

I think it could work that way. I have no idea, but I did something like that with my Leafeon and taught it Iron Tail in Platinum and sent it over to my White. I don't know if I battled online with it that is. :/

KuzKan

I think it could work that way. I have no idea, but I did something like that with my Leafeon and taught it Iron Tail in Platinum and sent it over to my White. I don't know if I battled online with it that is. :/

it appears to have been just a weird glitch i guess, im sure i've seen some sableyes with that set before x)

Status
Not open for further replies.