• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 International Challenge Discussion Thread

Are you participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
For everyone in the Eastern Time Zone The WIFI tournament starts at 8:00 PM on the 24th

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Well, I don't see too many teams that have an all out weather team, but a lot of them run a weather+weather abuser offensive core. I've seen ALOT of Tyranitar+Excadrills, and Politoeds+Kingdras out there, so be sure to keep them in check.

Sssshh, just let me pass on this, just let it happen ;)

BGP_

Getting ready to do some testing on showdown. Always the highlight of my battling experiences, team building :/
Edit: Decided to throw in the suggested ferrothorn, and just for giggles a TR/Imprison Chandelure. More useable than hydreigon and metagross, but I can't help but feel ferrothorn is somewhat of a dead weight unless it's pure weather or I wanna abuse TR with solely him, and I have some issues with volcarona and excadrill. Chandelure is decent, nice for getting rid of TR and putting dents in most of the users. Other than that, he's just waiting to die as well. More tweaking/learning i guess! I won 5 battles i think and lost 2, one was kind of a dumb one on my part the other was just poor team matchup i guess.

Last edited:

Shreyas

Getting ready to do some testing on showdown. Always the highlight of my battling experiences, team building :/
Edit: Decided to throw in the suggested ferrothorn, and just for giggles a TR/Imprison Chandelure. More useable than hydreigon and metagross, but I can't help but feel ferrothorn is somewhat of a dead weight unless it's pure weather or I wanna abuse TR with solely him, and I have some issues with volcarona and excadrill. Chandelure is decent, nice for getting rid of TR and putting dents in most of the users. Other than that, he's just waiting to die as well. More tweaking/learning i guess! I won 5 battles i think and lost 2, one was kind of a dumb one on my part the other was just poor team matchup i guess.

Yeah... ferrothorn is one of those Pokemon that are a little difficult to use, but can change the course of some battles.
If you want some ideas... here's a video of me successfully using ferrothorn: 84-09866-44175

This is what I used:
598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Occa Berry
Brave(+Atk, -Spe) (0 Spe)
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 158 Atk / 100 Def
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Generally, the Ferrothorn can OHKO Rotom-W, offensive Politoed, and Gastrodon. It can also 2HKO T-Tar, take out MEtagross through leech seed stall, and work as a great check for rain. Gyro Ball can 2HKO most of the speedier threats like Latios and Garchomp. The thing is you probably should watch out for any SE moves, and avoid it from hitting ferrothorn, but outside of that, the rewards he can bring are great!

Sssshh, just let me pass on this, just let it happen ;)
;) just making sure I have a good chance of getting more championship points.

BGP_

Yeah... ferrothorn is one of those Pokemon that are a little difficult to use, but can change the course of some battles.
If you want some ideas... here's a video of me successfully using ferrothorn: 84-09866-44175

This is what I used:
598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Occa Berry
Brave(+Atk, -Spe) (0 Spe)
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 158 Atk / 100 Def
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Generally, the Ferrothorn can OHKO Rotom-W, offensive Politoed, and Gastrodon. It can also 2HKO T-Tar, take out MEtagross through leech seed stall, and work as a great check for rain. Gyro Ball can 2HKO most of the speedier threats like Latios and Garchomp. The thing is you probably should watch out for any SE moves, and avoid it from hitting ferrothorn, but outside of that, the rewards he can bring are great!

;) just making sure I have a good chance of getting more championship points.
I think my main problem was the EV spread, I've got a rather different EV spread that wasnt really getting me anywhere. Plus the Occa Berry might help as well

Shreyas

Yeah... the ev spread is usually the part I spend most time on, so I generally just run 252/252 when I can't think of anything else.

old man

On Guard!!!
Ok I've been testing on the GBU and snarl users and adamant ferrorthorne's are popping up everywhere. Kinda annoying so watch out

jstinftw!

hey trainer
So it looks like I've maxed out the number of images I can have on my original post, meaning, I can't add anymore images.

I'll keep that in mind for the new tourney though, and make separate posts for the Trainer stuff. :)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Aww, and I'm all ready for the tourney. Eh, nothing special though, haven't been in a Pokémon mood lately, so just using my classic team. But I guess it'll be nice to use them again not having done so in a while.

zozo

SLIMED!
Well, I transferred my team onto White 2, so I'm all set to go when this thing opens.
And while I was at it, I collected my Keldeo. Not like it will help me in this tourney, but it's cool that these things are both live at the same time. :)

R'linho

Retro Trainer
OT: R'linho
Trainer Sprite: Roughneck
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: 1936-8886-4378
Team: Ferrothorn, Weavile, Conkeldurr, Heatran, Terrakion, Slowbro

Good luck, fellas, enjoy the tournament!

Mega Typhlosion

Of course I'm going to enter :D

OT: Nuno
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 0175 9186 8480
Team: Ninetales/Tornadus-I/Typhlosion/Salamence/Hydreigon/Sawsbuck

joej m

Club Double Trouble
good luck to everyone!
PS justin, you need to change my team... i had a mix up with trading and i will have my old team instead with a salamence:
salamence, tyranitar, cresselia, excadrill, hitmontop, zapdos. i know so standard xDDD
it was gonna be creative though :p

Mega Typhlosion

I'm too sleepy to start now xD Why does this start at midnight? --'

Anyway, made a few training battles and I was able to check my team's readiness. The only change from the Winter Tournament is the addition of Hydreigon. Won't dare to change a team that's been doing so well :)

BGP_

Just finishing the team on the game, been practicing a lot on PS
Edit: First battle trolled a rain team real hard, but they d/c'd as soon as their last poke went down
Edit2: And just lost my first "official" battle thanks to D/C'er, pretty stacked team they had :/
Edit3: Won my first, 1-1 now
Edit4: Beat some japanese person with a rating 76 higher than mine.....D/C :/

Last edited:

Morpher01

Bewear my power
All right, got my Keldeo, and got my less-than-fantastic-at-first-glance team.

It's 8:00 PM EST. Let's do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.