• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 International Challenge Discussion Thread

Are you participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Alright everyone! The OP is updated with everyone's teams. Let me know if there are any changes, or you need to supply more information! :)

Shreyas

OT: Shreyas
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: <posting later>
Team: Volcarona, Metagross, Gyarados, Gastrodon, Virizion, Tyranitar

Zerogamer

am going with my trick room team with some small changes . want ask some people why do some people try to thunderbolt me when i use ludicolo its a water grass type.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
am going with my trick room team with some small changes . want ask some people why do some people try to thunderbolt me when i use ludicolo its a water grass type.

Fill up the sign up sheet! :D

And most people will do that cos it at least hits for neutral damage. Ludicolo is mainly weak to Flying and Bug, moves not everyone has. With Thunderbolt, at least they can hit Ludicolo for neutral damage, especially if it's STAB.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
This will be the first Wi-Fi tourney i've played since the Autum friendly so my team has been changed and i'm going to use a few new pokemon and the main one is going to be Suicune and I think a lot of people will be suprised but i'm hoping to pull off a few more victories then last time. I'll be in teh Masters divison so i'll know it'll be tough and I still got a lot of training to do over teh next week to get prepared but i'll be ready to roll.

Zachmac

Okay, so my dratini has been hatched. That only leaves Makuhita, and then EV/Level training left...

I think my team will be ready this time.

KuzKan

OT: KuzKan
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 0906 0885 3154
Team: Not fully decided

Nice to see some people that enteredd the previous friendlies x)
I hope you do well :D

Last edited:

Rhonder

Typhlosion's a beast, just make sure you give him adequate team support.

I'll keep that in mind :D Got any suggestions for that? I have a few ideas buuuuuuuuut...

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I'll keep that in mind :D Got any suggestions for that? I have a few ideas buuuuuuuuut...

I don't want to mess with any ideas you have by being too specific, but here's a few things to keep in mind when team building. Make sure you some good forms of speed control first and foremost. Typhlosion's fast, but is still out sped by a lot of common threats. Next make sure you have a way to take on Flash Fire abusers that will come in to take the free boost. Then there's pokemon that resist fire attacks. Most common ones take about 50% damage from a Fire Gem/ Sun boosted Eruption anyways, so just make sure you have a mon that can pick off at least about 60% from those pokemon before they can attack. Also be conscientious about priority moves and Wide Guard. You don't have to have a counter to priority attacks, just be aware that a lot of them will be aimed at Typhlosion. There's also countering rain and maintaining weather control, but that applies to every team.

How Typhlosion is used is important too. It can steamroll a lot of newer players right off the bat, but some more experienced players will know how handle it. In those cases it may be more beneficial to save Typhlosion for late game or not even bring it at all for a few battles. Typhlosion's mere presence will usually affect what pokemon your opponent brings into battle, so use that to your advantage.

OT: Trenton
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Friend Code: 4513 - 8309 - 3679
I love SERPERIOR, too!
Team: Working on it. :p

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
check out my RMT called: here comes the storm for a new team :) i would love some feedback before the tourney~

Morpher01

Bewear my power
I'm back and...probably not "better" than ever, but no matter.

OT: Nate
Friend Code: 1249-6879-5631
Team: Forretress/Liepard/Roserade/Altaria/Cofagrigus/Conkeldurr

...yeah, I'm going to get slaughtered.

MSK

I've entered again after coming 39th in Europe in the last tournament over Xmas I'm hoping to do a bit better this time.
I've tweaked my team a little but not sure on my last slot.

Tyranitar, Excadrill, Landorus, Uxie, Scizor . . . and the last slot is either going to be Cresselia or Latias . . . or I might even shove Volcarona in there to mess up the oppositions Scizor's and Metagross!!

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
OT: Aries
Age Division: Master Division
Friend Code: 2065 3142 0361
Team: Politoed, Kingdra, Rotom-W, Scizor, Tornadus, Ludicolo

I might switch out Cloyster though, I mean what's he gonna do in a double battle? Possible substitutes are Dragonite (Outrage, Extremespeed, Roost, Dragon Dance) Multiscale or Scizor (Bullet Punch, Swirds Dance, Roost, Bug Buzz) Technician

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
OT: Shreyas
Friend Code: <posting later>
Team: Volcarona, Metagross, Gyarados, Gastrodon, Virizion, Tyranitar
OT: KuzKan
Friend Code: 0906 0885 3154
Team: Not fully decided

Nice to see some people that enteredd the previous friendlies x)
I hope you do well :D
OT: Trenton
Friend Code: 4513 - 8309 - 3679
I love SERPERIOR, too!
Team: Working on it. :p
I'm back and...probably not "better" than ever, but no matter.

OT: Nate
Friend Code: 1249-6879-5631
Team: Forretress/Liepard/Roserade/Altaria/Cofagrigus/Conkeldurr

...yeah, I'm going to get slaughtered.
OT: Aries
Age Division: Master Division
Friend Code: 2065 3142 0361
Team: Politoed, Kingdra, Rotom-W, Scizor, Tornadus, Ludicolo

I might switch out Cloyster though, I mean what's he gonna do in a double battle? Possible substitutes are Dragonite (Outrage, Extremespeed, Roost, Dragon Dance) Multiscale or Scizor (Bullet Punch, Swirds Dance, Roost, Bug Buzz) Technician

On it!!! (10char)

dragonskull

Dark trainer
I have yet to start playing my White 1 and Black 2, I tend to go serious in competitive battling. But until I complete my platinum (and before that my Colosseum and XD), I tend to not start with those first! :p

Ristor

OT: Greg
Friend Code: 1679-2226-4735
Team: Hydreigon, Jellicent, Heatran, Jolteon, Togekiss, Whimsicott

Zak Attack XIII

Ace Trainer
OT: Zak
Trainer Sprite: Ace trainer
Friend Code: 0991 9564 8082 (White2)
Age Division: Masters (1987)
Team:
2012 Strongest Garchomp, 2012 Strongest Tryanitar, 2012 Strongest Metagross, 2012 Strongest Scizor, McDonalds Hydreigon, Anime tie in Thundurus

I just threw together a team of good flawless Event pokes I had sitting around.. I wanted my team to be all Event Pokemon in Cherish Balls, just for looks, so I just grabbed the coolest/strongest Events, in Cherish Balls, I had. I'm really just playing for the Barry and for fun. I EV trained the pokes and changed their moves but other then that I'm just rollin with what I picked, no strategy or anything. I'v used this team a few time before in past tournament and have always placed top 10% which isn't bad. Plus I get to look (or maybe just feel) cool using all Events! X )

Last edited:

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
OT: Anthony
Friend Code: 2108-6509-9829
Team: Sableye, Reuniclus, Heatran, Gastrodon, Amoongus, Porygon2

Hopefully I can do better than the 295th place I got in the winter competition.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
On it!!! (10char)

You can't say "from the Sweden" it's "from Sweden" :p Also it says "Shreyas' Team" but it's my team. Also, all my Pokemon are shiny since I have a shiny trade shop (dunno if you can fix that, it's not that big of a deal) :)

Added a saying/message aswell: I'll battle with ADAPTABILITY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.