• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 International Challenge June (Official Play! Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament)

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
OMG, I had that happen to me as well...did he have a Rain team? Luckily for me the score got through, but I couldn't save the video. I'm counting it as both a DC and a win though because that's basically what it was.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I probably should have been less safe with my Volcarona this tourney...I don't run Quiver Dance because of the use of Rock Slide and for some reason I though the Rock resist berry was a better choice then Bug or Fire Gem (It was an old set...get off my case).

not just for you joltik but come on people!!! dont give your stories about DC's and RQ's, cause it happens to everyone -_-

Last edited:

MSK

not just for you joltik but come on people!!! dont give your stories about DC's and RQ's, cause it happens to everyone -_-

But Joej you know how we all love to moan it helps us justify ourselves :) lol

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I just wanted to know if it was the same guy because that's exactly how it went down for me. The guy forfeited but during the saving process I got the player disconnection screen. I honestly didn't care about DCs this time, but I found it silly to click forfeit only to basically RQ during the saving process

MSK

Lol, still can't help myself!!! Just came back on and had 2 matches against the same player ^SH from California I think? He was just over 1500.
1st game I won 3-0 thanks to some good prediction, then it matched us up again and I'll admit I was worried as facing the same person twice normally results in a loss as they know how to play me, so I swapped it up and thankfully got a 4-0. This should definitely be enough to push me over the elusive 1700 mark!!!! If it has (because I've definitely definitely stopped now lol) then I will be extremely happy with my team in what is unfortunately the final tournament of the year :( oh well

I would also like to give my MVP of the tournament award to . . . . . . Breloom!!! This last minute addition to my team has been an absolute legend, Bullet Seeding everything to pieces, Mach Punching things away and Sporing the more difficult things. However I don't think it would've done half the damage it has done had it not been for my item choice.
LUM BERRY!! Yes a simple Lum Berry has been the difference, numerous people tried to Burn him with Will-o-Wisp, put him to sleep with Hypnosis or Spore and Paralyze him with Thunder Wave and every time he just shrugged it off and KO'd them right back. :)

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Calling it quits after 30 battles want to keep my rating above 1500 this time :p

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
Ouch, sorry to hear that Quantum. I hope you get your revenge against the RNG next time.

EDIT: Japanese guy surrenders like a man, then RQ's like a git as the rating was calculating... Wow -.-;

Thanks for that. I may want to readjust my battle strategy, because I am seriously losing the arms race, especially against trolls who use Trick Room like they owe it money. Might want to join the ranks of these trolls, including the one who thought a Minimize Blissey and a Psych Up anything was a good idea (It was. I lost the battle. I wonder how カズキ did eventually.).

The only tourney that I got more than 1500 was the Spring Friendly last month, and that was because I am more accustomed to the single battle format. (Also, Jolly Darmanitans turn almost everything into dust) Furthermore, you don't get Japanese in the game, who can and will f**k your sh*t up like in the normal double-battle competitions. (The only person I won against was an American. All others were Japanese. Do the math.)

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
Thanks for that. I may want to readjust my battle strategy, because I am seriously losing the arms race, especially against trolls who use Trick Room like they owe it money. Might want to join the ranks of these trolls, including the one who thought a Minimize Blissey and a Psych Up anything was a good idea (It was. I lost the battle. I wonder how カズキ did eventually.).

The only tourney that I got more than 1500 was the Spring Friendly last month, and that was because I am more accustomed to the single battle format. (Also, Jolly Darmanitans turn almost everything into dust) Furthermore, you don't get Japanese in the game, who can and will f**k your sh*t up like in the normal double-battle competitions. (The only person I won against was an American. All others were Japanese. Do the math.)

Just wanted to say but there are no more confirmed wifi tourneys because they were just trying to make it so they get up to american nationals so people could get a little CP before worlds.
the next probable one is a beginning cup for x and y and chances are most strategies will be significantly better/worse because of the metagame shift.

also how in the world is TR a troll tactic...? it is easy to stop... faster fake out... rage powder/follow me to redirect the fake out of theirs and then spore with the other mon...REVERSE THE TRICK ROOM... imprison it...? TAUNT? ._.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
well we have till September....so I really hope there is at least a friendly.

I want to test this team again. When does the extended maintenance on the GBU end, in EST?

no it is 100% sure that there won't be. the schedule was released a while back. thats it for gen 5... sorry dude >.>

jstinftw!

hey trainer
also how in the world is TR a troll tactic...? it is easy to stop... faster fake out... rage powder/follow me to redirect the fake out of theirs and then spore with the other mon...REVERSE THE TRICK ROOM... imprison it...? TAUNT? ._.

I'm going to have to agree with this. As a huge advocate of Trick Room, in no way is Trick Room a troll tactic. In fact, its probably the most anti-meta strategy. It takes a lot of skill and strategy to run a successful Trick Room team, since you need to be able to properly. Analyze and predict your opposing team, otherwise you could easily become a fish out of water. Like joej m said, its not hard to stop Trick Room, especially now where everyone is adding anti-Trick Room techs into their teams.

The troll tactics, from your comments, would be things like that Minimize Chansey that everyone hates (and is also not limited to Trick Room) as well as Psych Up anything. Trick Room just creates the best environment for that kind of strategy.

Anyways, I unfortunately did not get a lot of time to play. My college classes just started up and my school is big on quizzes and stuff, plus I have a super inconvenient schedule. I'm going to leave out the part where I played Animal Crossing. I also did not do too well in thefew matches I played in, but they were all really good games. Super close, and it really just came down to comfortability with our teams and the metagame. I definitely was on the losing end of that, as I havent played much competitive since moving to the Philippines, and I built myteam out of old Pokemon+ Shedinja.

That said, I really like shedinja. If you can properly manage the field and bring Shedinja in late-game, taking out all possible threats and playing your dead bug conservatively, you can pretty much secure your victory, especially since people have started optingHP Ive or Grass over HP Fire. HP Flying is a little annoying, however. I definitely want to work with Shedinja again. :D

All in all, because I played so little, and expected little, I had a good tournament. One ragequitter which, as I read from joej m a while back, you reallycan't avoid them, so its a little pointless to get all warmachine on them/because of them. You lose in that situation, althoughI do get its frustrating when youre in the higher levels. But I played pretty creative teams (*COUGHCOUGHTRICKROOMBELLYDRUMSNORLAXCOUGH*), and in the end, really just played to have fun this tournament. :)

Oceanlab1

Anyone have any idea when we can expect the rankings to update? It's my first tourny so I have no idea when it's usually done. So far I only see a bunch of japanese people on the rankings.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
If you have a play Pokemon account and
opted to championship points you can see your country/area rank

I got 1st place seniors in North America of all people who are opted to recieve points :D
The world rankings will probably come out shortly.

Last edited:

MSK

Rankings have been released for June IC but only if you check your Play Pokémon account, not on Global Link.
I finished 18th in European Masters, 2 Championship Points. Mega Happy with that :)
Can't wait to see how I did overall once they put it up on the Global Link.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
Whats all this player ID and PIN hobknob?

championship points are what you get when entering a wifi/ IRL tourney if you get a ranking that is specified to win Play! pokemon points.
these points lead to:
Byes in the one round at North American nationals (must be in top 16 CP) (championship points, or play points) in your division to get a bye, and the top players from each country (if the country participates) will go to worlds.

player ID is just your code or ID that stores your information (amount of CP, division, name etc).
you can create an ID on the Play! pokemon part of your trainer account on pokemon.com
it won't be much use right now unless you plan on going to indianapolis for nationals though, but one for next year could never hurt ;)

Last edited:
According to my Play! Pokémon page I finished 36th in Europe. Not bad...maybe I should have persisted and tried to grind out a few more wins to bump that up.

Still, 2 CP for that. Now to wait on the Global Link results to find my overall standing...

joej m

Club Double Trouble
How do you check this on your Play! Pokemon page?
Well first off, do you have a play pokemon account?
If you do, go to your settings and make sure that your information that says "requires your actual address" is filled out, and then scroll down and you should see a check box where you can either check off:
Yes! I do want CP (something like that)
No. I would not like to opt into championship points
click the top one (yes) and then go to the section that says play pokemon account, scroll down, and there should be tourney information~!

Status
Not open for further replies.