• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 International Challenge - March (Official Play! Pokemon Wi-Fi Tournament)

Will you be playing in the 2013IC-M?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aschur

The Fool
I'm still working on my team, been trying to build a non weather using counter to weather teams. Specifically counters to Kingdra in the rain and Excadrill in sand. I'll either post it when its done or edit this post with it.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
OT: Jam L.
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 3440 0907 8860
Team: ;450; , :639: , :645: , :508: , ;423; , ;212;

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
anyone like to battle sometimes?
FC: 5458 9353 0367

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well I'm almost done making my team, the only problem is I can't properly test it on Showdown because I keep losing to the severe lag I'm facing. One jerk even had the nerve to claim I was stalling despite the fact he was beating me 4-2...of coarse the timer runs out before my attacks come up. From what I could assess when I used them before this issue, the team should be pretty decent.

So from here on out, I've already got one person who wants to practice against me, if anyone else chooses to do so, just send me a VM/PM. My code is in my signature and on the first page

joej m

Club Double Trouble
just wondering... why are there so many gliscor's?
i am using one myself, but i have never seen so many xD
are people using them as more of a creative idea (like me) or are they regular pokemon they use? because gliscor is a very uncommon site in vgc.

Joltik-Kid

are people using them as more of a creative idea (like me) or are they regular pokemon they use? because gliscor is a very uncommon site in vgc.
I'm using Sand Veil Gliscor because of my fighting weakness and because I'm a Sand team. Not sure for everyone else though. Maybe STAB Earthquake?

joej m

Club Double Trouble
I'm using Sand Veil Gliscor because of my fighting weakness and because I'm a Sand team. Not sure for everyone else though

regardless of being a sand team, they get very little usage. i have never battled one in my life.
most people prefer garchomp and excadrill and landorus for a sand sweeper.
but anyway i am using my because of hyper cutter, which makes attack drops do nothing, making it a complete hitmontop and scrafty counter. also for taunt. i am kinda trick room weak without taunt on my team, and landorus and excadrill can't get it.

The Master Chief

are people using them as more of a creative idea (like me) or are they regular pokemon they use? because gliscor is a very uncommon in vgc.

Well its obviously the attack of the gliscors lol. They have been increasing in usage lately

Joltik-Kid

regardless of being a sand team, they get very little usage. i have never battled one in my life.
most people prefer garchomp and excadrill and landorus for a sand sweeper.
but anyway i am using my because of hyper cutter, which makes attack drops do nothing, making it a complete hitmontop and scrafty counter. also for taunt. i am kinda trick room weak without taunt on my team, and landorus and excadrill can't get it.
Because I like to be a little more original then others... plus I forgot about Excadrill's Sand Rush. I could actually make a useful Landorus-T given it's lower speed though and more useful ability. Huh, guess I really didn't think this all out XD

they have 95 attack -.-
also i am using mine as a sand counter, because a well put together sand team easily counters rain teams.
Lileep is my rain counter :) and Ferrothorn too I guess

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
well the fact that rain often has thundurus-T w/ focus blast or hitmontop's it will need good playing to be a counter. plus ferrothorn walls out rain completely.

Joltik-Kid

well the fact that rain often has thundurus-T w/ focus blast or hitmontop's it will need good playing to be a counter. plus ferrothorn walls out rain completely.
You know what I hate about Focus Blast? It's always like a 100 accuracy move for my opponent, but 30 accuracy move for me. Regardless, Lileep survives most Hitmontop CCs unless it's got a Fighting Gem.

Did you finally get that DR Landorus-T so you could use Thundorus-T?

jstinftw!

hey trainer

KuzKan

I wish i could help woth that rmt but i still have alot to learn xD
about the other subject... i... never play practice matches before the tournaments, or ever for that matter ><
i should start studying more pokemon and practice but im so lazy xDDD

old man

On Guard!!!
I've been seeing good stuff n TR n sand teams on the GBU. Main reason for me testing snot lax and Breloom on this team.

Joltik-Kid

Someone was asking about the International Challenge RMTs, and the lack of them, so I got on top of things and did one. :)

Also, while I'm here, why don't we talk about the metagame. What is everyone commonly seeing in their practice battles, be it Showdown, PO, or GBU? Seeing waht everyone is practicing with could give a hint towards what we'll most likely see during the tournament. Are Rain teams the big thing right now? Sand? Trick Room? Standard Goodstuffs?
From what I could get from my laggy attempts to continue my testing on Showdown the other day, TR and Rain were in big usage. Of coarse I couldn't properly test because I keep timing out because my opponents were impatience.

I've been seeing good stuff n TR n sand teams on the GBU. Main reason for me testing snot lax and Breloom on this team.
Good thing I have Gliscor, the bane of Breloom ^_^

Shreyas

Someone was asking about the International Challenge RMTs, and the lack of them, so I got on top of things and did one. :)

Also, while I'm here, why don't we talk about the metagame. What is everyone commonly seeing in their practice battles, be it Showdown, PO, or GBU? Seeing waht everyone is practicing with could give a hint towards what we'll most likely see during the tournament. Are Rain teams the big thing right now? Sand? Trick Room? Standard Goodstuffs?

I've been practicing online a bit, and to be honest, It's actually all over the place @.@
I've seen an increase usage in Arcanine on the GBU, but that's probably more of a coincidence. Tyranitar + Excadrill core are in most of the battles, so be sure you're ready to be fighting them. Surprisingly, I haven't fought a single Politoed + Kingdra core, or any rain teams at that matter. I've seen Kingdra in non rain teams though, which is interesting.

Joltik-Kid

I've been practicing online a bit, and to be honest, It's actually all over the place @.@
I've seen an increase usage in Arcanine on the GBU, but that's probably more of a coincidence. Tyranitar + Excadrill core are in most of the battles, so be sure you're ready to be fighting them. Surprisingly, I haven't fought a single Politoed + Kingdra core, or any rain teams at that matter. I've seen Kingdra in non rain teams though, which is interesting.
Surprising enough, the Politoad + Kingdra lead is the least of my troubles, the Excadrill + Tyranitar lead could prove deadly for me though

MSK

I've got a Kingdra on my Sand Team lol.
I found that if I come up against a Rain team, then slipping him in means if they get control of the weather then I can still give them a taste of their own medicine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.