• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Will you participate in this new tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Yeah it is in this tournament rules
Sky Drop and Dark Void are banned
Sky Drop to? Is there also some glitch with it that happens in rotation battles to, or are the moves just not allowed in the battle box?

KuzKan

I have no idea tbh :/
but its a shame since Darkrai is one of my favorites, maybe i'll still use him but without Dark Void... idk D:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
you could try paring it with an amoonguss maybe. then put them to sleep with amoonguss and then do you crud with darkrai. or try a specs set maybe.

KuzKan

you could try paring it with an amoonguss maybe. then put them to sleep with amoonguss and then do you crud with darkrai. or try a specs set maybe.

i Thought about that but with victreebel maybe, victreebel is a pretty fast poke under the sun
And im right in front of Darkrai so I gotta think of a set and everything else so i can catch a good one xD

Zachmac

Aw man...I've spent pretty much all day soft resetting, and after all this time, the best Kyurem I could get has 5 HP Ivs. It's special defense is perfect and it's defense is at 26, so it should hopefully be fine, but now I'm just exhausted.

Breeding is one thing, but when I have to pay attention...how do shiny hunters do it?

KuzKan

Aw man...I've spent pretty much all day soft resetting, and after all this time, the best Kyurem I could get has 5 HP Ivs. It's special defense is perfect and it's defense is at 26, so it should hopefully be fine, but now I'm just exhausted.

Breeding is one thing, but when I have to pay attention...how do shiny hunters do it?

Patience... lots and lots of it
And some luck of course

Shreyas

Most shiny hunters do it for the value, and feel that RNGing takes away from it.

I don't RNG because I find it to be a pain to learn, and since I breed most of the time, it actually isn't that important.

Yeah, learning RNG abuse takes a while, but the rewards are great. You spend A LOT less time putting teams together, which gives you more time to play with it.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
have you ever tried using poke check? legit pokemon, a lot of flawless, they got all the pokemon, probably one of every nature and flawless EV's for trick room and other tactics included.

KuzKan

have you ever tried using poke check? legit pokemon, a lot of flawless, they got all the pokemon, probably one of every nature and flawless EV's for trick room and other tactics included.

But it loses ALL the fun if you download pokemon :/
At least for me, i always loved breeding and Sring, even after learning how to RNG i still do.
Its so fun to o things yourself instead of just doing that imo
i ont judge whomever does that tho, not everyone has the time or the oportunity to breed their team or just sit around SRing or RNGing

joej m

Club Double Trouble
that is what i do when not getting perfect IV's.
lets put it this way:
the ones that aren't for competitive i kinda love as family
the ones that are for competitive i still love, but they are kind of like traded players on a football team. they aren't my direct fam, but i make sure they are the best of the best.

KuzKan

Well you could just "pay" or ask to a friend to breed or RNG omething for you xD
I mean... i'm thinking about opening a trade shop but one of the rules will be that i only want unique pokemon, and by that i mean if i pokechek them i want to be unique in there... because having pokemons that people already have is like that im working for nothing since i could just download them.
Iª mean... why work if i can have them for free right?
But i actually wanna "work", i get more satisfaction out of it ><
I ont mind playing against people that use pokesav for example, or that download pokemons from pokecheck... i wanna have a great match xD
Each one does what he can... i understand that, i really do x) and no one will be less of a trainer or battler or whatever just because they ont o that themselves you know?
is just like i said before... not everyone has the means nor the time for that.
Just enjoy the game your way x)

Zachmac

I'll admit, I also get a lot of satisfaction out of breeding pokemon. The only thing that annoys me is soft resetting legendaries, but I still get satisfaction after I'm done with the SRing part.

Also, even though it's been ages since I've tried it, Pokecheck just plain confuses me. I never managed to get it to work, and I don't understand how it works either.

Lorenzo The Comic

Pokémon Maniac
I think we ought to get to some stopping point with obtaining Pokémon in this thread. Pokécheck, or any of the sort can be equivalent to using 3rd party means. Anyhow, instead of Darkrai I'll choose Mewtwo. There should be a few Pokémon to get taunted.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
OT: Thing
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 1893 9069 3350
Team: Genesect, Gastrodon, Abomasnow, White Kyurem, Jirachi, undecided 6th member.

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Pokemon cannot use Sky Drop or Dark Void in battle.
Hmm, so this basically prohibits the USE of it right? Meaning having either on a Pokemon while battling would be equivalent to that Pokemon only having three moves right? Or would it just be prohibited altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.