• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Will you participate in this new tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Well, 5 out of 40 finished would put you at 5/45 or~ 11%, so that'd be why. it's 10% if you have 1600 or over rating. Like i mentioned earlier, it's kinda stupid they stated all that since some people realize tehy can RQ 1 out of 11 matches without penalty.
Um, actually they DQ you if your disconnect rate is 10 or more points higher than the overall average disconnect rate amogst all players. Give that you said your disconnect rate was 18% would suggest the overall average disconnect rate was at least 9%. Recalculating shiftn's disconnect rate myself, I come up with a disconnect rate of ~18%. So either he forgot about an opponent who disconnected on him, or TPCI rounds to the nearest .1%. I know they fault your opponents' disconnects against you, otherwise I would only have one disconnect counted against me because my router crapped out on me when the game was sending the battle results.
If only my disconnects are faulted against me, then my disconnect rate should be 1/36 = ~3%.

ludiloco

Wow rank 472 with 1620 rating using a pretty messed up team without Ubers. I'm satisfied.

Well, I only regret that I forgot to teach ice beam to my Starmie before the registration and because of that I hardly used it at all.

23W 10L

I only fought 33 times and some of those loses were because many of my dual chops missed and without my Garchomp I was completely vulnerable to those Uber dragons.

Waiting for the next tournament. Now where's my berry?

old man

On Guard!!!
WOW I got a rank of 308 in Master class!!!!! Yea that's my best score since these tourneys started!!!!!!

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
I was in the Jr/Sr one.

Yeah that's pretty good. I got 158 out of the 2005 participants for Jr/Sr. Also note that you might need to specify with these guys since a large amount of players here at Serebii are in the Masters division.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
WOW I got a rank of 308 in Master class!!!!! Yea that's my best score since these tourneys started!!!!!!
Just goes to show that singles and in extension, rotations, are easier to comprehend then doubles, given the games are mainly single battle based. Though I'm finding a certain strive in creating double battle teams

Zachmac

Just goes to show that singles and in extension, rotations, are easier to comprehend then doubles, given the games are mainly single battle based. Though I'm finding a certain strive in creating double battle teams
Nah, it's just that half the people that entered had no idea what they were doing, so it was easier to beat them.

Most people I fought just threw in completely random teams. In the previous tourny, most people had very competitive ones.

Joltik-Kid

Nah, it's just that half the people that entered had no idea what they were doing, so it was easier to beat them.

Most people I fought just threw in completely random teams. In the previous tourny, most people had very competitive ones.
You were lucky then... over 50% of my opponents did know what they were doing

MSK

I agree in part as I fought a lot of people who never rotated at all which made it easy to rip them apart, but others had really thought about it and knew exactly what they were doing.

old man

On Guard!!!
I agree. Skynet always tried to get me to play doubles when the League was around and I tried many times to get rotation in but it didn't happen.
Right now I am trying to work on a new doubles team. Going slow for me since doubles is still very new to me.

Joltik-Kid

I agree. Skynet always tried to get me to play doubles when the League was around and I tried many times to get rotation in but it didn't happen.
Right now I am trying to work on a new doubles team. Going slow for me since doubles is still very new to me.
I found that lileep is a huge success in doubles on my Sand Room (Sand + Trick Room) team

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
What i found was a lot of people where using moves only supper effective against the guy in front, so i would rotate in anticipation, and in turn one shot their pokemon with a super effective move. It was as if no one was being smart about the rotations, and many of my opponents were as predictable as can be. It also seemed as if a lot of the all uber teams were not trained at all, and that lead to my Latias surviving a blizzard from a mewtwo, and killing it with a Draco meteor, and that in turn caused me to win.

Joltik-Kid

What i found was a lot of people where using moves only supper effective against the guy in front, so i would rotate in anticipation, and in turn one shot their pokemon with a super effective move. It was as if no one was being smart about the rotations, and many of my opponents were as predictable as can be. It also seemed as if a lot of the all uber teams were not trained at all, and that lead to my Latias surviving a blizzard from a mewtwo, and killing it with a Draco meteor, and that in turn caused me to win.
You know your opponent is inexperienced when they put Blizzard on a Mewtwo... :p Sure the extra power seem nice, but Ice Beam will always get the job done and is far more accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.