• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Will you participate in this new tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Soul Dew is illegal. :(
What? Okay, this'll be the last time I just skim through the rules...geez, soul dew is illegal and Arceus isn't? I guess this means light clay...

Geez, they really need to improve this whole tournament system. I'd set it up so that you could have different rules for different tournies, not just species. First Dark Void, now Soul Dew...ugh.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
I wish Soul Dew wasn't illegal, makes me a tad bit sad :(

ReshiramBlue

Doubles Contender
OT: Oji
Trainer Sprite: Preschooler
Age Division: Senior
Friend Code: 2495-1942-8916
Team: Kyogre, Jirachi, Arceus-Fighting, Zekrom, Giratina, Tornadus-Incarnate Forme

EDIT- Can someone help me with team synergy? Im trying to keep defensive calm mind kyogre and specially defensive jirachi due to their powerful walling cores (Mewtwo, White Kyurem, Groudon, etc...

Last edited:

Zachmac

OT: Oji
Trainer Sprite: Preschooler
Age Division: Senior
Friend Code: 2495-1942-8916
Team: Kyogre, Jirachi, Arceus-Ground, Palkia, Giratina, Tornadus-Incarnate Forme

EDIT- Can someone help me with team synergy? Im trying to keep defensive calm mind kyogre and specially defensive jirachi due to their powerful walling cores (Mewtwo, White Kyurem, Groudon, etc...
I can't help you with synergy...but I can suggest that you give something rain dance. Weather wars are very hard in 4vs4 rotation, since you want to avoid swapping out, so if the sun goes up against you, it's up for good.

Also, the team I'm bringing is in my sig.

Douchemon

Scientist
Will just slap all my OP legendarys together for the berry and some fun.

Regenerator ho-oh, Psychoboost lugia, Deoxys D, Water pulse / Mimic rayQ, Counter Groudon, Mimic Kyogre, Selfdestruct Counter Mewto, Counter Selfdestruct gengar :>

Mimic Them Recovers/Roost yo. Always heal never die. Gen 3 OP moves. So 6 of these. Not sure yet, might just run with double weather airlock to fk over weather teams.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Signed for it. And my team might possibly be Dream World vote Arceus, Dialga, Rayquaza, Dream Radar Giratina, FEB2012 Mewtwo, and Shiny White Kyurem.

Shreyas

Ohhhh! Giratina may not be a bad pokemon to put on my team :D

I'll sign up for it this weekend :3

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Ehhhhh...I'm probably going to compete, but I'm still deciding on what team I'm going to use. After my horrendous performance last tourney (ranking being in the 20,000s...conversely, my Winter Battle ranking was around the 900s), I'm hoping to do better. My biggest issue is the use of legendaries this tourney: I'm still debating on whether or not I should add one (NO MORE THAN ONE) legendary to my team as something of a "last resort" member, given that there's going to be legendaries coming out of the woodwork in this one.

Any thoughts/advice for me?

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Ehhhhh...I'm probably going to compete, but I'm still deciding on what team I'm going to use. After my horrendous performance last tourney (ranking being in the 20,000s...conversely, my Winter Battle ranking was around the 900s), I'm hoping to do better. My biggest issue is the use of legendaries this tourney: I'm still debating on whether or not I should add one (NO MORE THAN ONE) legendary to my team as something of a "last resort" member, given that there's going to be legendaries coming out of the woodwork in this one.

Any thoughts/advice for me?
Hmm, none that I can name off the top of my head, that is, since you are familiar with the metagame (judging by what you said.) All I'll say is you might want to build a diverse team that can suffer little damage from legends but also give a good punch as well. Also there might be a decent amount of weather teams being used here, or at least, Groudons and Kyogres, seeing as they are famous when being used in the Ubers metagame.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
Signed up with my team.

Bulky Special attack Rotom.

Mewtwo, with EVs in speed and special attack.

Latias with same EVs as mewtwo.

Common build Scizor

Now that i think about it, i have a little too much Special attackers lol.

Zachmac

Signed up with my team.

Bulky Special attack Rotom.

Mewtwo, with EVs in speed and special attack.

Latias with same EVs as mewtwo.

Common build Scizor

Now that i think about it, i have a little too much Special attackers lol.
Nah, with Psystrike, having mostly special attackers isn't a problem.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
What? Okay, this'll be the last time I just skim through the rules...geez, soul dew is illegal and Arceus isn't? I guess this means light clay...

Geez, they really need to improve this whole tournament system. I'd set it up so that you could have different rules for different tournies, not just species. First Dark Void, now Soul Dew...ugh.
Actually Dark Void is totally cheap and Soul Dew makes the Lati Duo overpowered. :p

ReshiramBlue

Doubles Contender
I am still ridiculously undecided about my team. Can anyone please read my RMT and offer suggestions?

Arande

Still thinking what to do. With everyone bringing out raw power and legendaries, curious if it'll be worth bringing a lv 1 aron to troll with. Albeit you gotta watch out for giratina and turboblaze/terravolt.

Zachmac

Still thinking what to do. With everyone bringing out raw power and legendaries, curious if it'll be worth bringing a lv 1 aron to troll with. Albeit you gotta watch out for giratina and turboblaze/terravolt.
Aron is the most evil thing to exist, especially in rotation battles.

Though I hear Ghost Arceus is rather popular in Ubers. You've got a lot to watch out for.

ReshiramBlue

Doubles Contender
^The move Chatter

Devlinvl

OT: James
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: 2752-8986-5781
Team: Dialga, Reuniclus, Bronzong, Tyranitar, Heatran, Gastrodon

Pokemon I am terrified to face: Extremekiller Arceus. Arceus, PERIOD. Groudon. Kyogre. Shaymin Sky Forme. I'm running sand trick room because I look at the metagame and want to run in the other direction. I WISH I had picked up a Rayquaza somehow, This team desperately needs its mixed stats, ability, and resistances.

ReshiramBlue

Doubles Contender
^Sky Forme shaymin cant be used in the battle box, so dont worry.

Zachmac

OT: Zach
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: Too lazy.
Message: GARBODOR bothers me. (Though I might change this to something else later)
Team: Dialga, Whimsicott, Reshiram, Kyurem-Black, Latias, and I haven't really decided on the last one. Maybe Murkrow.

Team Change!

Murkrow, Genesect, Rehsiram, Black Kyurem, Dialga, Giratina.

Status
Not open for further replies.