• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Will you participate in this new tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreyas

OT: Shreyas
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Age Division: Master Division
Friend Code: 3225 4376 5228
Team: Kyurem-W, Mewtwo, Groudon, Ludicolo, Bronzong, Giratina

Don't forget me xP

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
Nah, with Psystrike, having mostly special attackers isn't a problem.

But with what i'll be facing, will it be enough? I never play in the Ubers, so i'm not 100% sure what i'm gonna see.

Zachmac

^Eh..I'm not fully sure either. All I really know about ubers is what I've read on Smogon and a few things I've heard from other Serebii members.

But if one thing is certain, you'll see a lot of dragons.
Actually Dark Void is totally cheap and Soul Dew makes the Lati Duo overpowered. :p
Late response, I only noticed this post now...

Ubers in a nutshell: Cheap and overpowered pokemon fighting cheap and overpowered pokemon sometimes with some less cheap pokemon that have advantages over certain overpowered pokemon.

Everything is fair game here.

Last edited:

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
^Eh..I'm not fully sure either. All I really know about ubers is what I've read on Smogon and a few things I've heard from other Serebii members.

But if one thing is certain, you'll see a lot of dragons.
Late response, I only noticed this post now...

Ubers in a nutshell: Cheap and overpowered pokemon fighting cheap and overpowered pokemon sometimes with some less cheap pokemon that have advantages over certain overpowered pokemon.

Everything is fair game here.

I know at least my Latias should outspeed every dragon but Latios or a choicescarf Latias.

ReshiramBlue

Doubles Contender
Can someone once again look over my team? I fear I have too many special attackers.

Zachmac

I know at least my Latias should outspeed every dragon but Latios or a choicescarf Latias.
Besides the Latis, I think the fastest Dragon is Palkia, with base 100 speed. Though Scarf is probably a bad idea; since it's a rotation battles, you want to keep swapping out to a minimum.

But, then again, Dragon has pretty good coverage by itself.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
I really wanted to try out some more ubers, but i didn't have the ones i wanted EV trained as well as i would have liked, so i went for pure speed and power for the major part of my team.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
After much mental debate I have decided that I WILL enter the tournament WITHOUT Legendaries! After checking the level's of in game and (Most) WiFi distributions I have determined that they can't be effectively EV trained. I've also battled Legends in Battle Revolution so I still think my team can at least get a few wins. ;)

Haydinho

Im after some training in prep for the comp - 6 on 6 rotation battles - PM me

Shreyas

Im after some training in prep for the comp - 6 on 6 rotation battles - PM me

It's going to be kind of hard to do, isn't it? I thought it was impossible to change the flat rotation battle rules to change the rules.

Arande

You can always just do open rotations.

and fffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Finally got my 3ds fire emblem thing. Realize there's that minimum score, making it physically impossible to get my multiscale lugia. That and my ES arceus's IV's are apparently crap. I've got both vote ones still in the high link of my black and white, I just really really hate high link RNGing >.<

Speaking of ES arceus, was giong to bring my aggron to deal with it. Curious how many people will be expecting the sturdy/custap stuff (metal burst, then priority endaevour fun)

In short: Gota scramble to finish what I had planned, yay mind games.

old man

On Guard!!!
Finishing Eving Arceus (Blasted spac att wing doesn't come as fast).But the remainder of my team is: Jirachi, D-nite, Palkia (is my main team) Shaymin and heatran round out the remaining for fire/water/steel core. Wish i could just get some practice in with these guys before the tourny starts. This is gonna be fun. Just have to remember that it is a rotation battle.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that my Arceus will be holding a Dread Plate (Dark type). Just make a note of that.

Last edited:

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Okay, I finally got my team figured out and registered.

OT: Nate
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 1249 6879 5631
Team: Darmanitan/Cradily/Gengar/Ambipom/Zoroark/Kyurem-B

Small note: Kyurem is only there for when I inevitably get stuck up against legendaries. If I run into someone without legends, then I'll be using everyone EXCEPT Kyurem so as to be fair.

Anyway, I'm hoping to do better after my horrendous performance in the previous tourney. I got 922 in the Winter Battle...then I dropped to 20,000-something in the International Challenge.

The time for improvement is NOW. I've practiced with my team, I've gone through team revisions...let's freaking do this.

Zachmac

Small note: Kyurem is only there for when I inevitably get stuck up against legendaries. If I run into someone without legends, then I'll be using everyone EXCEPT Kyurem so as to be fair.

Anyway, I'm hoping to do better after my horrendous performance in the previous tourney. I got 922 in the Winter Battle...then I dropped to 20,000-something in the International Challenge.

The time for improvement is NOW. I've practiced with my team, I've gone through team revisions...let's freaking do this.
Just so you know, almost everyone will be using legendaries, except the rare minority that refuse them.

jstinftw!

hey trainer

OT: Nate
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 1249 6879 5631
Team: Darmanitan/Cradily/Gengar/Ambipom/Zoroark/Kyurem-B

Yeah, like Zachmac said, this will be a Legendary predominant tournament. All these players are excited to use these Pokemon that they havent even touched before; no way they'll pass up this opportunity to legally use them. I'm pretty against Legendaries myself, but I'v got a 5/6 Legendary team because, honestly, where else will I use them?

Just a heads up. I noticed youre intent on doing better, and I felt it best to let you know that at least 95% of the players will be using full or predominantly Legendary teams. Just look at our SPPF Registrations. So unless you add more Legendaries to your team, youre going to be hardpressed keeping up. But gooduck! I admire hour valor. I was tempted to do the same, but the above-mentioned reasons changed my mind. xD

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
sucks to say that i wont be participating in this tourney.
good luck to you who are participating though!

Status
Not open for further replies.