• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Will you participate in this new tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Yeah, like Zachmac said, this will be a Legendary predominant tournament. All these players are excited to use these Pokemon that they havent even touched before; no way they'll pass up this opportunity to legally use them. I'm pretty against Legendaries myself, but I'v got a 5/6 Legendary team because, honestly, where else will I use them?

Just a heads up. I noticed youre intent on doing better, and I felt it best to let you know that at least 95% of the players will be using full or predominantly Legendary teams. Just look at our SPPF Registrations. So unless you add more Legendaries to your team, youre going to be hardpressed keeping up. But gooduck! I admire hour valor. I was tempted to do the same, but the above-mentioned reasons changed my mind. xD

You're probably right, but even if I wanted to, I've already put my team in the Digital Player ID, so I can't change it. XD I know there will be Legends in abundance this tourney, but for the most part I'm too lazy (and lack the necessary time) to raise up Pokemon that I'll barely even use (plus I'm still trying to raise up all my non-Legends for transfer to X/Y's inevitable third version). Good luck to you, too, though! Hopefully, the anti-Legendary counter-measures I've prepared in my team will be sufficient.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Updated most of the registrations. Lorenzo's and one other person (3rd page I believe) isn't up because I don't have access to the preschooler sprite AT THE MOMENT. I'll have it up in a few hours, ideally.

Everyone else who was skipped over was because of the lack of a team. I want to make sure everyone has a team set before I go ahead and post up the registrations, as I noticed last time that what happened was they simply just didn't tell me what their team was later. Also, if you voted in the poll and didn't fill up a form, I didn't get your information. If you want to have spot on the registration pages, please VM.

Thanks guys! Sorry this took so long.

old man

On Guard!!!
OT: Skillz
Trainer Sprite: Ranger
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: gotta check
Team: Jirachi, Arceus, Dragonite, Palkia, Shaymin, Heatran

MSK

Hey jstinftw, sorry to be a pain but I've changed my team due to time constraints and realising I don't actually have the event Victini I wanted.

Team is now Reshiram, Genesect, Wobbuffet, Heatran, Azelf, Mewtwo.

Not expecting much just want the berry, plus still annoyed about being disqualified from the last tournament because of RQers :(

Arande

Just throwing this out there to the above, shadow tag does not stop rotating.

Anyways Finally have my team all finalized, albeit I am still debating items. Dunno why I'm posting details incase I run into people :p

Ditto @ salac (imposter of course, for epic lolz)
palkia @ LO (expecting to see a lot of dragons, and kyogre. overall good coverage)
lugia @ lefties (yay bulky tailwind user. Ice beam for the dragons, and aeroblast. only 150 base power, but save haetram nothing really resists it, plus that extra chance for crit hax)
mewtwo @ expert belt (fast, powerful, type coverage, that thing)
arceus @ liechi (normal extreme killer. Most go ghost, but yeah, ignores the ghost attacks. It's rotations, prediction skills activate)
aggron @ sitrus (even a +2 stabbed ES from arceus can't break a sub, plus mind games since people will probably be thinking the metal burst > custap'd endaevour set)

edit: in hindsight should I keep palkia? or go with my initial thought of offensive giratina?

The issue with items is I wanted to have that edge in power, at the same time choice items are very risky in rotations since you don't get the chance to really switch out (pick 4, 3 are already on the field, you can not rotate AND switch, so it's risky business, same for draco meteor spam) Salac on ditto may be weird, but as I said, scarf could be risky. Could still try it.

And shamelessly throwing this on there as well since I got the shiny new FE 3ds. Gimme FC's >:D 4527 7711 4773
my mii is lonely, plus it'd be interesting seeing when who is actually aprticipating.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Poor chatot, one of the pokémon I was really excited for when Diamond and Pearl was new.

Kinda nervous about the new battle format and the ability to use legendaries (no problem with it, but afraid trainers will have overpowered teams or something). How do rotation battle work again? You bring in four of the six pokémon of your team?

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to register for the tourney, but I can't log in. I was logged in earlier today, so not sure what's going on. o_O

Last edited:

Arande

In short, bring up to 6, choose 4, 3 are sent out at once (only 1 to switch, which is why it's risky to use things like choice and draco meteor) ONLY the FIRST poke will have their ability activate for ones taht work when sent out (IE, weather, intimidate) if you send out the 2nd or 3rd poke with such an ability, it will NOT activate, even if rotated to.

Each player can rotate to a different poke and choose an attack, effectively giving you 12 attacks to choose from, but whatever poke uses that will rotate to be active.

inactive pokes are still on the field, but turn effects (IE, taunt duration, poison damage) will only apply per turn to the active poke. This also means you can say, rotate to a poke, use a stat boost move or sub, rotate to a different one. Said boost or sub will still be in effect if you rotate to that poke again. (yes, sub is powerful in rotations)

Also support moves are a lot stronger too since you dont have to spend a turn switching, like screens, tailwind, and WISH.

Yeah, rotation battles are all about prediction pretty much. A lot more than singles witht he rotating AND attacking the same turn.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks. I knew the very basics, but there's some info there that was news to me (such as the info on weather bringers and intimidate and such). Still fairly new to the new battle modes.

Well, providing I can log into PGL, I think I know what team I'm going to use.

Last edited:

Ristor

OT: Greg
Trainer Sprite: Breeder
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 1679-2226-4735
Team: Kyurem, Rashiram, Dialga, Zekrom, Arceus, Palkia

I'm playing to win it all.

Last edited:

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Well, got my battles started. My first one was against someone named Kevin, who apparently didn't get the memo about how everything not named Chatot was allowed in this tourney. Despite that, he wiped the floor with me due to his Mismagius knowing Heal Bell and throwing my paralysis strategy right out the window.

My next one was a win in my favor, with a battle video here: 27-32199-42985. I had Gengar use Destiny Bond at the end due to not wanting to risk Darmanitan being nailed by some suped-up Techno Blast or something along those lines. Slightly jerkish move, I know, but...yeah.

EDIT: 4 losses and one win thus far...and the main reason I lost the last one was because a shiny Kyogre killed my Kyurem-B straight away with Sheer Cold. :(

Last edited:

ReshiramBlue

Doubles Contender
how come my team isnt showing on the profile

Zachmac

Well, got my battles started. My first one was against someone named Kevin, who apparently didn't get the memo about how everything not named Chatot was allowed in this tourney. Despite that, he wiped the floor with me due to his Mismagius knowing Heal Bell and throwing my paralysis strategy right out the window.
Wait, it starts today? Gah, I had my schedule set up so that I'd finish my team tomorrow.

Arande

nm, found it. usually it's mroe obvious and just wanted to double check something.

Last edited:

Morpher01

Bewear my power
About to start, but I want to double check something, it is still lv 50 flat right? dont want to sign up with my 55 poke to find out it's not XD

Yep, everything still drops to 50 if you're above that level. It's a different story if you're under 50, though...

Starting to get my momentum going, and I'm winning more matches now, although I think I've had my fill for tonight. I'm finding a surprising amount of people with non-Legendary teams, ran into 4-5 so far.

Last edited:

ReshiramBlue

Doubles Contender
OT: Oji
Trainer Sprite: Preschooler
Age Division: Senior
Friend Code: 2495-1942-8916
Team: Kyogre, Jirachi, Arceus-Fighting, Zekrom, Giratina, Tornadus-Incarnate Forme

Looks like this guy is gonna once again forget my team...

Zachmac

Eh...I guess I'll just spend tonight EV training. Giratina didn't pick up that many bad ones anyway...I just had it level up three times.
PKMN Breeder Justin (jstinftw!)
Masters Division
0175 9162 4631
From the Philippines.
"May GARBODOR safely land on YOU."
You know, Justin, I get the slight feeling these Garbodor comments are because I said it bothered me...

It is, isn't it?

Arande

6-0 so far. Albeit one team was underleveled ingame, and the ohter only brought a kaldeo. Also had a match against a hail team, but me having legendaries didn't matter. Pretty much went aggron used sub (blizz only hit for 25%) autonomotize, then headsmash everything!

Tailwind on lugia, in a rotations match, it's a beautiful thing. In hindsight I probably should have gone modest instead of timid on palkia and mewtwo. Yes scarfed kyogres don't scare me at all.

MSK

Great!! not the way I wanted to start :( 1st match against Lea (from Germany) and she disconnects after I KO her 1st pokemon.
After getting booted from the rankings last time cos of idiots RQing I'm really gonna be gutted if it happens again this time :(

Well wasn't expecting much 0-2 now, just gotta get enough games to get the berry and qualify for rankings.

Last edited:

Shreyas

oh god... this already started? D=
I'll begin later tomorrow. Hope this goes well for me :3

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Eh...I guess I'll just spend tonight EV training. Giratina didn't pick up that many bad ones anyway...I just had it level up three times.You know, Justin, I get the slight feeling these Garbodor comments are because I said it bothered me...

It is, isn't it?
Hahaha!!!

I noticed that too! XD

But no, I genuinely like Garbodor! It's really weird, but I like him as a Pokemon. But for all intents and purposes, let's go with what you said. xD

Anyways, time to battle!!! But not really. I'm going to finish updating the front page first with everyone's registrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.