• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2014-2015 Sales Prediction

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=761882
^thanks to donny2112

Seeing as how NeoGAF has started their yearly sales prediction, I would like to have the same kind of thread here on Serebii forums! The rules are basically the same. Just click on the link, and follow the first post. But if you're too lazy, this is the format to do it on.

[360]
[3DS]
[PS3]
[PS4]
[WIU]
[XB1]
[Vita]

Good

[360] 2500K
[360] 2500000
[360] 2,500,000

Bad

[360] 2.500.000
[360] 2.5 million
[360] 2.5m
[360] - 2.5 m
360 - 2 million

Here was the correct reported NPD (US only) sales in 2013 for all consoles
[3DS] 3840K
[360] 3070K
[PS3] 2180K
[PS4] 2000K
[XB1] 1820K
[WIU] 1210K
[PSV] 450K

But in this thread, we can also predict EU, JPN, and total worldwide sales. Just indicate which region you are predicting. You can also write your reason why you predicted, but it's not necessary.

Well, enough talk. Here's my prediction for

US
[360] 3333K
[3DS] 4000K
[PS3] 3528K
[PS4] 4999K
[WIU] 1780K
[XB1] 4450K
[Vita] 1000K

PS please don't try to predict absurdly high numbers, like Nintendo did with 9M Wii Us worldwide. Also, I like my Vita, but I highly doubt it will reach 3DS sales for this year. Or if you are seriously sticking with such a high number, give a reason why. Like maybe 1/4 of every PS4 owner will get a Vita for remote play and as another controller.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I find it funny that M$ is giving you $100 if you give them your PS3 towards a XBone.

You can save $100, keep your PS3 and buy a PS4 instead.

I don't even know what Nintendo is doing. It's like, they don;t want you to buy their system

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Nintendo is going to die this year

Nothing will save it and no one will feel sad

Abstinence Pistols

Micheal Pachter is that you?

This just in: Seconds after Michael Pachter's prediction of Nintendo's bankruptcy Nintendo stock skyrockets seventy percent.

I don't know what the big deal over sales is, to be honest. The Dreamcast didn't sell well at all and that was a fantastic console. It should boil down to quality, not sales.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
This just in: Seconds after Michael Pachter's prediction of Nintendo's bankruptcy Nintendo stock skyrockets seventy percent.

I don't know what the big deal over sales is, to be honest. The Dreamcast didn't sell well at all and that was a fantastic console. It should boil down to quality, not sales.

The same with the Gamecube. It had many great or amazing games, yet people got the PS2.

The main thing is, I don't see this being a good generation for Nintendo. Games will be great and all, yeah, but I think Nintendo is expecting another Wii/DS thing where as they'll probably have the 3DS sell closer to 100 million, while the Wii U sell 30-50 million based on data so far. I just don't see what happened last gen happen this gen.

Nightblind249

I think Nintendo's main issue is that theirs no library nor is there games coming out that aren't original enough to go and purchase a WIIU. Mostly for the WIIU Nintendo has stuck with their staples meaning Mario and more Mario with a splash of children games base on movies or the lego series. The only games imo on the WIIU are MH3U, LOZ:WW, Wonderful 101 and that's about it. The rest I can buy on an PS3 or 360, that is until Bayonetta 2 (if) comes out. But so far XB1 doesn't have the greatest line up either, they have falling into Nintendo's rut of making games from previous games. So we have Game X instead or original games.... PS4 has some hope looking over the possible line up and yet they have the same Game X issue as well. The Vita is a dying system and it might come back is they release the VitaTV thingy in Europe\USA. So that leaves the 3ds which is really the only console that still has some potential left in it, and yet Nintendo keeps making Mario and more children games for it. Personally game companies need to stop making clones or try to reproducing nostalgia every time they make a game and come up with something original........ Sorry for the rant, but the age of gaming it becoming too simplistic

Rezzo

Occasionally
they'll probably have the 3DS sell closer to 100 million

There's no way on God's green Earth that I can see this being a realistic figure. There's two main things letting the 3DS down considerably, and that's advertisement and competition. People will still be convinced that the 3DS these days is just another DS. Also these same people probably think that the 3D option is a mandatory feature. As for competition, The 3DS can't come close to matching up with the boom in mobile phone gaming.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
There's no way on God's green Earth that I can see this being a realistic figure. There's two main things letting the 3DS down considerably, and that's advertisement and competition. People will still be convinced that the 3DS these days is just another DS. Also these same people probably think that the 3D option is a mandatory feature. As for competition, The 3DS can't come close to matching up with the boom in mobile phone gaming.

3DS has already sold over 35 million. They say they've shipped over 42 million as of December 31st, so 100 Million in 4-5 years doesn't seem as unrealistic to me as say, the Vita selling 100 million

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I find it funny that M$ is giving you $100 if you give them your PS3 towards a XBone.

You can save $100, keep your PS3 and buy a PS4 instead.

You could probably trade your PS3 in for more than $100 to a reputable dealer, then put that money toward a real game console.

And by that, I mean a Vectrex. You thought I was going to say a PC, didn't you?

I don't even know what Nintendo is doing. It's like, they don;t want you to buy their system

Eh. I feel like they're not leaning on a gimmick with the Wii U as hard as they were with the Wii, but that means that game companies have to prove themselves as capable of creating good games that don't rely on novelty. So basically, companies should do like Ubisoft does and re-release their best games again.

Alternatively, the Stamper brothers need to go form a new video game company and make Nintendo a new IP that will give me a reason to care about Nintendo's consoles. I know, some people would say (and perhaps rightly) that I'm just sitting here worshiping the old heroes to the detriment of good modern-day devs, but I kinda think the best modern games are the two most recent Saints Row games, so I think most people would rather I not change my mind.

The same with the Gamecube. It had many great or amazing games, yet people got the PS2.

Yeah, the Gamecube did have some good games of its own, though (and good versions of some games -- impressive since single discs had less than half the storage space of DVDs, but it seemed to work in their favor -- games generally seemed to have less load time, so e.g. the Gamecube version of killer7 was the better of the two). Like, you know, Metroid Prime. The PS2 was just generally more attractive for a few reasons. I'd probably still rather have Metroid Prime than most of them, but with MGS2, MGS3, six Armored Core games, the Ratchet and Clank series, Final Fantasy X, the really good port of Rayman 2, Sly Cooper, most of the good Guilty Gear titles... plus you could still play your old PS1 games on your PS2, and there were a metric shitload of those -- like Legend of Mana, Klonoa, the Crash Bandicoot games, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve, and yes, all of the PS1 Final Fantasy games were good -- that were well worth your time and money. (Slightly less so now that the only conditions you can get games in now are "in shards" or "still shrinkwrapped, appraised, rated and inflated.") So, it's kinda hard to justify buying the Metroid Primecube if we're looking at library (and assuming we can all get all of these games without committing acts that are illegal in about 37 states), because the PS2 had a monstrous library all its own on top of backwards-compatibility.

The main thing is, I don't see this being a good generation for Nintendo. Games will be great and all, yeah, but I think Nintendo is expecting another Wii/DS thing where as they'll probably have the 3DS sell closer to 100 million, while the Wii U sell 30-50 million based on data so far. I just don't see what happened last gen happen this gen.

I don't see this number, but there are very few DS games that aren't Pokemon (or ports) that have actually grabbed my attention. Maybe if we can get something like The World Ends With You 2, I'll be more likely to see those kinds of numbers. Or at least Lock's Quest 2. Not that that would sell systems, but it would be pretty cool.