• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2014 Fanfiction Awards - NOMINATIONS

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Would it be possible to get an extension through the weekend for nominations?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Would it be possible to get an extension through the weekend for nominations?

I was going to put in the extension to February 26 anyway, so I may as well go ahead and do it now.

Dragonfree

Just me
Hey. Just to let everyone know, I've just edited some nominations:

- Removed Creepychu's (not Cutlerine, whoops) nominations for The Best Game, as discussed previously.
- Moved PhalanxSigil's nomination for Anima Ex Machina: REBOOT in the Best New Pokémon Chaptered Fic category to Best Pokémon Chaptered Fic, as the fic is not only a reboot but also started in 2013.

Additionally, a couple of other concerns I noticed while going through things:

- Kukansis, nominated for Best New Writer, started PMD: Sentience at 4:17 AM UTC on January 1st 2014, but actually won the same category after being nominated last year. Presumably it makes sense to move that nomination to Best Established Writer since we agreed to disqualify The Best Game, no? (I have to suggest we make the general cutoff point be midnight UTC, though, so that unless they were already nominated in the 2013 awards, stories posted from 00:00 UTC January 1st 2014 to 23:59 UTC December 31st 2014 are eligible for the 2014 awards. Since this is a forum with members all over the world, UTC just makes the most sense as the canonical timezone for something like this.)
- The sample review Negrek provided when nominating me for Most Helpful Reviewer is from 2015. I'm honestly not sure whether that should be allowed or not; on the one hand, it is only a sample and not being nominated in itself, but on the other hand, this is the 2014 awards and the assumption is that people are being nominated for what they did in 2014, so it would make sense if samples were samples of their reviews in 2014. Opinions?

Do what you need to with the stuff I've nominated. Honestly, I didn't remember he was nominated for it last year, so it makes sense.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
The sample review Negrek provided when nominating me for Most Helpful Reviewer is from 2015. I'm honestly not sure whether that should be allowed or not; on the one hand, it is only a sample and not being nominated in itself, but on the other hand, this is the 2014 awards and the assumption is that people are being nominated for what they did in 2014, so it would make sense if samples were samples of their reviews in 2014. Opinions?
Whoops. I do think review samples should be from within the story eligibility time window; people change their review habits, after all. That was just an oversight on my part, and I'll get it fixed up in a second.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
And so because my phone is horrible, I'm going to post what little I read last year for nominations... I'd include why I chose 'em, but I'm in a bit of a rush...

Best New Pokemon Chaptered Fic
[thread=636830]Context Switch[/thread]

Other Fic Awards

Best Setting
Best Expansion of Canon
[thread=630145]Fairy Tale[/thread]

Most Heartbreaking Fic
[thread=639837]Felix[/thread]

Pokemon Genre Awards

Best Comedy Fic
[thread=630145]Fairy Tale[/thread]

Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fic
[thread=621816]Operation: Saltus Valley[/thread]

Best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fic
[thread=632630]Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Broken Ideals[/thread]
[thread=625612]Pokémon: Convergence[/thread]

Character Awards

Best Non-Human Supporting
Character
Sir from [thread=621816]Operation: Saltus Valley[/thread]

Dragonfree

Just me
I've entered TheCharredDragon's nominations into the system.

The number of nominations at this point is adequate, but could be better. It is possible for the deadline to be extended again if there are members who think they'll be able to get in nominations with an extension; is there interest in getting more time to nominate?

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
For me? Yes. I'm starting to remember I read a bit more than I thought. I think. My memory is still jumbled but I'm gonna look around. But should I edit my previous post with added nominations or just put a new post, if someone else otger than me posts, of the added nominations?

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
My nominations are in. My apologies for waiting to the last minute. Usually I write comments to accompany my nom's but I just didn't have time and have been much too stressed out with life stuff to articulate anything comprehensible. I'll do better next year. Good luck to all!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
If there is another extension I think a week is all that is needed to be given. Got to cut it off and get on with the voting at some stage, and the numbers aren't too bad IMO. Maybe there should also be a focus on the categories with less (or no) nominations than others.

Creepychu

The horror
I could probably think up a couple more nominations if I put my mind to it, but I'd be lying if I said I thought that was good enough excuse for another extension. That being said, it seems to me like the best use for any remaining nominations would be either getting people who haven't voted at all in or getting a broader spectrum of opinions on the categories that already have votes, since there's quite a few ones with only one or two votes across the board that could probably really use a tiebreaker. While the empty categories are a shame, it's not like a single-vote category is going to establish much either, you know?

Last edited: