• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2015 Fanfiction Awards: RESULTS

The Teller

King of Half-Truths

Firebrand

Indomitable
Oh my god, I only came here to make a generic congratulations quote for the winners but I saw solovino's post saying I'd won a category and went and checked... I am so bad at reading fanfiction and keeping up with this section that I didn't even know I was nominated. I mean granted, I didn't get votes in most of the categories I was up for but the fact that I was nominated at all... I tend to only post a one shot a year here and the fact that at least one person decided to nominate me makes me so happy. Whoever you were, thank you so much.

All I gotta say is, Cutlerine, I hope you're happy. This win is all your fault.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Oh my god, I only came here to make a generic congratulations quote for the winners but I saw solovino's post saying I'd won a category and went and checked... I am so bad at reading fanfiction and keeping up with this section that I didn't even know I was nominated.

*high fives!*

On a serious note, congrats to you and all the folks who also won! (Speaking of Cutlerine, if anyone deserves that title, guuuuurl...) Lots of fascinating fics made the ballot this year, even with its supposedly low turnout in comparison to years gone by, and honestly, the fact that we're still putting out pretty cool stuff is really what matters here. So here's hoping the next awards will be chock full o' stuff just as interesting as these ones were, and to those of you continuing the chaptered fics that were nominated this year, here's hoping I'll see you on the ballot again. Otherwise, good luck to everyone else, and keep up the good work!

Likewise, thanks to the folks who ran the show this year as well. This year seems to have been one of the smoothest ones I've seen, so I do hope you all get plenty of well-deserved rest after wrangling the ballots like pros.

And, of course, thanks to all of you who nominated yours truly. Always an honor. ♥

DarkerShining

Wow, Reflecting Balance got second place in the best PMD fic category? Thank you so much, those who voted for it! That means a lot to me! I see one of my minor character also got a mention in a couple of categories, so thanks for that too! And congratulations to everyone else who won and got nominated too!

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
All I gotta say is, Cutlerine, I hope you're happy. This win is all your fault.

Of course! I didn't actually nominate Ironside for that category, but I did nominate it, and I'm delighted it won something. It was a well-deserved victory.

(Speaking of Cutlerine, if anyone deserves that title, guuuuurl...)

Thank you! I think. I am bad at receiving compliments. It's pretty amazing, and I'm very honoured, to have won everything that I did (ten awards! ten! how does that even happen to someone?), especially both of those author awards; that seems a hilariously unlikely outcome to me when I think of the other writers on this forum who were in the running, and it's -- I don't know, heartening seems too weak a word, maybe, but it'll have to do -- and indeed humbling to think that people are that interested and invested in my weird, overlong, pseudo-mythical, frequently canon-breaking stories. Thanks so much to everyone who nominated or voted for me. It means an awful lot. (Especially to those of you who voted for Edie as Best Non-Human Supporting Character. I love anyone who indulges my fervent belief in the adorability of porygon.) And further thanks, of course, to everyone who nominated and/or voted at all! You brought a lot of fics some much-deserved attention, and the variety on the ballot this year is wonderful to see. Congratulations, as well, to everyone who was nominated and indeed who won. Like I said, there are a lot of really deserving fics on the list this year, and I'm pleased to see them there.

A fourth and final set of thanks to the organisers who ran the awards; Jax is right, this year seems to have gone super smoothly, and that's no mean feat. Let's hope next year goes as well, and is as full of delicious and varied fare as this one.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
A bit late to the party, but seeing the results was really exciting! I see a lot of well-deserved nominations and wins, and some fics I must now check out!

So many thank-yous to everyone who nominated and voted for me! It was a pleasuring tying in first with Bay for Most Heartwarming Scene, and seeing my fics on the ballot and getting a few votes was really touching.

Thank you to everyone who nominated and voted, and the biggest thanks go out to the organizers, who ran such a smooth Awards season! Here's to another great year of writing!

~Psychic

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
It's almost June 2016 and I'm finally looking at these! I'm so in love with all of the fics and writers who got first place; congratulations Cutlerine, Sike, diamondpearl, Dramatic Melody, Jax, and everyone else! And I knew you were going to bag it, of course.

Like any other year, I'm always happily astonished to see that my fics got some votes and nominations. Thank you so much for believing in me! I'll try to make this year an even better one for the fans of The Progression. And my reviewing style.

And of course, congratulations to the organizers for a super smooth awards this year! I loved the web interface and how you made things so transparent and lawful. And I'm going to try to do better at actually participating next year, I hope...

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
^Beat you for being the last one in :p

So, well over a month after these results have been released, I finally get around to saying "thank you" to everyone who participated! I'm really touched that my works (BOTH of them!!) were nominated! The authors that are on this website are great, and I'm honored to have been nominated alongside them. Thank you so much to everyone who is a part of this forum, and I'm sorry that I didn't participate in this year's nominations or voting ._.

Congratulations to all of the winners! Dramatic Melody, Cutlerine, Jax and all of the rest! You guys 100% earned it :)