• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2015 RPG Ball discussion thread!

Psychic

Really and truly
We're coming up on that time of year again!

We try to throw an RPG Ball each Halloween, wherein you can choose any RP character you've created and join in on a casual holiday RPG where characters from all kinds of fandoms and universes can dress up, have a good time and enjoy the holidays together!

We usually post the sign-up thread mid-October, but this year you get to weigh in! What would you guys like in a casual party thread? Would you like there to be any kind of plot, or do you prefer a sandbox where everyone can just hang out? Is there a certain theme you'd like to see? Any restrictions you think should be put in place? Anything you liked/disliked from past Winter Balls?

Otherwise, what are you looking forward to for this year's Ball? What character will you be bringing? Any costume ideas? Spill the beans!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
~Psychic

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
I am fairly new here but that sounds amazing! Out of curiosity what has been done in the past?

Psychic

Really and truly
I am fairly new here but that sounds amazing! Out of curiosity what has been done in the past?
Glad you like it! Usually the Balls are very much free-form RPs where all characters are invited that are meant to be ongoing from October to December, starting as a Halloween costume party and evolving as the season goes by. The location changes from year to year, so here's what we've done in the past:

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, now's the time to voice them! :D

~Psychic

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Unless I change my mind by the time the thread comes up, I'll probably use André again (He'll be wearing a Sylveon costume this time.) He'll be my regular party guest. xD

Sylveon.png

What would you guys like in a casual party thread? Would you like there to be any kind of plot, or do you prefer a sandbox where everyone can just hang out?

I'd like there to be a plot, but I know people enjoy the sandbox thing. Maybe there's a way to have both?

The only thing I disliked from the past ones, is that we never actually made it to the Christmas portion. :p We were in Halloween mode the entire time.