• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2016-2017 NBA/NCAAB Thread

Genos

The Indigo Disk
It's more like comes the playoffs the Clippers never get past the 2nd round (western semi-finals). They can be a good team but they're always missing a "piece" for some reason.
They could've got PG13, if they didn't draft Al-Farouq Aminu before him.

Tsk Tsk

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
That block shot by GINOBILI! LOL at Harden trying to flop on that play

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
LOL total domination against the Rockets tonight and Harden of course was a no show. I guess he didn't recovered from that OT lost in Game 5.

Spurs vs Warriors in the NBA Western Conference Finals. This should be a good match and I'm rooting for the Spurs all the way.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
And they did it without Kawhi! LOL Rockets

I still think Westbrook should win the regular season MVP award over Harden.

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
I think that the spurs will upset the warriors in the wcf.

You can never count them out. They've been contenders for 20+ years.

ebevan91

The Spurs are like the New England Patriots of the NBA. They have a great system that just works and has been working for the past 20 years or so as you said. They're more business-like and will bring in what they need rather than a bunch of superstars and egos. They can bring in new players and coach them up into good role players. They might be boring, but boring wins games and championships.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
And they did it without Kawhi! LOL Rockets

I still think Westbrook should win the regular season MVP award over Harden.

and without Tony Parker. I wasn't surprised that the Spurs transition so quickly knowing that their best player (Kawhi) not playing. But I was very surprised that Houston Rockets didn't capitalize it and of course as we all know Harden choked, he was a no show in OT and Game 6 with those costly early turnovers.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Wizards and Celtics are going to Game 7. Hopefully whoever wins this series gives the Cavs all they can handle. The Cavs need a challenge finally.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The Wizards and Celtics are going to Game 7. Hopefully whoever wins this series gives the Cavs all they can handle. The Cavs need a challenge finally.
Sadly, we kinda know whose going to the NBA Finals for the eastern conference.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Wizards and Celtics can only win in home games so Boston more than likely will win on home court,that is if the Wizards stop feeding Bradley Beal the ball so much in crunch time.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Sadly, we kinda know whose going to the NBA Finals for the eastern conference.

Sad but true. If it's Warriors vs Cavs again I won't bother watching. I would rather see Celtics or Wizards vs the Spurs. Something different would be nice for a change.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Sad but true. If it's Warriors vs Cavs again I won't bother watching. I would rather see Celtics or Wizards vs the Spurs. Something different would be nice for a change.
Well Spurs lost today and can't even maintain that 20+ points lead and without Kawhi. Pathetic.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Well Spurs lost today and can't even maintain that 20+ points lead and without Kawhi. Pathetic.

The Spurs definitely choked the lead away. Damn. Best player playing or not, that's a choke job for sure.

So it will be the Warriors versus the Cavs for sure. Unless the Celtics or Wizards do the unthinkable and knock off the Cavs.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Um... losing a 25 point lead to one of the best teams in history without your best player is a choke job? Lol? I don't think a single team in the league would even hold themselves to that standard. Name one team who wouldn't do the same. Just one. In this NBA.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Um... losing a 25 point lead to one of the best teams in history without your best player is a choke job? Lol? I don't think a single team in the league would even hold themselves to that standard. Name one team who wouldn't do the same. Just one. In this NBA.

You can spin it however you like, but a choke job is a choke job. They blew a 25 point lead. Facts are facts. With, or without your best player, blowing a 25 point lead is pathetic. I would be saying the same thing had my favorite team blown a 25 point lead.

Basketball is a team game. Kawhi isn't the whole entire Spurs team. The Spurs have been playing good team basketball for years. There were times when Duncan, Ginoboli, and even Parker couldn't play when they were all younger. The Spurs still managed to win games.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
There were times when Duncan, Ginoboli, and even Parker couldn't play when they were all younger. The Spurs still managed to win games.

And what times were those?

losing a 25 point lead in today's league is actually common place with the amount of threes the league takes nowadays. add in the fact that this is probably one of the best teams ever assembled and it's not that crazy.

basketball is a team game? this isn't football. basketball is more superstar and talent driven than any other American sport. you'd be delusional to think any contender still contends if they lose their best player in the middle of a game.

edit: also https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-warriors-dont-start-trying-until-theyre-down-15/

warriors are the best team from behind.

ebevan91

Well the Celtics won the series tonight so a Warriors-Cavaliers finals is basically all but confirmed now. I don't expect the Warriors to sweep though. Celtics might win a home game vs. the Cavs. WCF will have already played 2 games the day before the ECF starts. Lebron gets so much rest...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
And what times were those?

losing a 25 point lead in today's league is actually common place with the amount of threes the league takes nowadays. add in the fact that this is probably one of the best teams ever assembled and it's not that crazy.

basketball is a team game? this isn't football. basketball is more superstar and talent driven than any other American sport. you'd be delusional to think any contender still contends if they lose their best player in the middle of a game.

edit: also https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-warriors-dont-start-trying-until-theyre-down-15/

warriors are the best team from behind.

Do I really have to waste my time and give you every single time? You will just reverse or dodge everything I throw out there. I forgot. This is the internet. There's sports experts all over the place, and they think they are right about everything.

I've always viewed basketball as a team game. Why have a full team then? LeBron James was complaining earlier this season that the Cavs needed more superstars. He's the best player in the NBA isn't he? He can carry the Cavs all by himself right? If basketball isn't a team game he doesn't need the help...

I'm just going to end this discussion before it turns into a pointless argument that will go absolutely nowhere lol.

Well the Celtics won the series tonight so a Warriors-Cavaliers finals is basically all but confirmed now. I don't expect the Warriors to sweep though. Celtics might win a home game vs. the Cavs. WCF will have already played 2 games the day before the ECF starts. Lebron gets so much rest...

I hope the Celtics can contend with the Cavs. I would love to see a Game 7. We'll see.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
i'm just going to refer you to the following stats:

Warriors run was 18-0 as soon as Kawhi went down.

Posted before: Warriors are the best team in the NBA from behind double digits.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_wKI0iW0AEbt4I.jpg

if these three things all don't mean anything, you know nothing about basketball, and it has **** to do with being an expert.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
i'm just going to refer you to the following stats:

Warriors run was 18-0 as soon as Kawhi went down.

Posted before: Warriors are the best team in the NBA from behind double digits.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_wKI0iW0AEbt4I.jpg

if these three things all don't mean anything, you know nothing about basketball, and it has **** to do with being an expert.

I never said that those stats don't mean anything. First of all, you don't even know me lol. I knows tons about basketball. I've played it most of my life, and I still play it to this day. I'm not a couch potato sports fan. Just saying man. Also, I'm not saying you're either. I don't want you to assume things.

Basketball is a team game to me. I'm sorry, but I don't have to agree with every single person here. I'm not like that. I have my own thoughts and opinions. It's not like I'm shoving my thoughts and opinions down people's throats. That is all lol.

Last edited: