• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2016 NBA Offseason

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
With the NBA regular season now over it's time to gear up for the playoffs!

Last night Kobe Bryant dropped 60 points in his final game. What a way to end your 20 year basketball career. He scores 60 points and the Lakers win.

The Golden State Warriors finished the regular season 73-9. That's an incredible team accomplishment.

Last night was very memorable. :D

Time for the playoffs!

Basketball fans, feel free to discuss.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The NBA playoffs are here yes, but if I ran things Chicago would be in the playoffs while Houston would not.

I want to see a playoff format which puts the top 16 teams by record regardless of conference in the postseason, but nominally divides them by conference. Under this format, if one conference has 9 or more teams in the top 16, the teams among the top 16 overall that placed below 8th in their own conference get sent to the other conference's playoffs.

Under this format, Chicago, at 42-40, would have been the 8th seed in the West (losing tie-breakers to Memphis and Dallas), and the 41-41 Houston Rockets would be staying home. The Bulls, fittingly enough, would face the team that broke Chicago's 20-year-old record for most regular season wins in a single season, Golden State, in the first round (the first time the Bulls played a Western Conference playoff series since 1977, and first time playing the Warriors in the postseason since 1975). The Bulls would probably be done in 4 games, but this system would work well.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It's nice to see the Pistons back in the playoffs for the first time since 2009....

The last time the Pistons were in the playoffs the Cavaliers swept them. Many people think the same thing will happen again. Honestly, I don't see the Pistons getting swept. However, I think the Cavaliers will indeed win the series. I could see the Pistons giving the Cavaliers headaches, though. I'm just glad to see the Pistons back in the playoffs.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
With the NBA regular season now over it's time to gear up for the playoffs!

Last night Kobe Bryant dropped 60 points in his final game. What a way to end your 20 year basketball career. He scores 60 points and the Lakers win.

Not dissing Kobe, but "the Lakers win", is just.. well.. they came in last during the regular season.. If not getting into the Playoffs wasn't bad enough, ending up last is.

The NBA playoffs are here yes, but if I ran things Chicago would be in the playoffs while Houston would not.

I want to see a playoff format which puts the top 16 teams by record regardless of conference in the postseason, but nominally divides them by conference. Under this format, if one conference has 9 or more teams in the top 16, the teams among the top 16 overall that placed below 8th in their own conference get sent to the other conference's playoffs.

Under this format, Chicago, at 42-40, would have been the 8th seed in the West (losing tie-breakers to Memphis and Dallas), and the 41-41 Houston Rockets would be staying home. The Bulls, fittingly enough, would face the team that broke Chicago's 20-year-old record for most regular season wins in a single season, Golden State, in the first round (the first time the Bulls played a Western Conference playoff series since 1977, and first time playing the Warriors in the postseason since 1975). The Bulls would probably be done in 4 games, but this system would work well.

I once thought of this idea as well. Ironically, it was a time when the Western Conference had the better teams overall. Now there's four teams that stick out (GS, SA, LC, OC), and the other teams have had quite a bit of row with themselves mostly.. I'm a Dallas fan, so I'm glad they pulled out an amazing win-series to get a (relatively) good seeding. Golden State and San Antonio and perhaps the Clippers wouldn't have given Dallas a shot, but Oklahoma might.

Currently 1-1... That's something.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Not dissing Kobe, but "the Lakers win", is just.. well.. they came in last during the regular season.. If not getting into the Playoffs wasn't bad enough, ending up last is.

Oh trust me. I know the Lakers had a pitiful season. I would have loved to see Kobe retire with another ring.

Well, the Pistons lost game 1 against the Cavs. Lebron got away with a lot of no calls, but that's nothing new....

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The Pistons might win a game when they head back to Detroit but they won't be heading the next round.

ebevan91

I have no interest in the playoffs because my team is missing half of its players and they've gotten blown the **** out in the first 2 games.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Kobe's last game was a masterpiece. As a Laker fan, seeing his last performance on TV was heartwarming. I'll miss him.

I have no interest in the playoffs because my team is missing half of its players and they've gotten blow the **** out in the first 2 games.
I'd like to solve the puzzle, the Memphis Grizzles!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Pistons might win a game when they head back to Detroit but they won't be heading the next round.

^ This. I couldn't agree more. The Pistons are toast....

As much as I would love to see the Pistons win this series it won't happen. It's nice to see the Pistons back in the playoffs, though. The Pistons last made the playoffs during the 2008-2009 season as an 8 seed. After that season....Well....The Pistons played terrible every season...

ebevan91

Kobe's last game was a masterpiece. As a Laker fan, seeing his last performance on TV was heartwarming. I'll miss him.

I'd like to solve the puzzle, the Memphis Grizzles!

Yeah the Grizzlies. With Gasol and Conley, we might've been able to get a better seed and not even be playing the Spurs.

Locormus

Yeah the Grizzlies. With Gasol and Conley, we might've been able to get a better seed and not even be playing the Spurs.

I remembered you were a Grizzly-fan from last season! :)

So far, there haven't really been any major upsets yet, but we're only at game 2 of the first round of the playoffs...

It's looking good for Dallas, considering they've got the home advantage for games 3 and 4. Take advantage of that and it's a 1-3 lead.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow, the Rockets won game 3 in the lasting seconds. Stephen Curry didn't play, but a wins a win for the Rockets. This might be the only win the Rockets get against them in this series.

I still think the West is by far better than the East. If the Pistons are doing what they are doing against Cleveland I think there are at LEAST 4 teams in the west better than the best team in the East. Kinda ridiculous Lebron building teams in the East, put him in the west and see if he gets to the Championship every year. Do not get me wrong respect for Lebron and what he does for the game, but his numbers are based off of an extremely weak Eastern Conference of late. Praying OKC blows it though so the Lakers have a better chance of landing Westbrook or Durant. SA is going to be the team to beat I think, especially with a injured steph.

Locormus

Damn... That was not the way I thought Dallas would use that home advantage.. T.T

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Warriors will be without Stephen Curry for at least two weeks. it will be interesting to see how the Warriors fare without Curry playing.

The Cavs swept the Pistons. Sure, the Pistons got swept, but at least they played tough in that series. The Pistons didn't fold like a lawn chair.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
anyone remember me?

ebevan91

Wow, the Thunder are up on the Spurs 3-2.

I honestly thought the Spurs were going to obliterate the Thunder in this series after the first game.

But really this series could've been over already 4-1 for either team.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I honestly thought the Spurs were going to obliterate the Thunder in this series after the first game.

But really this series could've been over already 4-1 for either team.

That's what I thought as well.

The Thunder just eliminated the Spurs, wow.

So the Thunder will play the Warriors in the west semis.