• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2016 Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie Discussion

SmartD

I figured we would talk about the upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! movie here instead of the Arc-V thread. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdh-fujOb8

I'm looking forward to this movie. I'm kinda hoping the original dub voice actors come back for this movie, but I'm alright with them using different voices instead.

Oh Yu-Gi-Oh.... collecting all the best cards back in elementary school and dueling my friends for bets and what not. Golden moments of my life :p This movie will surely bring back some amazing memories if it's well executed. If there is one thing that Yu-Gi-Oh did over Pokémon it's the story of the anime (and obviously the trading cards). I remember being hyped for the next episode!

This movie better take place during the classic cards area!

Akashin

Oh Yu-Gi-Oh.... collecting all the best cards back in elementary school and dueling my friends for bets and what not. Golden moments of my life :p This movie will surely bring back some amazing memories if it's well executed. If there is one thing that Yu-Gi-Oh did over Pokémon it's the story of the anime (and obviously the trading cards). I remember being hyped for the next episode!

This movie better take place during the classic cards area!

It takes place six months after the end of the original series (so still nine and a half years before GX, for all timeline matters to Yu-Gi-Oh!), but whether or not it remains true to what cards were available back then remains to be seen.

With that said, at the very least it is incorporating some tech from future seasons (D-Gazer).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It takes place six months after the end of the original series (so still nine and a half years before GX, for all timeline matters to Yu-Gi-Oh!), but whether or not it remains true to what cards were available back then remains to be seen.

Do we know why Yugi still has the Millennium Puzzle?

Haunter ゴースト

So this actually looks good.

I haven't watched since GX as a kid (and the BBT Movie), but i'll definetly check this out. Any idea when it's set?

With that said, at the very least it is incorporating some tech from future seasons (D-Gazer).

So this is a continuation of the anime since they past the other Arc's? In that case, we will see a mix up of classic/new cards. By new cards I meant the ones from Battle City Arc. I'm curious how a movie will explain an entire Arc though. My hunch is that if this is successful, they'll perhaps re-make the anime or continue from there.

Akashin

Do we know why Yugi still has the Millennium Puzzle?

Not that I'm aware of.

For that matter, do we know if Yugi has it? He doesn't have it in the trailer or the character sketches, and while it's a bit hard to tell he doesn't seem to have it in the movie poster either.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I hope they have duels that are actually understandable.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I lost all interest in this the moment I found out it was just the first series. Yugi...Well Atem and them were fun, but they had their time. Just like with Digimon Tri; I'd much rather see them focus on the new stuff than going back to the old.

Lorde

I hope they have duels that are actually understandable.

I found the previous film's duel to be quite messy in terms of writing, so I'm hoping that this film's duel is more cohesive at the very least.

Akashin

So the manga and the TV show both ended the same, right? With the Ceremonial Battle and Yugi and co. returning back to Japan? So this film is six months after the events of the show?

That is correct.

Since 5D's ended. So it's basically too far gone.

Are we talking about the writing of the duels, or the cards used? If we're talking about the former, 5Ds tended to be more complex than Zexal or Arc-V (so far). If the latter, again, it's no worse than 5Ds with there being new cards to know the ins and outs of.

I'm just relatively at a loss as to what it is even remotely difficult to follow about Yu-Gi-Oh! of all things. Even when cards get long-winded, they do a good job of showing the process of what happened and why.

nuzamaki90

The next movie trailer is coming at Anime Festa 2015, between November 3rd and November 15th

So yeah, look forward to that.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm still bugged by the fact that they're wearing some sort of D-Gazer, but minus the glass. What was the point?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I might actually watch this movie. The duel was too short for me in Bonds Beyond Time. So hopefully there will be a quality duel this time around. No Judai though so I'm disappointed. I tried to rewatch the original series some time ago, and man did it suck. The duels made no sense whatsoever and the effects didn't match the actual effects of the cards. It was bad. Thank science that Battle City fixed most of that.

Lorde

No Judai though so I'm disappointed.

He lucksacks too much anyway, so good riddance imo. Not that Yugi's much better since his deck is a mess, but at least he's a charismatic character.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
He lucksacks too much anyway, so good riddance imo. Not that Yugi's much better since his deck is a mess, but at least he's a charismatic character.

Judai is one of the few main characters that never cheats. He usually has the cards he needs in hand and will set up plays turns in advance. His play with Winged Kuriboh wasn't luck, that was Jun's fault for being stupid and arrogant.