• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2019 Fanfiction Awards - RESULTS

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
The 2019 Serebii.Net Forums Fanfiction Awards
Hosted by bobandbill, Dragonfree and The Great Butler

The results are in! Prepare the drum roll...

Overall Fiction Awards

Best Pokémon Chaptered Fic (Established Author)

1st place (3 votes): Fledglings by Spiteful Murkrow
2nd place (2 votes): Broken Things by Rediamond
3rd-4th place (1 vote): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light [COMPLETE] by Ambyssin
3rd-4th place (1 vote): The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
5th place (0 votes): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip

Best Pokémon Chaptered Fic (New Author)
1st place (5 votes): Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pathways of Aspiration by pbugle
2nd place (1 vote): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip

Best Pokémon One-Shot
1st place (3 votes): Mail for Welltown (Oneshot) by canisaries
2nd-3rd place (2 votes): SWAP! [One-shot, Everyone, PMD] by Cresselia92
2nd-3rd place (2 votes): Outside the Frame (One-Shot) [FOLLOW-UP INCOMING] by NebulaDreams
4th-5th place (0 votes): [One-Shot] Mute by Negrek
4th-5th place (0 votes): Dispatch Deferred [One-shot, Everyone, PMD] by unrepentantAuthor

Other Fic Awards

Best Plot

1st place (5 votes): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light [COMPLETE] by Ambyssin
2nd place (1 vote): Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pathways of Aspiration by pbugle
3rd place (0 votes): The Legendarian Chronicles [Revision 11] by Chibi Pika

Most Original Overall
1st place (4 votes): The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
2nd place (1 vote): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light [COMPLETE] by Ambyssin

Best Writing Style
1st place (4 votes): [One-Shot] Mute by Negrek

Best Description
1st place (4 votes): Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pathways of Aspiration by pbugle

Best Setting
1st place (7 votes): Fledglings by Spiteful Murkrow
2nd place (1 vote): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light [COMPLETE] by Ambyssin

Best Expansion of Canon
1st place (4 votes): Heroes After All by Umbramatic
2nd place (3 votes): The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams

Best Character Development
1st place (5 votes): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light [COMPLETE] by Ambyssin

Best Characterization in a Short Story
1st place (5 votes): Dragony by canisaries
2nd place (2 votes): Outside the Frame (One-Shot) [FOLLOW-UP INCOMING] by NebulaDreams
3rd place (1 vote): SWAP! [One-shot, Everyone, PMD] by Cresselia92

Best Character Dynamic
1st place (4 votes): Cuicatl, Kekoa and Genesis, Broken Things by Rediamond
2nd place (2 votes): Chimera, Argon, and Eoin, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pathways of Aspiration by pbugle
3rd-4th place (1 vote): Eoin, the Beast, and Argon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pathways of Aspiration by pbugle
3rd-4th place (1 vote): Shine and Curio, The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
5th place (0 votes): Ames and Debra, 750p an Hour by pbugle

Most Suspenseful Fic
1st-2nd place (2 votes): The Legendarian Chronicles [Revision 11] by Chibi Pika
1st-2nd place (2 votes): Hunter, Haunted by canisaries

3rd place (0 votes): Prayers Unheard by Namohysip

Most Heartbreaking Fic
1st place (3 votes): Prayers Unheard by Namohysip
2nd-3rd place (2 votes): The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
2nd-3rd place (2 votes): Outside the Frame (One-Shot) [FOLLOW-UP INCOMING] by NebulaDreams
4th place (0 votes): 750p an Hour by pbugle

Most Heartwarming Fic
1st place (4 votes): The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
2nd place (3 votes): SWAP! [One-shot, Everyone, PMD] by Cresselia92
3rd place (0 votes): Dispatch Deferred [One-shot, Everyone, PMD] by unrepentantAuthor

Funniest Fic
1st place (4 votes): Dragony by canisaries
2nd place (3 votes): The Great Dunsparce Apocalypse by Namohysip

Pokémon Genre Awards

Best Trainer Fic

1st-2nd place (3 votes): Broken Things by Rediamond
1st-2nd place (3 votes): The Legendarian Chronicles [Revision 11] by Chibi Pika

Best Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Fic
1st-2nd place (3 votes): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip
1st-2nd place (3 votes): Fledglings by Spiteful Murkrow

3rd place (2 votes): Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light [COMPLETE] by Ambyssin

Best Pokémon-Centric
1st place (5 votes): The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
2nd place (3 votes): Fledglings by Spiteful Murkrow

Best Canon Character-Centric
1st place (4 votes): Fame [Origins contest entry] by Dramatic Melody
2nd place (3 votes): Hunter, Haunted by canisaries

Character Awards

Best Human Main Character

1st place (4 votes): Cuicatl Ichtaca, Broken Things by Rediamond

Best Non-Human Main Character
1st place (3 votes): Keith, Dragony by canisaries
2nd-3rd place (2 votes): Curio, The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
2nd-3rd place (2 votes): Pixie, Broken Things by Rediamond
4th place (1 vote): Eoin, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pathways of Aspiration by pbugle

Best Non-Human Supporting Character
1st-2nd place (2 votes): Enet, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip
1st-2nd place (2 votes): Guardia, Fledglings by Spiteful Murkrow

3rd place (1 vote): Swift, The Legendarian Chronicles [Revision 11] by Chibi Pika

Best Non-Human Antagonist
1st place (5 votes): Necrozma, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light [COMPLETE] by Ambyssin
2nd place (1 vote): The Source of the Crisis, Mail for Welltown (Oneshot) by canisaries

Funniest Character
1st place (4 votes): Elty, Fledglings by Spiteful Murkrow
2nd place (2 votes): Keith, Dragony by canisaries
3rd place (1 vote): Anam, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip

Fic Moments Awards

Most Heartbreaking Scene

1st-3rd place (2 votes): Chapter 22 ~ Scream at the sky, The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
1st-3rd place (2 votes): Owen and Gahi Have A Moment [Chapter 39], Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip
1st-3rd place (2 votes): Special Episode 5 – I Promise, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip

Most Heartwarming Scene
1st place (3 votes): Chapter 22. Pieces of Home, The Curious and the Shiny: New Game Plus [The Manifold Curiosity] by NebulaDreams
2nd place (2 votes): 'Pops' - Chapter 40, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip

Best Action Scene
1st place (4 votes): Chapter 49 - Burn Away, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation by Namohysip

Author Awards

Best Established Writer

1st place (6 votes): canisaries
2nd place (2 votes): Ambyssin
3rd place (1 vote): pbugle

Best New Writer
1st place (3 votes): UncleKAKAA

Most Dedicated Writer
1st place (5 votes): Ambyssin
2nd place (2 votes): UncleKAKAA

Most Improved Writer
1st place (4 votes): pbugle

------------

That's all!

Thanks to TGB for organising and planning, and Dragonfree for again setting up the voting site and compiling all the nominations and votes.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I may not be the author for any of the fics...

But I'm still happy to see Heroes After All win a category! And in Best Expansion of Canon too! As well as Dragony winning three categories! Three! I loved that fic. I'm so happy. which reminds me i need to review it...

Congrats to all those who won too! I may not have read everything in the nominations, but those I did I feel deserved the nominations and the votes.

Here's to another year of fic writing! And hopefully more writing in general too. XP

now to hope the non-pokémon fic category will still be around by the time i put up my fic

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Here's to the authors who won their categories for a work very well done! Umbramatic, Spiteful Murkrow, Ambyssin, Nebula Dreams and others, there's a provision of very good stories from their hand to enjoy in this trying quarantine.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Glad to get some victories as well, and congratulations to everyone who participated! Confused why I'm in both the "new" and "established" chapter fic category, though. It's funny that I tied for first for best PMD, but didn't get a single vote in the best-established category... aha... ah... I really hope those two things are related and my quality isn't dipping.

Glad for the other things, though--special shoutout to Nebula for getting most heartwarming AND most heartbreaking scenes from the same chapter! Well-deserved, too. I read it.