• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2021 Fanfiction Awards - NOMINATIONS

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The 2021 Serebii.net Forums Fan Fiction Awards
Hosted by bobandbill and The Great Butler
Voting system, tech wizardry and site hosting by Dragonfree

2021 was a rough year, so let us celebrate something we can all enjoy, shall we?

The awards this year are largely the same as in recent years, so you should not have to worry too much about any changes. There is one new thing I will outline below.

The Rules:

- The nomination phase of the awards lasts from January 1st, 2022 00:00 UTC to March 26, 2022, 23:59 UTC.

- Any member of the Serebii.net forums may nominate for the Fanfiction Awards. Nominations should be submitted through the special 2021 Fanfiction Awards website, located here; to nominate, go here. You will have to verify that you control a Serebii.net forums account in order to nominate or vote, either through an automated process involving editing your user profile or by PMing Dragonfree here on the forums. Further instructions can be found on the site.

- Broadly, anything posted in the Fan Fiction, Completed Fics or Non-Pokémon Fics forums in 2021, defined as the period from January 1st, 2021, 00:00 UTC to December 31st, 2021, 23:59 UTC according to the forum's post timestamps, is eligible for nomination. Specifically, for the "Fic Moments" awards, the nominated moment should be from an installment posted in 2021; for more general story awards, at least one installment of it must have been posted in 2021; and for author/reviewer awards, the member in question must have posted at least one fic/review in 2021. The site will automatically enforce this as far as possible.

- When nominating, you may place up to two nominations in each category. You must nominate at least four different authors or their works in all. You may not nominate the same story more than five times total, or the same author more than six times total. Additionally, you may not nominate yourself or your own works in any category. The awards site enforces these limits automatically.

- Asking other people to nominate your work is not allowed. It is up to your readers to decide whether they want to nominate you. The same goes for applying implicit pressure to nominate you (e.g. messaging your friends about how the awards are going on and linking to your fics, without saying in so many words that you want them to nominate you). You may call attention to the awards and encourage people to nominate their favorite fics in general, to boost participation, but attaching advertisements for your particular work to any such post is not appropriate. Failure to conform to these guidelines may result in disqualification from this year's awards.

-New for this year is a For Your Consideration thread. It has its own rules that are explained there, but in short, it is the one place you are allowed to make suggestions for what of your work you think deserve consideration by others for their nominations. Please follow the rules outlined at that thread: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/2021-fanfiction-awards-for-your-consideration-thread.689059/

Any questions, discussions of the nomination process and any necessary bug reports for the awards site are welcome in this thread.
read.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Only one person has voted? The deadline is almost here!

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Severely late but managed to slot mine in.

Dunno if this was a bug or not, but in the author awards, the system refused to take a URL to the author's Serebii Forums profile for several tries. Took up until the fifth try, with long in-page loading waits in-between, for it to stick.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Severely late but managed to slot mine in.

Dunno if this was a bug or not, but in the author awards, the system refused to take a URL to the author's Serebii Forums profile for several tries. Took up until the fifth try, with long in-page loading waits in-between, for it to stick.
I will alert Dragonfree to this. Did your nomination ultimately go through?

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
I will alert Dragonfree to this. Did your nomination ultimately go through?
Yeah, it did. I just had to try and wait about five times for the author profile URL to swap for the author's name into the box's form and combobox.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I actually had the same problem with the author URLs but since it also resolved itself, I decided not to report it, assuming it was just my internet connection or something.