• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2DS won't turn on and makes a popping sound!?

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Hey guys

I recently broken my LCD by accident, sitting on it while it was on my bed and I didn't see it, I managed to save up and buy a replacement screen off ebay and managed to install it.

At first the 2DS would turn on but the directional pad wasn't put in properly because the touch screen direction was running all over the place so I took it apart and fixed the direction pad and then put everything back to where it was but now, when I push the power button, the blue light turns on but after 3-4 seconds it shuts down and there's a popping sound that comes from the speaker, I looked around online and it seems there's a few people that this has happened to, but they all get the same response "Take out the ribbon cables and put them back in again"

Well, I've done that...a good 20-30 times now and nothing's working...

So my question is, what else could be the problem? does this happen when the battery is dying/dead?

I also put it on the charger and after a few minutes the charging light turns off...

I'm really sad about this cause it took me a long time to save up to actually buy a 2DS and then having to buy a new LCD screen (I live in NZ and these things cost a freaking arm and a leg to buy)
so I reeeeeally need help!

Thanks!

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Sounds like it's most likely a power issue, if you're sure everything is connected correctly then it's likely the mainboard was damaged while you were replacing the screen.